Is this man going to continue to accept mediocracy? When will he EVER win his father's trophy??? It's been over 10 years since the passing of Lamar Hunt. We haven't even sniffed an opportunity at an AFC Championship. Like previous years he will sit and watch (with his dissapointed Arrowhead faithful) as Brady, Manning, and Rapethlisberger grease their slimy hands on yet another one of his father's trophy. 

I understand Reid brought in Dorsey and Reid. They've done great being above average, but not haven't gotten any closer to fathoming a SB run. There must be more to the equation. Clark, must demand excellence and thirst for his tortured fan base. We know very well Kansas City Chief fans are the most hungry franchise in this sport , no question about it. Year in and year out loyal fans continue to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars for just a glimmer of hope. For goodness sakes just win a home playoff game! 0-4 in their last home playoff games coming off a BYE...unacceptable.

We need more aggressiveness and accountability. Something needs to change - we have nearly the most talented roster in the league and yet we continue to fall short 4 years into this regime. No, i'm not asking for heads to fly, but we need to get over this hump. Clark, needs to grow a sack and show some fucking compassion for his fan base. As Mellinger quoted from the Star earlier today, "Professional sports favor aggression over hope." Something needs to be done.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, All them Qb's always get the calls in their favor. Its damned time the Chiefs get one too.  If we have to suck the next few years, then so be it, its worth it a few years down the road.   We as Chiefs fan have seen this  play out so many times.    Before the game,  most of us knew what the outcome would be.  We were holding on to false hope. We want our team to win in the post season, but deep down, we know it wasnt going to happen.

I like Clark and think he is trying.  We do need to at least try to draft and develop quarterbacks, though.  They might miss a few times.  Look at teams like Cleveland.  How many times have they whiffed on 1st round QBs?  But, at least they have tried over the last few decades.  Not KC.  They can't keep bringing in other teams castoffs.  They were cast off for a reason.

Alex Smith is a good QB.  Not great, and he never will be.  He is what he is.  I don't know if there is one in the draft this year that could be a franchise QB.  But, I think if Kizer or Watson are close, they should try to move up.  Take a shot.  If they don't work out in a few years, try again.  It can't be any worse than trading for someone else's second fiddle every few years.

Let's fire the owner, skewer the coaches, and run off all the players. We need to burn Arrowhead down to the ground. After all, they lost by 2 points to Pittsburgh.

Let's walk back from the crazy train. There will be changes, but you have to be careful what you ask for. It could be a lot worse.

Of course it could be a lot worse...but lets look at some QBs:

Patriots:  Had 5 terrible years where they had 5 or fewer wins.  The got Bledsoe....then got Brady....and have dominated for 20 years.... 

Steelers:  3 bad seasons...drafted Big Ben....dominated since...

Colts:  Perennial losers for two decades...Get  peyton manning....domination...

Broncos:  Tried and tried and tried to break through after Elway left....get peyton manning....two trips to the super bowl with a win...lose manning...mediocre...

having an elite QB isn't just about the player changing the team either...it allows teams to obtain top tier players that WANT to play for a winner.  no way in hell New England and Denver would have gotten the free agents they have acquired had they been without amazing QBs.  And they are willing to take discounts...

I dealt with 30 years of basement dwelling with the Royals and the WS appearance make it all worth it...  I'd gladly take 45 years of bad to mediocre teams to get to a super bowl with the chiefs...of wait...I already have...and I didn't even have to wish for it...

Let's fire the owner, skewer the coaches, and run off all the players. We need to burn Arrowhead down to the ground. After all, they lost by 2 points to Pittsburgh.

Let's walk back from the crazy train. There will be changes, but you have to be careful what you ask for. It could be a lot worse.

I had a great time at Arrowhead this season so I wouldn't burn it to the ground.

I like Clark and think he is trying.  We do need to at least try to draft and develop quarterbacks, though.  They might miss a few times.  Look at teams like Cleveland.  How many times have they whiffed on 1st round QBs?  But, at least they have tried over the last few decades.  Not KC.  They can't keep bringing in other teams castoffs.  They were cast off for a reason.

Alex Smith is a good QB.  Not great, and he never will be.  He is what he is.  I don't know if there is one in the draft this year that could be a franchise QB.  But, I think if Kizer or Watson are close, they should try to move up.  Take a shot.  If they don't work out in a few years, try again.  It can't be any worse than trading for someone else's second fiddle every few years.

Right, I get that, but might it have been different if Cleveland actually had a good coaching staff?? I am positive Reid and company can groom a franchise QB and that's the next step. 

This whole owner being an issue is ludicrous.

There's really only been one constant over the past 40 years of mediocrity - The Hunts. Clark, is taking steps however I want him to stay on the ball and be aggressive. We need to use higher picks on QBs rather than 7th rounders. They never pan out.

There's really only been one constant over the past 40 years of mediocrity - The Hunts. Clark, is taking steps however I want him to stay on the ball and be aggressive. We need to use higher picks on QBs rather than 7th rounders. They never pan out.

so your suggesting that Clark run the Draft?

We swept the toughest division. There was blatantly something missing during the Pitt game: leadership. DJ is more than a player for this team. If he was in, we would have never seen such blown coverages & bad run defense.

If Jamaal & DJ both return, it won't matter whose at QB. This team will go all the way. DJ must return for just 1 more season

The trajectory of this team is up. They may win fewer games next year, and still be in a better position to compete in the future. Dorsey has had two masterful drafts, and one very good one. His first try was not quite as good, but he had little time to get it together.

2016 - Chris Jones - A +    Starter

KeiVarae Russell - F     Gone

Parker Ehinger - B      Starter

Eric Murray - C        Special Teams

Demarcus Russell -   I   Made the Squad (incomplete)

Kevin Hogan - F  Gone   (told ya)

Tyreek Hill  - A   Starter

D J White - C     Special Teams, and Back up

Dadi Nicolas - B   Special Teams, and Role player

2015    Marcus Peters - A+  Starter Top 5 Corner

Mitch Morse -  A  Starter - Top 5 Center

Chris Conley -  B  Starter

Steven Nelson - B-  Starter at nickle Special Teams and Corner

Ramik Wilson   - B-  Starter at ILB

DJ Alexander  - B-  Starter at Special Teams (underrated)

James O'Shaughnessy -  C-   Bench IR

Rakeem Nunez-Rochez  - B  Starter

Da'Ron Brown  - F+  Not on the team

2014    Dee Ford - B  Starter

Phillip Gaines -  C-   Hurt a lot

De'Anthony Thomas  - D+   On the team, Special Teams - but not so special

Aaron Murray  - D+   Not on the team

Zach Fulton -  C-   Starter by default

Larry D-Tardif - B  Starter w/ potential to be top 5

2013    Eric Fisher - C+  Starter - Top 20 LT

Travis Kelce - A+  Starter, but a Diva (best TE in the league)

Knile Davis - C- On the team.

Nico Johnson - F  Not on team

Sanders Comming - F+  Not on team - Injured a lot

Eric Kush  -  D-  Not on team, but still in the league

Braden Wilson - F- - -  Not on team 

Mike Catapano - D+ Not on team, but still in the league           

We swept the toughest division. There was blatantly something missing during the Pitt game: leadership. DJ is more than a player for this team. If he was in, we would have never seen such blown coverages & bad run defense.

If Jamaal & DJ both return, it won't matter whose at QB. This team will go all the way. DJ must return for just 1 more season

JC isnt playing for the Chiefs, and DJ wasnt the problem. They would have gave up yards no matter what.   Bell is a damned Good RB.  The only problem was, we scored `16 points at home.  Gave up 0 touch downs on defense.   For this Chiefs team to win, EVERYTHING has to go 100 percent our way.    WE dont have a QB that can make up for a few errors.   The Chiefs have no wiggle room.  This is why we lost.

Is this man going to continue to accept mediocracy? When will he EVER win his father's trophy??? It's been over 10 years since the passing of Lamar Hunt. We haven't even sniffed an opportunity at an AFC Championship. Like previous years he will sit and watch (with his dissapointed Arrowhead faithful) as Brady, Manning, and Rapethlisberger grease their slimy hands on yet another one of his father's trophy. 

I understand Reid brought in Dorsey and Reid. They've done great being above average, but not haven't gotten any closer to fathoming a SB run. There must be more to the equation. Clark, must demand excellence and thirst for his tortured fan base. We know very well Kansas City Chief fans are the most hungry franchise in this sport , no question about it. Year in and year out loyal fans continue to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars for just a glimmer of hope. For goodness sakes just win a home playoff game! 0-4 in their last home playoff games coming off a BYE...unacceptable.

We need more aggressiveness and accountability. Something needs to change - we have nearly the most talented roster in the league and yet we continue to fall short 4 years into this regime. No, i'm not asking for heads to fly, but we need to get over this hump. Clark, needs to grow a sack and show some fucking compassion for his fan base. As Mellinger quoted from the Star earlier today, "Professional sports favor aggression over hope." Something needs to be done.

hard to convince folks on this site.  Most seem ok with being 12-4 and getting bounced yet again.    They are just happy the Chiefs dont suck, but i dont really see the difference if you arent going to be contending for the Superbowl.   

Sad to say most Chiefs fans are content with just being a decent team.

Meh. I'm not going to get all worked up about grown men playing a kid's game in different colored shirts for millions.

Sure it'd be great if they win a superbowl. I would love it. But it doesn't change my life either way. I don't get a bonus if they win. I'm not going to lord it over my friends if they win. I'll enjoy it and move on. Just like I'm not going to get all worked up over a loss and act like an ass about it.

I enjoy football. I enjoy watching the process behind the game. And I'll continue to root for the shitty team I've chosen because I enjoy it.

Almost all seasons for almost all fans in the world end in disappointment. Every year. Deal with it and move on.

Archived