Pittsburgh Game Thread

True. I think we show up for Pitts. No way we over look them. Houston on the other hand, we could get lackadaisical. I like how it us lined up. I just want a piece of NE in their house. That will be an epic win that we will be talking about for years.

That's what we've been saying. NE in their house. Next step Pitt first.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing is Tannehill wins this game.

So if Tannehill wins this game without KC's D, in Pittsburgh, without KC's crowd (which can be overrated according to some), we can win this game, unless the Steelers fix their issues or play better than this week (yes, I know, they scored 30 and only allowed 12).

Looked like Moore wasn't the same after the cheap shot. What a game plan, take a cheap shot at a player and make them ineffective the rest of the game. So what you get a 15 yard penalty.

And then you'll get people defend them by saying that football is a violent game, that it goes so fast it must be incidental, that other teams do this, that you wouldn't cry if your team injured the opponent, and that the point of football is to punish the opponent. There were parts of bounty gate that were not handled well, of course, but you wouldn't have to go far to hear the defenses of people saying that it must be happening other places in the league so, so what?

A way to slow down the Steelers rush is for Alex Smith to take off and run, Moore had a lot of opportunities to run, but he was just to slow to do it.

I'm watching Rodgers just shred the Giants. He'll run when necessary but his ability to move around in the pocket while still looking down field is unmatched. He runs as a last resort not at the very first hint of pressure.

I'm watching Rodgers just shred the Giants. He'll run when necessary but his ability to move around in the pocket while still looking down field is unmatched. He runs as a last resort not at the very first hint of pressure.

It's also amazing how his guys just come open, wide open sometimes. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Chiefs+Steelers+2016&sh=0

Rewatched the highlights of this game here. No pressure up the middle with Bailey and Howard that game. Chris Jones will change that. It might have been a blessing for CJ that those two went down. Notice the last TD catch from Kelce - he and Tyreek helped up Artie Burns who was beat on the play. What a class act - hadn't seen that before. Sportsmanship acts like those should resonate more in the NFL.

t's also amazing how his guys just come open, wide open sometimes. 

Exactly. Good point.  When he extends the play it's very difficult for defensive backs to cover that long. He also has the ability to "throw guys open" when they are seemingly covered. 

You missed the point.

You can't extend the play if the pocket gets so tiny so quickly that the quarterback has nowhere to step to from where he can maintain a throwing lane. I'm not taking anything away from Rodgers when I say that his offensive linemen fight harder for him in pass protection than the guys starting for the Chiefs. Or are you just watching the highlights of Rodgers, which do nothing more than reinforce how poorly the Giants' front-four fought to get to Rodgers as the game wore on?

Watch more All-22. It will be an educational experience for you. You might even see that the Giants spied him on some of those plays where he didn't run.

The Steelers are a team that feeds off the emotion of their fans. They are a different team on the road. Chiefs have to limit Bell. They will not be able to shut him down. Just don't let him go off for a buck fifty or more. Ben likes to hold onto the ball but is tough to bring down at times. We can get pressure and force him into mistakes or just bad throws not to mention sacks if Houston is healthy like the Denver game. I think his knee has bothered him ever since.

I agree that the Steeler defense scares no one. They have had 20 or more scored against them in 9 games compared the Chiefs 6. If we don't turn the ball over I think Hill and Kelce (with a healthy Maclin) can do some damage. And let's not forget Andy Reid is 19-3 when he has 2 weeks to prepare. 

I like our chances as I am sure Steeler fans are pointing to the demolition they gave us back on October 2nd as proof they will beat us handily again.

You missed the point.

You can't extend the play if the pocket gets so tiny so quickly that the quarterback has nowhere to step to from where he can maintain a throwing lane. I'm not taking anything away from Rodgers when I say that his offensive linemen fight harder for him in pass protection than the guys starting for the Chiefs. Or are you just watching the highlights of Rodgers, which do nothing more than reinforce how poorly the Giants' front-four fought to get to Rodgers as the game wore on?

Watch more All-22. It will be an educational experience for you. You might even see that the Giants spied him on some of those plays where he didn't run.

I'm talking about Rodgers' entire career. He didn't just start today vs NYG.  And if they are fighting harder for Rodgers than our line fights for Smith, why would that be? What does that say? And I didn't miss the point. Reread the thread without immediately scrambling to Smith's defense. BTW, I never mentioned Smith. This applies to almost every QB with the exception of Brady, Manning, Brees and sometime Rapelisberger.   

James Harrison has provided the team with som good bulletin board material. Made a comment similar to, oh we played the Chiefs earlier this year, I didn’t know.

I have a good feeling about the game. They will be arrogant but I think the improvement in our defensive backfield will surprise them. Bell still scares me. Lesser RBs have gashed us for big yardage. Maclin had a decent game before, Kelce has been in a zone. I'd like to use Hill a little more downfield and wouldn't mind giving West some more snaps, maybe some screens.

I'm talking about Rodgers' entire career. He didn't just start today vs NYG.  And if they are fighting harder for Rodgers than our line fights for Smith, why would that be? What does that say? And I didn't miss the point. Reread the thread without immediately scrambling to Smith's defense. BTW, I never mentioned Smith. This applies to almost every QB with the exception of Brady, Manning, Brees and sometime Rapelisberger.   

That those quarterbacks' reputations are built off of games where they consistently worked with better pass blocking offensive lines than Smith has? You're absolutely right.

That those quarterbacks' reputations are built off of games where they consistently worked with better pass blocking offensive lines than Smith has? You're absolutely right.

That could be said about any QB, though.  Put Prescott behind Indy's oline and see if he is still being talked about as MVP.

Archived