We Need A Franchise QB

Kevin Keitzman brought up a good point today, the Chiefs could have offered the Colts our entire draft in 2012 for the rights to draft Andrew Luck and the Colts would have snatched that trade up and kept Peyton Manning, if it would have happened the only player from that draft still on our roster is Dontarri Poe, would you trade Poe for Luck?, so it's about time the Chiefs need to do whatever it takes to get a franchise QB.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is when a franchise QB is there the Chiefs need to go after him.

The point is, you dont know when that actually is. Sometimes you need to just draft higher up and at least try for something.   IN the Last 36 years the Chiefs are the ONLY franchise to not even attempt to draft a QB in the first round.   Hell, i might be wrong on this but i dont even think we have ever tried to even draft a  QB to be the future of this franchise since then.   Its crazy how 31 other teams have figured this out.   Is there a chance to strike out? absolutely a HUGE HUGE chance you will hit. If you never take that chance, you will never hit ever. its 0.0 percent possibility.

You don't just order up a QB on Amazon, and get a future hall of fame player. They have to fall to you. Sure, I would have taken our entire draft in place of Andrew Luck, but as far as I can determine, Indy wasn't interested in making a deal. Andrew Luck was supposed to be a lock, and he is hardly the same as Peyton, Rodgers, or Brady. He may be close to Rothlesberger. And, I haven't seen Indy doing much lately. Am I wrong to wonder why Indy didn't make it to the playoffs?

You cannot fix Alex Smith. He is what he is, and he isn't yet perfect. What hurts is the plays he leaves on the field. That doesn't mean they should not continue to find a QB of the future. It just isn't as easy as KK makes it seem. He is a nut job, who has a radio gig. Good for KK.

You don't just order up a QB on Amazon, and get a future hall of fame player. They have to fall to you. Sure, I would have taken our entire draft in place of Andrew Luck, but as far as I can determine, Indy wasn't interested in making a deal. Andrew Luck was supposed to be a lock, and he is hardly the same as Peyton, Rodgers, or Brady. He may be close to Rothlesberger. And, I haven't seen Indy doing much lately. Am I wrong to wonder why Indy didn't make it to the playoffs?

You cannot fix Alex Smith. He is what he is, and he isn't yet perfect. What hurts is the plays he leaves on the field. That doesn't mean they should not continue to find a QB of the future. It just isn't as easy as KK makes it seem. He is a nut job, who has a radio gig. Good for KK.

Sounds good, E. We've only had 40 years. We need to be patient. Not take any chances. Status quo. We got to the playoffs!! We had as many playoff wins this year as CLE & JAX. Let's give Alex a few more years and if it doesn't work out maybe Bortles will be on the market. Just having a little fun here. Hope nobody gets offended!! But hopefully you get my point. If you leave it up to coaches and GMs they are going for the quick fix. 40 years isn't quick. This has to be an organizational thing and I think Clark will just keep hiring "established" coaches who will feel the need to win now.

Alex just isn't the same player. He has regressed significantly since 2013. When pressured against the Steelers, he was 0 for 7. Our receivers were not exploited as they should've been against an average Pitt secondary, with Maclin and Conley only catching 2 passes each. He's my boy, but perhaps all that beating he has taken over the past years from a rebuilding offensive line has really affected him. If he's our starter in August, this will be his final shot. Superbowl or out

Foles is a starting QB for many teams and can throw the ball down-field accurately. Reid drafted him, so why let him go? He's a great weapon for us if they decide to cut Smith; however, the Chiefs inside office loves Alex for all he does. He brings wins and helps foster kids with his Foundation. Great guy, good player, but we need a Superbowl for the die-hard Chief fans surrounding the nation. It's called a Kingdom for a reason 

Sounds good, E. We've only had 40 years. We need to be patient. Not take any chances. Status quo. We got to the playoffs!! We had as many playoff wins this year as CLE & JAX. Let's give Alex a few more years and if it doesn't work out maybe Bortles will be on the market. Just having a little fun here. Hope nobody gets offended!! But hopefully you get my point. If you leave it up to coaches and GMs they are going for the quick fix. 40 years isn't quick. This has to be an organizational thing and I think Clark will just keep hiring "established" coaches who will feel the need to win now.

Mmmm I like me some Bortle pie

I could see Andy taking a chance on him or Kaepernick. I'd rather see a fresh QB.

Have you seen the articles coming out of San Francisco where the writers are admitting that the 49ers made a mistake in trading away Alex Smith in favor of playing Colin Kaepernick? Do you really think history will not repeat itself here?

Have you seen the articles coming out of San Francisco where the writers are admitting that the 49ers made a mistake in trading away Alex Smith in favor of playing Colin Kaepernick? Do you really think history will not repeat itself here?

No, because the writers from that area suck.

The 49ers actual mistake was letting go the best coach they may ever have had, after Bill Walsh.

Johnny Manzel said that he is sober and ready to play.

You do realize the Chiefs were thought to coveted Johnny Manziel in the 2014 draft. Had Cleveland passed on Manziel, he may have been our problem. Instead, Cleveland used their second first round pick for Manziel, and Kansas City settled on Dee Ford.

No, because the writers from that area suck.

The 49ers actual mistake was letting go the best coach they may ever have had, after Bill Walsh.

That was a second mistake, but Jim Harbaugh's 49ers were 8-8 before he left. The shine had worn off Colin Kaepernick following the 2013 season.

And, not or.

The 49ers had some injury issues and you don't fire a coach that went to multiple NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl after a single 8-8 season.

It was stupid and the 49ers are a stupid, toxic franchise.  I know you love Alex foreva, but they made the right choice when they made the QB swap permanent.

Seeing how far that franchise has sunk gives me a nice, warm feeling.  I hope they suck for the rest of eternity,

So when Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a starting gig next season, 32 franchises will have it all wrong, and the Chiefs will have doubled down on that by making the mistake the 49ers somehow didn't?

No, you are taking what I said and twisting it into your own narrative.

The 49ers made it to the Super Bowl the year they benched Smith for Kaepernick and were a black out away from winning it, so yes I'd say it did work out.  Since than, the talent level in SF has diminished greatly and the people that were committed to tutoring Kaepernick into a well-rounded starter were forced out the door.  

I think you're being quite disingenuous by passive-aggressively laying a vast majority of the blame on the QB in one town, while throwing everything else under the bus before the QB in another town.

Archived