All the failures lead to one thing

I saw plenty of mistakes....

I think the game was bigger than the Chiefs for the most part.

Kelce losing his cool at a critical time ( Smith got them through that...) Missed passes, drops,  Missed Blocks. Missed Coverage....

w

I saw plenty of mistakes....

I think the game was bigger than the Chiefs for the most part.

Kelce losing his cool at a critical time ( Smith got them through that...) Missed passes, drops,  Missed Blocks. Missed Coverage....

w

I was glad for KC that the Chiefs got to play a game at Arrowhead. However, the week off seemed to be an issue. The team did not look as crisp. I don't know if that all mattered, but the Chiefs did not look sharp.

Another issue was the way the Steelers' defense adjusted to the game, and the Chiefs did not. This is a credit to the Steelers' coaches, and a discredit to the Chiefs' coaches. Andy Reid has a big input in the play calling. It's on him. He needs to fix that for the Chiefs to go forward.

I don't think Big Ben won that game by himself. In fact, Alex Smith may have played better than Big Ben last night. Let that sink in.

Of course he doesnt win the game by himself, but just look at the superbowl winners since  super bowl 1. Its pretty impressive how many of them QB's are hall of famers.

Of course he doesnt win the game by himself, but just look at the superbowl winners since  super bowl 1. Its pretty impressive how many of them QB's are hall of famers.

The league has an interest in promoting better known players. It helps their bottom line. It's an entertainment industry.

The league has an interest in promoting better known players. It helps their bottom line. It's an entertainment industry.

So why does the Chiefs continue to go down the same road when everyone i mean EVERYONE knows the outcome. Its like they are the only ones that dont see it.. Its mind boggling.  I wouldn't even care if we sucked but we at least tried to draft a QB of the Future.   One the Chiefs could call their own for the next 10 -15 years.     

Did you see Herm today?  Had graphic with Ben up...  Said...either you have a franchise QB....or you sit next to Adam Schefter......he knows the Chiefs QB struggle...lol

Ironically enough, he was the last one to actually try to find a Franchise QB.

Unfortunately for him, he picked Brodie Croyle.

I agree we should be looking at a franchise QB. But that's not the only common factor in all the failures over the years. As much as I loved Marty when he coached, it's no secret he played a type of football that was very conservative, low risk, try to get a lead and then don't lose it brand that just does not work against playoff teams. By the same token Andy has had a hand in our playoff losses. Makes me wonder if we actually got a franchise QB that the play calling and game plan won't still hold the team back. Thoughts?

I don't see the argument of Alex playing better than ben.  Lower completion %, 52 fewer yards with just as many completed passes.  Both threw and interception, and both were sacked once for a six yard loss.  Smith only had two runs for 9 yards, compared to Bens 4 runs for a yard....but that's non existent.  Smith had a TD, but that stat is overrated given circumstance...

The difference is that teams are afraid to test ben....knowing he can throw it anywhere on the field accurately.  they also don't chase him out of the pocket for fear of the run.  While Alex runs, nobody is scared to test him.  That fear allows Bell to blow up a game for 170 yards while our RBs combine for 52 yards. 

I've always been on the Alex Smith bandwagon...I think I'm done.  I don't blame him for the loss, this truly was a team loss...but our offense is so easy to game plan for because of our QB limitations.  There's a term that I love and it basically applies to elite QBs only.  They know how to throw the receiver open.  Alex is simply too cautious for that.  Yes, the low turnovers are great, but I could make a million clichés about how you miss 100% of the passes you don't throw.  Alex just doesn't think that way and never will...

You realize Montana did not fall off his walker in Buffalo right?

Except when the Chiefs  had Rich Gannon and gave him away?

w

I will NEVER understand why the Chiefs didn't build behind Rich Gannon...  He always looked like he had so much potential to me, and clearly Gruden understood that when others didn't.

In fact, Alex Smith may have played better than Big Ben last night. Let that sink in.

Dude...  That is a ridiculous statement...  Alex Smith doesn't even look past 15 yards, Big Ben is one of the most prolific players in the NFL, as much of a douche as he probably is personally, the guy is great at playing QB.

Dude...  That is a ridiculous statement...  Alex Smith doesn't even look past 15 yards, Big Ben is one of the most prolific players in the NFL, as much of a douche as he probably is personally, the guy is great at playing QB.

thats E's MO..piss in the air and see who drinks

If they stick with Alex as a starter, and they probably will in 2017, they will need to find a big body WR that runs perfect routes that can move the chains.

They don't have that guy on the roster, unless you believe in the Conley myth for whatever reason.

I actually do believe in Conley. Receivers arent the problem. What makes you think he can't be that guy? Whether Smith or Foles starts we need another RB , ILB, and OLB help. The running game needs to be improved as well as the run defense - giving up 170 yards in the playoffs is a slap in the face. These games are won in the trenches we got beat up front all night. Secondary, is stacked even if we lose Sorenson - Murray can fill in as a nice replacement.

Archived