Chiefs - Steelers: Divisional Round Game Thread

Kudos to the Steelers....they did what it took to win. We did not. Chiefs have to get better because the status quo isn't good enough. I like Alex Smith. Not good enough. I like Ware...not good enough. Our Oline...not good enough.

How come our pash rush was MIA? We get one coverage sack. Aside from that Ben had all day to throw. Pass rush...not good enough. 

This team is close. But without the right changes we will always fall just short.

If Houston rushes on the last play instead of drops in coverage Ben can't scramble to the right. Instead, he drops back in coverage and Ben allows Brown to slide behind the zone and pick up the winning 1st down...Why??

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no one thinks he is. Alex isnt either. I dont know how HIll and Kelce werent in the game plan for most of the game. It boggles my damned mind. 2 best players on the offense and we use them as Decoys. Fucking idiotic. Pitt didnt even get a chance to take them out of the game Reid did it for them.

Reid, if I say anything about him, xen will call me something...

Reid flounders at the biggest time along with his boy.

I'm not even going to say much about this game except that the entire offense needs to have a serious reality check. They suck balls. The offensive line was atrocious. Just fucking terrible. Alex Smith is not a good QB, period. The receivers didn't concentrate and the one that did gets his head taken off by the headhunting fuckstick of the league now-days. If I'm John Dorsey, I'm blowing up half this offense and starting fresh. Maclin's 12.5 million per year can go. Albert Wilson's alligator arms can go. I'm confident that Nick Foles can run the offense at least as efficiently as Smith at half the price while you find a QB. And by God, draft some motherfucking guards early. Jesus H. Christ. Get their shit pushed in all day long. And as soon as you can ditch Eric fucking Fisher, cut his ass too. AIDS infested shit show if I ever saw one.

This...this is how I feel atm...

I'm not even going to say much about this game except that the entire offense needs to have a serious reality check. They suck balls. The offensive line was atrocious. Just fucking terrible. Alex Smith is not a good QB, period. The receivers didn't concentrate and the one that did gets his head taken off by the headhunting fuckstick of the league now-days. If I'm John Dorsey, I'm blowing up half this offense and starting fresh. Maclin's 12.5 million per year can go. Albert Wilson's alligator arms can go. I'm confident that Nick Foles can run the offense at least as efficiently as Smith at half the price while you find a QB. And by God, draft some motherfucking guards early. Jesus H. Christ. Get their shit pushed in all day long. And as soon as you can ditch Eric fucking Fisher, cut his ass too. AIDS infested shit show if I ever saw one.

If we go with Foles, we need to give him an extension or have him take a pay cut. The amount of money we lose in Smith's dead money plus Foles' option is the same as Smith's salary next year. We could still do that, but it wouldn't be at half the price and less he takes a paycut. Yes, I know that they can spread the dead money out over two years.

There could be a lot of changes this summer. Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Dontari Poe may not be on the team. I have questions about Justin Houston's health. He didn't look right. Unless the team decides to restructure contracts, they will not be able to fit everyone under their CAP. 

Let's hope the Chiefs make the right decisions, and get this team back to a position of competency. The Chiefs took another one on the chin. I questioned the play calling in the first half. Once again, Andy Reid wasted two time outs, and was left with only one with time running out (which may or may not have mattered, because we apparently want our 260 lb OLB to cover Pittsburgh's best wide receiver in coverage).

Tomlin, Mitchell, Haley, Butler, and Smith out coached Reid, Reid, Reid, and Reid. 

Chiefs are closer to the Browns than they are the Patriots when it comes to post season success. I have to face the fact KC is one of the worst playoff teams in NFL history. Their record since Super Bowl IV is disgusting. I can't quit them but sometimes I really dislike them.

These games happen in the playoffs, to all kinds of teams.  That's the nature of lose once and you're done.

This is why the successful franchises find a long term guy to be the Franchise.  It takes a lot of attempts to get it done, for a lot of teams.

The Chiefs try to short cut it over and over and when they finally get into that window, it's such a short one.  By the time they start to figure things out once they arrived, the window is over and its back to ground zero.  Until they stop that never ending pattern, I don't see any hope for a Super Bowl.

These games happen in the playoffs, to all kinds of teams.  That's the nature of lose once and you're done.

This is why the successful franchises find a long term guy to be the Franchise.  It takes a lot of attempts to get it done, for a lot of teams.

The Chiefs try to short cut it over and over and when they finally get into that window, it's such a short one.  By the time they start to figure things out once they arrived, the window is over and its back to ground zero.  Until they stop that never ending pattern, I don't see any hope for a Super Bowl.

Need to draft a franchise QB.

There could be a lot of changes this summer. Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Dontari Poe may not be on the team. I have questions about Justin Houston's health. He didn't look right. Unless the team decides to restructure contracts, they will not be able to fit everyone under their CAP. 

Let's hope the Chiefs make the right decisions, and get this team back to a position of competency. The Chiefs took another one on the chin. I questioned the play calling in the first half. Once again, Andy Reid wasted two time outs, and was left with only one with time running out (which may or may not have mattered, because we apparently want our 260 lb OLB to cover Pittsburgh's best wide receiver in coverage).

Tomlin, Mitchell, Haley, Butler, and Smith out coached Reid, Reid, Reid, and Reid. 

Houston, Poe, and Ford. Didn't show up today... We need another OLB - Zombo was better than Ford today.

We need to make an attempt to keep Berry...it will be difficult to see JC in another uni but it is for the best, goodbye Tamba as well. two guys who gave a lot for the team but we could not get them a superbowl. Poe is damaged goods so he can go as well. Foles over Smith? hmmm that will take some time to process...

Ford and Houston can probably handle being over the RT fine next season.

Tamba is absolutely finished and they will need to find a new elephant rusher.  Dee Ford was trash in that role.  Hunter Dimick would be an ideal replacement in the draft.

Poe pretty much gave up when he got multiple blockers against him.  A total non-factor and he's the one I would let walk in the Spring.

I'd demand Smith and Maclin to take paycuts and would release them if they refuse.

If they wanted to sell the farm to draft someone like Watson, I would be fine losing a few years while he developed. At least try to draft and devlop a QB.

Lol right. Smith missed a wide open Tyreek Hill streaking down the field in the 1st half. He also threw a poor pass to a wide open Maclin for a TD...not quite sure. It's almost as if everything has to be completely perfect for Smith to take this team to a Super Bowl. An elite QB covers up many faults on a team.

Ford and Houston can probably handle being over the RT fine next season.

Tamba is absolutely finished and they will need to find a new elephant rusher.  Dee Ford was trash in that role.  Hunter Dimick would be an ideal replacement in the draft.

Poe pretty much gave up when he got multiple blockers against him.  A total non-factor and he's the one I would let walk in the Spring.

I'd demand Smith and Maclin to take paycuts and would release them if they refuse.

Albert wilson can go as well, he is good but not good enough for what we need at that position

Lol right. Smith missed a wide open Tyreek Hill streaking down the field in the 1st half. He also threw a poor pass to a wide open Maclin for a TD...not quite sure. It's almost as if everything has to be completely perfect for Smith to take this team to a Super Bowl. An elite QB covers up many faults on a team.

Let's look at the remaining QBs in the playoffs: Rapelisberger, Brady, Ryan, Rodgers. All drafted by the teams they're still with. 3 of them 1st rounders. Brady was a 6th rounder but if you recall the Patriots had Bledsoe a 1st round draft choice and had the luxury of developing Brady. We don't develop QBs. 2 of the up and coming teams have long term QBs, Dallas & Las Vegas. I'm not going to blame this loss on Alex though he was a part the reason we had only 16 at home. Defenses have zero respect for his vertical game. Whenever he tries to go long it's errant or under thrown. He literally can not reach Hill on a streak pattern. The times he's tried Hill had to come back for the ball. Do we really want to dink around with Hill on WR screens 9 times a game when we could throw a few to him down the sideline? We saw what happens when you stop Hill in ST and on the ground. He's been very average as a WR.

Let's look at the remaining QBs in the playoffs: Rapelisberger, Brady, Ryan, Rodgers. All drafted by the teams they're still with. 3 of them 1st rounders. Brady was a 6th rounder but if you recall the Patriots had Bledsoe a 1st round draft choice and had the luxury of developing Brady. We don't develop QBs. 2 of the up and coming teams have long term QBs, Dallas & Las Vegas. I'm not going to blame this loss on Alex though he was a part the reason we had only 16 at home. Defenses have zero respect for his vertical game. Whenever he tries to go long it's errant or under thrown. He literally can not reach Hill on a streak pattern. The times he's tried Hill had to come back for the ball. Do we really want to dink around with Hill on WR screens 9 times a game when we could throw a few to him down the sideline? We saw what happens when you stop Hill in ST and on the ground. He's been very average as a WR.

Watson, might be a good fit. Just don't see him winning a SB. I think we can pass on this year's draft. Live with Alex another year and add to our defense. We'll get Ehinger, DJ, JC, and Berry back at worst.

The only QB I'd aggressively move around for would be DeShone Kizer, and they have zero chance at him.

Watson probably goes to the Texans, so BoB isn't handcuffed to a shitty Brock. 

There are some good QB options.  Mahomes, Webb, Evans (He really should of gone back to VT, but could fit in this offense).  Keep drafting them until you land one.

Think even the biggest homers have to realize that you can only go so far with a starting QB whose best asset is not being a liability.

Need to draft a franchise QB.

YEP,   Most of the time its the elite qb's. 4 teams left and you have Ryan/Rodgers  Brady/Rothlesberger.   Elite Qb's make it easier to get that far.  If you dont have it, everything has to play out perfectly for your team if you want a chance.

If they wanted to sell the farm to draft someone like Watson, I would be fine losing a few years while he developed. At least try to draft and devlop a QB.

im 100 percent ok with that. Its not like the Chiefs are going to win a Superbowl in that time.  I'd be ok with completely sucking for the next 2-3 years if it means they draft a QB and actually develop him for the long term. Its worth it.

The only QB I'd aggressively move around for would be DeShone Kizer, and they have zero chance at him.

Watson probably goes to the Texans, so BoB isn't handcuffed to a shitty Brock. 

There are some good QB options.  Mahomes, Webb, Evans (He really should of gone back to VT, but could fit in this offense).  Keep drafting them until you land one.

Think even the biggest homers have to realize that you can only go so far with a starting QB whose best asset is not being a liability.

i know nothing about Kizer but he is probably easier to get than watson will be

Archived