Article written by JC himself

Great info...but pisses me off that the Chiefs are now the Patriots and lying to the media constantly about injuries...id rather just have them say "we don't discuss injuries" and move on rather than being lied to

Well, sounds like the Chiefs didn't even know.

Great info...but pisses me off that the Chiefs are now the Patriots and lying to the media constantly about injuries...id rather just have them say "we don't discuss injuries" and move on rather than being lied to

I personally don't believe it's anyones business but the teams.

Why should a team report whose hurt and whose not?

Very well written and very honest. JC going rogue! Yeah, I think he will be back in football next year. Good for him. What a really good person. With a 7 mill cap had and zero dead money for cutting him, I think he will have to sign an extension for around 3 mill a year to stay. He could get more elsewhere.

Very well written and very honest. JC going rogue! Yeah, I think he will be back in football next year. Good for him. What a really good person. With a 7 mill cap had and zero dead money for cutting him, I think he will have to sign an extension for around 3 mill a year to stay. He could get more elsewhere.

maybe in an incentive laden contract but he's damaged goods hard to risk that kind of $$ on a  old beaten RB.. I'd love to see him try again in KC tho but 7 mil to keep is a steep price.

I personally don't believe it's anyones business but the teams.

Why should a team report whose hurt and whose not?

There should be a department in the league that teams communicate with concerning injuries, just for the sake of the players. Having to publicly report injuries, thereby conceding sensitive information to opposing teams, is damaging to teams. Thus you get the common Patriots injury report:

Peter: Questionable

Paul: Questionable
Mary: Questionable
Eddie: Questionable
Alex: Questionable
David: Questionable
Sammy: Questionable

I've always been a big fan of JC, and wish him well no matter what happens after this season. I really wish he could have been with the Chiefs this post-season. I had this homer fantasy of him making a miraculous Marcus Allen-like run in the Super Bowl, winning it for the Chiefs, and being named MVP.  

There should be a department in the league that teams communicate with concerning injuries, just for the sake of the players. Having to publicly report injuries, thereby conceding sensitive information to opposing teams, is damaging to teams. Thus you get the common Patriots injury report:

Wasn't the injury report mandated by the league to avoid suspicion of teams hiding the info from the public while gamblers might gain inside information and fix the odds?  There's no way every injury will be reported accurately, but teams can get in trouble for non-disclosure.  Some push the limits, but at least there's something to go on.

If it gives them an advantage and the fine is just a fine, I don't see why they'd stop. Then, when they get called out for it, you will get flocks of people commending them for using every strategic angle to win, a mark of a competitive successful franchise. You'll even get people saying the rule should change - which might be true, but no pressure before they do it. But how dare we speak to Maclin a few hours or days before he could sign here.

And then, if they tried to make the fine be more than a fine, they'd get an outcry, from all those franchises that continue to lose to them, on their behalf. It'd be "hard to prove" if the players in question were in fact really injured, so therefore it iwould be a witch hunt that there's "no evidence" regardless of what evidence that actually might be out there.

I mean, this argument is out there for lesser franchises like the Saints - they had a freakin' ledger balance sheet for their bounties and people still screamed there was no evidence. I mean, shit, people already claimed it was OK because football was a violent sport, this type of language of knocking out the opponent is in every locker-room, other teams have bounty systems but are not caught, the punishment is not consistent (consistent with what? It was the first time.), etc. All those excuses and they STILL have to argue the "no evidence" claim when there's a ledger/balance sheet! So imagine trying to enforce a questionable/probable/out/etc. case.

So then, should everyone do it? No, because I feel other teams will lose that battle. They'll gain the slight advantage of misreporting but unprecedentedly lose a draft pick for it - but in the other universe, Patriots would be fined or not and if more, they'd win the appeal because everyone else defended the actions they did knowing they'd never lose out.

Peter: Questionable

Paul: Questionable
Mary: Questionable
Eddie: Questionable
Alex: Questionable
David: Questionable
Sammy: Questionable
GRONK: OUT

I updated it for you :)

Archived