Semo Mock V.1

2017 Kansas City Chiefs NFL Draft

*Not sure on exact comp picks yet.

1 –  Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State  6'2" 240lbs

I have had Cunningham here for awhile, but after watching what the run D did after DJ went down, I have changed it to the best run stuffing ILB in the draft.  Though, I have my doubts about Dorsey taking an inside guy in round 1.

McMillan is a beast against the run and showed improvement this season at diagnosing plays and coverage ability.  Still a question whether he can be a three down player right away, but has a high ceiling.

2 – Pat Mahomes QB Texas Tech  6’3” 219lbs

He will be the 4th QB drafted.  Played in a spread offense.  Needs some development, but has a plus arm and the ability to run, when needed.  We have the picks to trade up, if needed. 

3 – Tarell Basham DE/OLB Ohio  6'4" 262lbs.

Workouts could push him higher.  Not well known because of where he played.  Quick first step off of the edge and good at dropping in coverage.  Has good versatility and could be a candidate to play inside as well.

3 (comp) – Isaac Asiata OG Utah  6'4" 330lbs

Good feet, quick burst off the snap.  Excels in run blocking and is more than adequate in pass pro.

4 – Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado  6'2" 195lbs

4 (comp) –  Josh Carraway DE/OLB TCU  6’4” 250lbs

5 – Kareem Hunt RB Toledo  6’0” 225lbs

6 - forfeited

6 (comp) –  Demetrious Cox S Michigan State  6’1” 198lbs

6 (comp) – Darius Hamilton DE Rutgers 6’4” 255lbs

7 – Taylor McNamara TE USC  6’6” 265lbs

I'm not as much a draft expert as some and I appreciate everyone's knowledgeable input. I don't think we should go defense in the first round. We lost a bunch of games this year when we didn't even give up 20 points AND we had Bailey, Mauga, DJ, March and Howard on the shelf. Our biggest weaknesses are OG and QB. I thought CB was a problem earlier in the season but Mitchell came on and Nelson improved. 

I'm not as much a draft expert as some and I appreciate everyone's knowledgeable input. I don't think we should go defense in the first round. We lost a bunch of games this year when we didn't even give up 20 points AND we had Bailey, Mauga, DJ, March and Howard on the shelf. Our biggest weaknesses are OG and QB. I thought CB was a problem earlier in the season but Mitchell came on and Nelson improved.

Qb, oline

Archived