I’ll believe Justin Houston is back BACK when I see it

YEP!!!

Andy Reid said the Kansas City Chiefs were healthy and good to go for the Steelers game, specifically mentioning Justin Houston’s name. Chiefs fans were obviously thrilled at that news.

Except ... I don’t completely buy it. I understand that Reid said he would be healthy, that Houston has had several weeks off and that the Chiefs expect him to play. I get all that.

But it’s not like I forgot what happened last year. How Houston was supposed to come back and then was a shell of himself for eight snaps against the Patriots. Or Jamaal Charles earlier this year coming back and then going right back out. I was there for those.

Like you, I’m a fragile Chiefs fan when it comes to this stuff. If you’ve lived through your star player getting hurt, you’re not going to believe Houston is back - by back, I mean actually back and not just in uniform - until it actually happens.

I won’t fully trust Houston’s return until I see him on the field dominating. And I see a big difference between Houston is healthy enough to play and Houston dominating. The Chiefs need the latter.

Star player injured, playoff game at Arrowhead ... if you’re a Chiefs fan, you’re gonna be a little skittish this week.

He played last year with a brace and was a fraction of himself at full strength. If he plays with a brace I do not expect much. Might be a precaution...might be fool's gold. Like the OP...I will reserve judgement and choose not to get my hopes up until I see the product out on the field.

He played last year with a brace and was a fraction of himself at full strength. If he plays with a brace I do not expect much. Might be a precaution...might be fool's gold. Like the OP...I will reserve judgement and choose not to get my hopes up until I see the product out on the field.

There is more to it.

He should have been good to go.

NFL NETWORK reported he was limited today and Hali was limited. Not a good sign for Houston. Feels like a repeat of last year playoff story.

I think if Houston is limited in this game Pitts puts KC away with little problem. Same as NE last year. No Houston no defense.

I hope Justin Houston returns to full health, but you know what?:

Chiefs' record since 2015 when Justin Houston starts: 10-7

Chiefs' record since 2015 when Justin Houston doesn't start: 14-3

I'm just a little tired of hearing about how important Justin Houston is. If he can't play, next man up.

I'm just a little tired of hearing about how important Justin Houston is. If he can't play, next man up.

You make a valid point. We are that much better when he is out therethough. He's more of a luxury at this point rather than a necessity. Chris Jones, is a monster up the middle and Ford is dyamic off the edge. We mostly need Houston for the run support - we need him to close down the left side. We're not asking him to get 4 sacks against Pitt. Seeing as Brady gets the ball out extremely quick it won't matter much - then again I'm looking ahead just a bit... and yes we are beating Pitt this weekend.

0-2 against the next 2 teams we play. 2 elite multi Super Bowl winning QBs. Not Fitzpatrick & Bortles. But I am getting frustrated with Houston spending all his time in the training room. You can say next man up all you want but Houston not only one of the best in the league but one of the best Chiefs ever. But not while in the tub.

You make a valid point. We are that much better when he is out therethough. He's more of a luxury at this point rather than a necessity. Chris Jones, is a monster up the middle and Ford is dyamic off the edge. We mostly need Houston for the run support - we need him to close down the left side. We're not asking him to get 4 sacks against Pitt. Seeing as Brady gets the ball out extremely quick it won't matter much - then again I'm looking ahead just a bit... and yes we are beating Pitt this weekend.

It does matter. He's has a con Miller impact when he plays...

0-2 against the next 2 teams we play. 2 elite multi Super Bowl winning QBs. Not Fitzpatrick & Bortles. But I am getting frustrated with Houston spending all his time in the training room. You can say next man up all you want but Houston not only one of the best in the league but one of the best Chiefs ever. But not while in the tub.

We lost by 29 when we played Pitt earlier this year. We were going to get our ass kicked even with Houston as the whole team just played like crap.

Xen is right, last time against Brady they didn't know how to play without Houston. This year they have learned to play without him and have beaten some good teams along the way.

Chiefs are a better team with a healthy Houston on the field but if he isn't effective they are still good enough to beat pitt.

This whole thing is starting to remind me of the first Raider game.

We have to get pressure on Roethlisberger. That is one of the keys to the game. He is a different QB when hie is pressured. He will give up the INT. If Houston is out how confident are we that Hali and Ford can do the job? I hope Hali has been saving up for this game because he is light years away from his prime. As for Ford? He'll have a great game and then disappear for a few weeks. Which one will we get? Chiefs are much better with a healthy Houston but I agree...better prepared overall without him.

Archived