Key to winning IMO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting pressure without blitzing and tackling are the big 2 to me. No 5 yard catches that turn into 50.

Agree. We slowed the raiders, were solid enough against the saints and falcons. We have played some high powered offenses.

It's our time

Pittsburgh is going to be ready for the short passing stuff. We are going to have to run for over 120 yards to win this game.

Can Smith get some of those 120 or does it have to 120 RBs plus Smith's scrambles? Obviously, having both would be best, but wondering what you thought.

Can Smith get some of those 120 or does it have to 120 RBs plus Smith's scrambles? Obviously, having both would be best, but wondering what you thought.

We are really good when he runs. At our best.

120+ as a team was my thought..

Turn overs will be the name of the game. Chiefs lose when they turn the ball over e.g Tampa and Tennessee. Pittsburgh is technically the 7th worst team in throwing ints, Ben has 15. Unfortunately their opponents have done nothing with them. The Chiefs tend to do well when winning the turnover battle.

This is why it boils down to our run game.

In 5 playoff games Smith has 11 TD, 1 Int, 99.1 QBR rating and a 60.2 completion percentage which ranks 4th among active QBs. Unfortunately his 2-3 record make many believe he can't win or even take the Chiefs to the playoffs.

Smith's losses were not because of him but his supporting cast. I believe this year, if healthy his supporting cast will help out.

Eric Fisher will be key to keeping Alex Smith upright, and his jersey clean. The Chiefs have to stop the Steelers from running the ball unimpeded. Justin Houston will be key to the defense. If he is healthy, he might be good enough against the rush that they can prevent the Chiefs' defense from getting ripped apart by the run. 

95% of the people here were crowing spencer ware as the next great thing..

Have some faith..

I don't understand what happened, he looked like he was going to be a beast, judging by last season. His injuries may have affected him, or maybe the blocking just hasn't been as good. I get what you're saying though, if he's rested up enough, he could be a big factor. 

Archived