As much as I hate the Steelers, I would love nothing more than to believe the Chief's gameplan heading into Sunday would be to beat the shit out of them. Respect to Bell and Brown for giving this team life.

Defense: 

But it's because of these two the Chiefs won't be able to win through sheer toughness. Strategy is required. With DJ out, we have a major hole in the defense that has not yet been entirely exposed. Ramik has been all over the field and has played well, but we need someone to come in and be a force rather than an executor. Someone needs to put their foot down, whether it be Poe, Jones, Roches, or maybe even Justin March, who has been MIA. The Steelers won't get cute. They're going to run the ball right up the middle and attack our inside. I would love to see Berry play more in the box for this game, but then there's the threat of Brown shredding the secondary. With DJ in, it's a different defense. It's time for next man up. Who will it be, when it truly counts? 

Offense:

Please, let's stick to what got us here. Let's work on getting Kelce the ball EVERY possession, work on pounding it with Ware, and work on spreading the field with Hill and Maclin and Conley. Alex Smith will show up to play - the great Alex Smith. The one who wins games with confidence. James Harrison shrugged his shoulders when asked about the Chiefs, reluctant to remember they played earlier in the season. I don't blame him. What's is to remember about that game? It was too early in the season. Still, his arrogance was of little bashfulness. I hope the Chiefs offensive line coaches showed Fisher and company that tape. I want this line to be mean, and angry, and confident. Hit em hard and pound the rock. They're at our home turf now. Rough em the f*ck up

SPecial Teams:

Not much to add here. Let Santos and Tyreek do their thing and block. Our crowd always helps our ST

Final points:

Minimize penalties. Don't turn the ball over. Do this, should win comfortably. Chiefs are a solid team at home when they truly show up to play. Can beat anyone

If Alex smith stays aggressive the way he has recently, I see know reason that we can't compete and win.

If we try to play this conservative like the game plans from early in the season, Chiefs will get smoked. Stay aggressive Alex.

Steelers have not been the same team on the road, especially big ben. Only win on the road against a team with a winning record was at Washington and they were barely over .500

I like our chances but we'll need to bring it. This is our worst possible match up. All the top 4 afc teams got to play against a backup QB in the playoffs, except us. Sigh. Yes I consider osweiller a backup. Dude sucks.

Pittsburgh is a very tough matchup.

Its all about the Defense....they need to keep the game close and be tougher at the point of attack.

w

Game will be won in the trenches West. We don't need to dominate - just need to be solid and unpredictable. Our skill players will take care of the rest. 

QB - Pitt

RB - Pitt

WRS - Wash

TEs - KC

O-Line - Wash

D-Line - KC

LBs - Pitt

Secondary - KC

The Chiefs have the best Special Team's in the league. I see us executing large returns , and minimizing Pitt's. Our home field advantage and crowd noise will play a big factor. Ben will not be able to hear and coordinate as well. Pitt have not played in this kind of environment all year. That should be the difference in the game. 

Chiefs 31

Stealers 20

Alex needs to continue doing what he has done the past couple of weeks of the season to open up the offense. In other words he needs to run when the chances present themselves. Adding Alex's running ability to the mix gives the Steelers one more thing to worry about. But having said that...Alex needs to be careful because Pittsburgh is a very aggressive hitting team. They will take their shots at Smith's head even if it costs them 15 yards. One good shot like in Indy and Alex is either out or tentative the rest of the game. He has to be smart.

On Special Teams the word is out on Pittsburgh. They do not have a very good coverage unit. This can be exploited and who better to do it than Tyreek Hill?

Defense is simple. Weather will be bad I understand and cold. Pitt will want to pound Bell down our throats. If we can rise up and at least limit what they want to do running the ball I think that is 80% of the battle right there. Ben can throw but has a gimpy foot and holds the ball a long time. Houston will be big on Sunday.

I believe wholeheartedly that KC will win this game.

Hill, actually had a punt return called back for a TD in the first meeting. See, I almost envision this game like the NE game in 2014 when we trounced the eventual SB Champs. Get a lead early, and roll. The Chiefs will have that kind of energy Sunday. Remember NE won the SB after everyone thought they were finished. The Chiefs blew them out 42-14. We lost similarily to Pitt earlier this year...

On Defense:

• Bring Berry down in the box, to help with the run and cover Bell coming out of the backfield/screens etc.
  • Roll Parker to whatever side Brown is on....No matter what. Nelson and Mitchell will HAVE to play good against the other WR's. No question, they have to have a good game.
  • Allow Jones to penetrate, and everyone else, including the ILB's play discipline gap control.
  • On passing downs, Houston and Ford go after Big Ben with "mad" aggression.
  • Lastly, bend but don't break. They're gonna get yards... Just minimize the big plays and stiffen up in the redzone and hold them to 3's instead of 7's.

On Offense:

• Just do what we've been doing all year. Steady ground game, methodical passing game and take time off the clock to keep the 3 B's on the sideline.

IMO, this is how I would approach this game. No matter tho, I think the Chiefs will win.

On Defense:

• Lastly, bend but don't break. They're gonna get yards... Just minimize the big plays and stiffen up in the redzone and hold them to 3's instead of 7's.

Really like this point.  Chiefs have been pretty tough in the red zone, despite giving up a lot of yards between the 20's.  Keep them out of the end zone.  Total points wins, not total yards.

On Defense:

• Bring Berry down in the box, to help with the run and cover Bell coming out of the backfield/screens etc.
  • Roll Parker to whatever side Brown is on....No matter what. Nelson and Mitchell will HAVE to play good against the other WR's. No question, they have to have a good game.
  • Allow Jones to penetrate, and everyone else, including the ILB's play discipline gap control.
  • On passing downs, Houston and Ford go after Big Ben with "mad" aggression.
On Offense:
  • Just do what we've been doing all year. Steady ground game, methodical passing game and take time off the clock to keep the 3 B's on the sideline.
IMO, this is how I would approach this game. No matter tho, I think the Chiefs will win.

Man, I hope we don't do what we did for most of The year on offense. That shit was a train wreck for awhile.

If they do what they did the last 4 games we'll be ok.

I am fearing the weather may play into more the steelers game than the chiefs....

If it's sloopy conditions,the Steelers will be able to ride Bell on out of arrowhead.

Can't argue with the Chiefs results in the rain this year.

Chiefs have balled in the rain

I am fearing the weather may play into more the steelers game than the chiefs....

If it's sloopy conditions,the Steelers will be able to ride Bell on out of arrowhead.

Bell is unique and talented and physical, but part of his success is due to teams having to account for Brown. We will still have to account for Brown, but if the weather has anything to do with Brown not being as effective, if we guess right, we would know when Bell is getting the rock. Doesn't mean we can stop him, but it is better than a good weather game.

And while anything is possible in this game, we have played well in the rain so far this year. Both teams on all units are used to the weather. Just protect the ball.

Archived