How was our roster built?

Was it built more to be competitive in the AFC West but not beyond that?  I mean, look at our record against teams like Tampa, Tenn and any team

we face in the postseason. always seem to come up short

The teams left in the playoffs were built around the QB. They can beat teams from any conference.

The roster was built to win immediately, which is what they've succeeded to do.

Deep down, these are the seasons that the KC faithful wanted.

Not me. I'm so tired of the same formula. New coach, GM, Free Agent QB. Repeat. For 50 years. 13-3 and 12-4 mean nothing to me when you don't have a legitimate playoff team 

Dorsey did a fantastic job in the draft. There were a lot of hits, and few misses. Give Dorsey another draft or two, and he will get this team where we want. 

The Chiefs will have to release some of their talent, but I think we have what it takes. You have to build from within. 

Dorsey did a fantastic job in the draft. There were a lot of hits, and few misses. Give Dorsey another draft or two, and he will get this team where we want.

The Chiefs will have to release some of their talent, but I think we have what it takes. You have to build from within.

They don't have to release anyone important. Just sign berry and try for Charles.

We are loaded on the dline. Let Poe leave .. did zero

Just go back and look at the majority of conference championships over the past 10 years.  Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, E. Manning, etc, etc...  Elite QB play is a common denominator with winning playoff games...  Every now and then you will have an elite defense rise up and win a Super Bowl, but by and large franchise QBs win them, and certainly win playoff games.  The problem is that there are only so many franchise QBs to go around, and if you don't have one, it becomes more and more difficult.  This year alone the Raiders went from being a terrifying playoff opponent with Carr, to an afterthought without him.  It's all about the QB.  Alex Smith is decent, but he has literally no deep game, and that limitation prevents the Chiefs offense from being Super Bowl worthy.

Drafting a franchise quarterback is such and hit and miss thing.   It takes a ton of draft picks and it is strictly aimed at the future.   The best franchise quarterback out there that is established right now has to be Tony Romo.   Word is that Elway is ready to sell the farm to get him.   That's a hit and miss thing.   They hit big time on Manning so I guess it was worth the risk.

I figure we got one more year with most of these guys.  Maybe not Poe.   Have to sign Eric Berry.  Albert Wilson can take a walk.  If we can restructure Jamaal's contract its worth a chance.   In my humble opinion we have to luck for Derrick Johnson's replacement in the upcoming draft.   Some of you think he is coming automatically.  Lets just say he has had TWO ruptured Achilles.  Hard enough to come back after one.

To be absolutely honest,  I think we were about a legitimate 10 and 6,  maybe even 9 and 7 football team that caught some really lucky breaks.  We are most vulnerable stopping the run between the tackles and we don't have anybody waiting in the wings that compares to DJ

Drafting a franchise quarterback is such and hit and miss thing.   It takes a ton of draft picks and it is strictly aimed at the future.   The best franchise quarterback out there that is established right now has to be Tony Romo.   Word is that Elway is ready to sell the farm to get him.   That's a hit and miss thing.   They hit big time on Manning so I guess it was worth the risk.

I figure we got one more year with most of these guys.  Maybe not Poe.   Have to sign Eric Berry.  Albert Wilson can take a walk.  If we can restructure Jamaal's contract its worth a chance.   In my humble opinion we have to luck for Derrick Johnson's replacement in the upcoming draft.   Some of you think he is coming automatically.  Lets just say he has had TWO ruptured Achilles.  Hard enough to come back after one.

To be absolutely honest,  I think we were about a legitimate 10 and 6,  maybe even 9 and 7 football team that caught some really lucky breaks.  We are most vulnerable stopping the run between the tackles and we don't have anybody waiting in the wings that compares to DJ

:lol:  Elway isn't going to sell the farm for Romo.  I doubt he gives up much at all - if he even wants him.

I'm all for drafting a QB but it's hit or miss like Wilike said. My only hope is if they go that route, when someone that's good is available, take the chance and get him if possible.

Well we have to try a 1st rounder at some point. Last pick was 1983. That's bad. 43 of the last 50 SB QBs who have won were drafted by that particular franchise.

BS is spot on....Three of the  four  guys still in the dance are Franchise QB's.  I like Matt Ryan, but he was horrible in 2015 and still has a ton to prove.

KC could go after Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, or Tony Romo.  Saints and Bolts are not ready to go to a SB and might so something if they could get a huge return,

Drafting a QB is tough business as many here have seen for going on 60 years....Fuck, the Chiefs could have had Marino or Jim Kelly but DRAFTED Blackledge.....

w

BS is spot on....Three of the four guys still in the dance are Franchise QB's. I like Matt Ryan, but he was horrible in 2015 and still has a ton to prove.

KC could go after Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, or Tony Romo. Saints and Bolts are not ready to go to a SB and might so something if they could get a huge return,

Drafting a QB is tough business as many here have seen for going on 60 years....Fuck, the Chiefs could have had Marino or Jim Kelly but DRAFTED Blackledge.....

w

So you are saying Alex isn't the answer?

BS is spot on....Three of the four guys still in the dance are Franchise QB's. I like Matt Ryan, but he was horrible in 2015 and still has a ton to prove.

KC could go after Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, or Tony Romo. Saints and Bolts are not ready to go to a SB and might so something if they could get a huge return,

w

I thought the consensus was the Chiefs should draft and develop their own qb

w

As much as I don't care for Rivers I think him and Andy could make a pretty dangerous duo. This offense would be better with a mobile QB however.

As much as I don't care for Rivers I think him and Andy could make a pretty dangerous duo. This offense would be better with a mobile QB however.

Sadly

Reid is married to Alex. No one is pulling the plug on it.

More 175 yard 1 td 1 int games ahead

Alex is the answer for KC unless the Chiefs try for a Franchise QB....

You keep acting like all we have to do is cut the guy and Franchise QB's will rain from the sky.

w

What has Alex done to deserve being the answer?  One wild card win? And in that game he didn't do anything a run of the mill QB couldn't have done. Defense had 5 TOs and ST had a TD. Evidently 4 franchise QBs rained down from the sky in Atlanta, New England, Pittsburgh and Green Bay and we'll be watching them from the sideline.......again. They'll never rain down on us if we have the umbrella up and never take a chance in last 40 years.

What choices are out there?

Do you want to go through all the Draft Picks at QB over the past 20 years?

I said Smith is the answer unless KC goes after a franchise QB. If the Chiefs can get Brees, Rivers, Romo...go for it.

w

Archived