Chiefs - Steelers: Divisional Round Game Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an entire half without forcing a single punt. 

gonna be a long night if the halftime adjustments don't work.

offense doesn't have the huevos for a game like this.

What frustrates me is, where is Maclin?  where is Conley?  It can't be just Hill and Kelce all the time, other players need to step up. 

at least it's still close. our offense needs to come out and drive for 6... and then continue sustaining drives so the defense can rest

You're right. This is actually the type of game, score-wise, that favors the Chiefs. They just need to put together some long drives, and score of course.

I'm not feeling very good guys. We can't stop Bell. I said we had to limit him to have a chance. And yes I know they have yet to score any TD's but if we can't get them to punt the ball...the TD's will eventually happen against a weary defense. 

Now we could come out and score a TD on the opening drive of the 2nd half, take the lead and we could dig in and turn the 2nd half around. But I just do not see it. Their offensive line is mauling our defensive front. We are getting almost no pressure on Roethlisberger. The recipe is just not there for a Chiefs win and I am pissed about it.

I'm not feeling very good guys. We can't stop Bell. I said we had to limit him to have a chance. And yes I know they have yet to score any TD's but if we can't get them to punt the ball...the TD's will eventually happen against a weary defense. 

Now we could come out and score a TD on the opening drive of the 2nd half, take the lead and we could dig in and turn the 2nd half around. But I just do not see it. Their offensive line is mauling our defensive front. We are getting almost no pressure on Roethlisberger. The recipe is just not there for a Chiefs win and I am pissed about it.

So it seems. This team has defied all odds this year. Don't count the Chiefs out quite yet. 

Do you think having Jay Howard, DJ and Allen Bailey would have made the difference?  I'm not trying to make excuses but those are key players missing on defense. 

So it seems. This team has defied all odds this year. Don't count the Chiefs out quite yet. 

Not saying KC cannot win...but based on the first half the recipe is not good for KC. One scoring drive and nothing. 2 turnovers, zero pressure on Roethlisberger, Bell running wild. Zero forced punts. Am I missing anything? Yes we've held them to 4 field goals. So we can look forward to losing 24-14. Yay!

Archived