Pittsburgh Game Thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could be said about any QB, though.  Put Prescott behind Indy's oline and see if he is still being talked about as MVP.

I understand that Semo but isn't it possible that some QBs are just flat out better than others or are they all exactly the same and they are merely a product of the talent around them? Isn't it possible that a really good QB can make O lines and receivers better?

The Steelers travel well.  You can expect a ton of terrible towels in Arrowhead on Sunday.    I don't think the Arrowhead mystique will be that much of a factor this Sunday.

I think Chiefs fans are going to show up big time. We need a really fast start. Maybe get a TO or a Tyreek return.

The weather will have a larger affect on the game than the "mystique" ..... but the mystique does not matter anyway, the crowd noise matters and I would think the crowd noise will be a great positive for the Chiefs compared to a few yellow towels waved in the air

That those quarterbacks' reputations are built off of games where they consistently worked with better pass blocking offensive lines than Smith has? You're absolutely right.

The constant bashing of Smith's teammates doesn't make him better. In fact, if he ever used all the excuses you use, he'd be a terrible team mate. I've always respected Smith as being a good team player. 

I understand that Semo but isn't it possible that some QBs are just flat out better than others or are they all exactly the same and they are merely a product of the talent around them? Isn't it possible that a really good QB can make O lines and receivers better?

Sure. Green Bay has never had a great offensive line. But Rogers always makes them look good. Because of his ability to extend the play. Scramble, etc.

But, most, if not all, quarterbacks are system quarterbacks. Put Montana in the air Coryell and he is probably just average. But in the West Coast offense, he was elite.

Who knows how many quarterbacks could've been Hall of Famer's if put in the right system, but instead washed out of the league in five years. A quarterback's talent is not everything.

It's also amazing how his guys just come open, wide open sometimes.

If I were a quarterback, this is what I would want in my receivers. Loosely speaking, right now this is my order:

1. Route running.

2. Reliable hands.

3. Scramble drill, improvisation ability while maintaining #1 above.

4. Physical, fights for the ball.

5. Reading the defense, after the snap IQ (goes with #3).

6. Fast (though Tyreek is changing this).

7. Tall (ditto above)

8. Ball protection (him or nobody and no fumbling).

I sort of have two and three tied, because I think if 1 and 3 are present, 2 should come naturally. But I'd have to take 2 over 3.

Four is above five and six because I inagine as a quarterback I would adjust my throw for the height and speed. Quarterback relies upon the receiver fighting for the ball wherever it is thrown. That's the receivers issue.

8 is low because it is rare but definitely could be a game changer.

Maybe get a TO or a Tyreek return.

Just don't have a TO "on" a Tyreek return. The difference between the one letter in "or" and "on" in your sentence is HUGE.

Remember, if you're not going to feel the punt, get out of the fucking way.

Secure with two hands. It is more important to hold on the ball than it is to get an extra yard or so.

It is more important to catch the ball than it is to find a running lane.

Also, remember that kickoffs are live. You have to field the kickoff if it doesn't go out of bounds first. The Jets forgot that.

Smith will need to run on 3rd downs to continue drives. That may be the X-factor of this game - 3rd down conversions. Keep their O off the field and keep our D fresh.

To stop Bell: patience and containment. Let him make the first move. Don't just dive in and attack, that won't work. Just need to contain and be patient and don't allow runs over 15 yards. But Chiefs must win the TOP

The Steelers travel well. You can expect a ton of terrible towels in Arrowhead on Sunday. I don't think the Arrowhead mystique will be that much of a factor this Sunday.

As long as greedy Chiefs fans don't sale their tickets to them they won't have as many fans there.

Any season ticket holding Chiefs fan who sale their tickets to a Squeeler fan ought to be stripped of their season tickets.

As long as greedy Chiefs fans don't sale their tickets to them they won't have as many fans there.

Any season ticket holding Chiefs fan who sale their tickets to a Steeler fan ought to be stripped of their season tickets.

I think it is Notre Dame, but I'm not sure, but there is a college that has their season tickets on some type of system. If those tickets are sold in a certain manner, they cannot renew their tickets. The next person on the waitlist, has an option to purchase the tickets. Obviously, there would be other ways to sell it, but they have some type of system.

Any season ticket holding Chiefs fan who sale their tickets to a Squeeler fan ought to be stripped of their season tickets.

I don't think you've seen that there are still many, many tickets left for sale (from the Chiefs directly) for this game.  At least as of a few days ago, Steelers fans may of snatched up a ton of them already.

I don't think attendance will be good with the weather due to be bad.

Those 2 bad losses to Tampa and Tennessee at home probably discouraged fans to attend this next game. Not to mention the home loss suffered to Denver last season's Thursday game. I went to that game and witnessed what looked like every seat filled with fans cheering at the top of their lungs. Never have I seen a stadium so let down

Weather forecast is for freezing rain and ice storm.

I think both teams are used to this type of weather but unlike past two years, I don't feel we have that advantage in the running game.

Maybe Pittsburgh's passing game is affected enough by the weather but ours isn't as much? I don't know. Cold-weather can still lead to drops, and still leads to frozen hands throwing the ball, etc. wide-open date passes would be just as easy to catch and perhaps easy to throw in the windows aren't as tight.

We are not playing a hot weather team, so we can't rely upon that being much of a difference, even though our team should be used to it.

Is it just me or are the Chiefs being overlooked by the media? I was listening to a national sports talk show today and tbe main dweeb talking said he didn't think Dallas would make it to the Super Bowl...but if they did, they wouldnt make it past New England or Pittsburgh...whichever of those two were there for the AFC. Implying that is your AFC title game. Not seeing any real buzz on KC outside of KC.

Vegas disagrees.

I hardly consider KC at -1.5 much to boast about. Dallas is favored at -4.5, Atlanta is -5 and New England is -16. Yeah Vegas has a lot of confidence in KC. Especially when the home team usually gets 3 points to start with.

Archived