Sky is the limit for this defense...but at the same time, Sutton seems to hold them back from being truly special. When you have the talent you do on the front seven in tandem with your amazing secondary....yet you are among the lowest in the league in blitz percentage...which is why we complain about the QB pressure being generated...not to mention having Justin Houston in coverage against the best receiver in the league during the games two most crucial plays...you blitz the QB, he doesn't have time to find the open man against our secondary...

It's tough to fault the defense not giving up a single touchdown but by the same token Pittsburgh controlled the whole damn game with sustained drives that ended in points. We could not get them off the field and give the offense more opportunities. Not that the offense would have taken advantage. Chiefs just aren't good enough.

It's tough to fault the defense not giving up a single touchdown but by the same token Pittsburgh controlled the whole damn game with sustained drives that ended in points. We could not get them off the field and give the offense more opportunities. Not that the offense would have taken advantage. Chiefs just aren't good enough.

Why couldn't adjust during the game?! Sutton did a nice job in the 2nd half , but jeez stuff the box. Ford, was terrible against the run Zombo played much better IMO we need another OLB.

I don't recall which player said it, but he said they had to tackle Bell before he could make his move. I thought that was a bad omen right away. That is the absolute worst way to defend against a player like Bell. The way to stop him is to stay in your lane, don't over pursue, and remain disciplined. 

The Chiefs began to defend against Bell better in the second half, but it was too late. The damage had been done. In the end, we did not score enough points, and lost because Reid only had one time out remaining. One of his timeouts was when he second guessed Smith for not being able to get a play off in time. Another thing that sucks is the defensive alignment that puts Houston in a position to defend Pittsburgh's best receiver on a pass play to the outside. Haley had that one drawn up a long time, and the Chiefs could not figure out it would not work. Part of a coach's job is to create mismatches, and to stop mismatches from happening. Count that win for Haley, and that loss for Sutton. 

Andy Reid had some good play calls. They weren't all bad. However, when Pittsburgh was doubling Kelce, and their LB was mirroring Hill, you have to consider the other options. It seems when Big Ben prolongs a play, the chances increase that he will pick the opponent's offense apart. On the other hand, when Smith prolongs a play he either throws an INT, runs out of bounds, or throws the pass away. In some cases no one is open for Smith to throw to, but on too many instances, players are wide open, and Smith fails to see them come clear. 

The Chiefs will have some major changes in the offseason. They have a projected cap space of $4,896,080 in 2017. Unless the Chiefs shift money to future years (which may strap them) they do not have enough money to pay Dontari Poe, Eric Berry, Josh Mauga, Daniel Sorensen, Jamaal Charles, Nick Foles, Tamba Hali, and Derrick Johnson. In addition, the Chiefs were not hurt with the loss of Allen Bailey, and Jaye Howard (whom could be cut at a savings of $6.5 M). 

When Hank Stram was fired, he was remembered for being too loyal to his own players, who may have played past their prime. John Dorsey, and Andy Reid may see it differently. The Chiefs have to know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. 

The Chiefs look as if they will draft 27th

Dallas lost, and had a better record. So, Dallas will pick 28th. Green Bay, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and New England will vie for 29th, 30th, 31st, or 32nd. 

The question remains do we aggressively move up in the draft to obtain a franchise QB... or continue to build the defense and add more pass rushers to compliment an ok offense.. Let's face it...our pass rush wasn't there tonight. Denver showed last year you need an elite pass rush to win with an average QB. We couldn't get it done. 

The question remains do we aggressively move up in the draft to obtain a franchise QB... or continue to build the defense and add more pass rushers to compliment an ok offense.. Let's face it...our pass rush wasn't there tonight. Denver showed last year you need an elite pass rush to win with an average QB. We couldn't get it done. 

We will not use a high draft pick on a QB while we have Reid. We always hire "win right now" coaches who don't want to a chance a down year or 2 while grooming a talented but young QB. As long as Hunt and the other fans are happy with just getting to the playoffs that's all we can expect.

Offensive line lost this one......again.

Fixed. The line was garbage. The defense was a secondary offender. The drops by Kelce and Wilson rank a distant third. Officiating comes fourth, and that still could have made a difference.

Alex Smith outplayed Ben Roethlisberger, even though Smith was pressured far more often.

Fixed. The line was garbage. The defense was a secondary offender. The drops by Kelce and Wilson rank a distant third. Officiating comes fourth, and that still could have made a difference.

Alex Smith outplayed Ben Roethlisberger, even though Smith was pressured far more often.

This loss wasn't all on him. He played ok. Most times he plays ok. A few quarters a year he plays great. Sometimes he plays terrible. He's had his 4 years. Time to move on from him. He's too limited. I know he means a LOT to you. But to some of us long time die hards he's just another Bono, Grbac, Kreig, Cassel, fill in the blank. I want a QB we don't have to constantly make excuses for. Somebody who can overcome adversity, lead us to a win on a bad day. Someone who makes players around him better. You know....elite, franchise.  He's been around forever and we're still trying to prop him up. We have 1 playoff win with him. Against a very average team with a junior college QB. He's 0-2 vs Brady and Raplisberger. Of course they are multiple Super Bowl winning. That's what I want. A QB to lead us to the Super Bowl.  I'm sure you've seen the QBs remaining in the playoffs. I'm sure they've all been blessed with superb offensive lines. Every play. Every week, Every year. Every decade. PLEASE save me any more excuses! I wouldn't mind if you didn't quote and retype what I post. I mean what I type. But if it's important to you....type away :)

Rd 1 Charles Harris OLB - Missouri

Rd 2 Forrest Lamp LT/LG - Western Kentucky

Rd 3 Elijah Qualls NT - Washington

Rd 4 Samaje Perine RB - Oklahoma

Rd 5 Vince Biegel OLB/ILB - Wisconsin

Rd 6 No pick

Rd 7 Kyle Kalis G - Michigan

Trade Sheldon Richardson Jets to KC for Dee Ford

FA Datone Jones GB Packers OLB

FA Justin Durant DAL ILB

FA Zach Brown BUF ILB

FA Gerald Hodges ILB

Lost 

FA Dontori Poe NT

FA Josh Mauga LB

Retire Tamba Hali OLB

Release Jay Howard DE

Release Nick Foles QB

Release Jah Reid  OL

Release Tyler Bray QB

Release Philip Gaines CB

Release James O'Shaughnessy

IR Derrick Johnson ILB

Rework Contract - Jamaal Charles

Extend - Eric Berry

RFA -  O Daniel Sorensen

RFA - O  Cairo Santos

RFA - O Albert Wilson

ERFA -  James Winchester

ERFA -  Kenny Cook

Where is one where we can draft? What do we have to trade up with? 

Hilarious. Blaming the defense.. 18 pints. 18

Hilarious. Blaming the defense.. 18 pints. 18

The defense gave up a lot of yards. I think the league will catch up with Bell. He isn't as good as he is different. You have to play against hi differently... be more patient. Six field goals is a lot to give up, but the Chiefs did keep the Steelers from scoring six. They almost did it, and they had a legitimate chance this year. They did not embarrass themselves. 

The defense gave up a lot of yards. I think the league will catch up with Bell. He isn't as good as he is different. You have to play against hi differently... be more patient. Six field goals is a lot to give up, but the Chiefs did keep the Steelers from scoring six. They almost did it, and they had a legitimate chance this year. They did not embarrass themselves.

Should be able to score 19 with all the weapons we have. Maclin, Kelce, hill blah blah blah

Another poor plan by Reid

Rd 6 No pick

FA Justin Durant DAL ILB

FA Zach Brown BUF ILB

FA Gerald Hodges ILB

Lost 

FA Dontori Poe NT

FA Josh Mauga LB

Retire Tamba Hali OLB

Release Jay Howard DE

Release Nick Foles QB

Release Jah Reid  OL

Release Tyler Bray QB

Release Philip Gaines CB

IR Derrick Johnson ILB

Extend - Eric Berry

RFA -  O Daniel Sorensen

RFA - O  Cairo Santos

RFA - O Albert Wilson

ERFA -  James Winchester

ERFA -  Kenny Cook

i would love the RB from OU....do we have any idea how many comp picks we will have this year

Should be able to score 19 with all the weapons we have. Maclin, Kelce, hill blah blah blah

Another poor plan by Reid

I agree with you on that. Of course, the players have to execute the plays better too. Kelce missed at least one catchable ball. The offense may have been a bit rusty with the week off. Who knows for sure? 

I didn't see March-Lillard play in the game. Perhaps I missed something. It's too bad if he couldn't play, and Charles was healthy. I have lots of questions, but I am sure the people who know will not be answering them. 

There was plenty of blame to pass along. The fans showed up, and were loud. They deserved better. 

Rd 6 No pick

FA Justin Durant DAL ILB

FA Zach Brown BUF ILB

FA Gerald Hodges ILB

Lost 

FA Dontori Poe NT

FA Josh Mauga LB

Retire Tamba Hali OLB

Release Jay Howard DE

Release Nick Foles QB

Release Jah Reid  OL

Release Tyler Bray QB

Release Philip Gaines CB

IR Derrick Johnson ILB

Extend - Eric Berry

RFA -  O Daniel Sorensen

RFA - O  Cairo Santos

RFA - O Albert Wilson

ERFA -  James Winchester

ERFA -  Kenny Cook

I really like Charles Harris. He's going to be a superstar. We cannot bank on either Houston getting back to health or Dee Ford at this point.

Archived