• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JC isnt playing for the Chiefs, and DJ wasnt the problem. They would have gave up yards no matter what. Bell is a damned Good RB. The only problem was, we scored `16 points at home. Gave up 0 touch downs on defense. For this Chiefs team to win, EVERYTHING has to go 100 percent our way. WE dont have a QB that can make up for a few errors. The Chiefs have no wiggle room. This is why we lost.

My friend. Saying DJ's absense didn't have an affect is ludicrous. As soon as he went down, I knew our superbowl odds flew out the window. I just didn't want to say anyhing. I don't think you understand what he does. He's the QB of the defense. He himself makes reads based on experience and often changes the play, shifts the linemen, and when it comes to play recognition he is one of the best. Don't underrate his precense. All good teams have a QB on defense. Ours got injured.

All in all, I blame the offense for not putting up at least 20 points. No excuses being ar home and having a 2 week break. Smith didn't make any plays besides that 3rd and forever to Maclin

E, you forgot peters

Fixed it. By my count there are 11 to 12 starters, and many more who play significant portions in games. The 2016 draft may end up being better with a little time. The 2015 draft is one of the best of all times. It was A++.

For this Chiefs team to win, EVERYTHING has to go 100 percent our way.

It's funny how everything about that game seems to come down to one play, and yet you can name your own play: A receiver Smith didn't target, Fisher drawing the flag on the two-point conversion, a holding call on Morse that killed the first drive the offense didn't score on, Jah Reid's non-block on Bud Dupree that caused the interception, bad drops by multiple receivers, West's fumble, Fisher's whiff on James Harrison... those are just some of the offense's mistakes. The defense wasn't blameless, either.

The Smith hate is ignorant.

It's funny how everything about that game seems to come down to one play, and yet you can name your own play: A receiver Smith didn't target, Fisher drawing the flag on the two-point conversion, a holding call on Morse that killed the first drive the offense didn't score on, Jah Reid's non-block on Bud Dupree that caused the interception, bad drops by multiple receivers, West's fumble, Fisher's whiff on James Harrison... those are just some of the offense's mistakes. The defense wasn't blameless, either.

I agree yes the defense did hold them to FGs, but only one punt in the game won't cut it. How can an offense get in ryhthm if they're constantly on the sideline? We started gelling , but the game was already finished by then.

I agree yes the defense did hold them to FGs, but only one punt in the game won't cut it. How can an offense get in ryhthm if they're constantly on the sideline? We started gelling , but the game was already finished by then.

How can an offense get in rhythm and off the sideline when they covert 22% on third down? When all of the WRs on the roster had a total of 77 yards. Have to score more than 16 points.  

It's funny how everything about that game seems to come down to one play, and yet you can name your own play: A receiver Smith didn't target, Fisher drawing the flag on the two-point conversion, a holding call on Morse that killed the first drive the offense didn't score on, Jah Reid's non-block on Bud Dupree that caused the interception, bad drops by multiple receivers, West's fumble, Fisher's whiff on James Harrison... those are just some of the offense's mistakes. The defense wasn't blameless, either.

i  dont hate smith. I hate that he's the QB of the Chiefs. We already been down this road before. it always ends the same.  Again, the 4 remaining QB's in the play offs are all future hall of famer's.    Its pretty much the same every damned year.  There is a reason for it.  You always have "exceptions" to the rule, but its the hardest possible way to win.

There is a reason why Tom Brady is always there at the end, there is ar eason why Peyton Manning was always there in the end, there is a reason why Ben Is always there in the end.   They are damned good QB's. Its hard to get them, but if you dont have them, its going to be really really damned hard to get there year in and year out.  We cant even make it out of the divisional round.  There is a reason why the media makes fun of the Chiefs. There is a reason why no other play off team arent scared of the Chiefs.  The Chiefs franchise is known for getting to the play offs and losing immediately.  The only playoff win we have had since the turn of the century came because we played the WORST starting playoff QB in the history of the NFL playoffs.   If he wasnt 1A he sure  was 1B.

Also, remember Reid dumped McNabb when he was 33 and had better stats then Alex at the time.

How can an offense get in rhythm and off the sideline when they covert 22% on third down? When all of the WRs on the roster had a total of 77 yards. Have to score more than 16 points.  

You charged the drops on would-be third down completions past the sticks against Smith.

Two of those failed third down conversions were followed by successful fourth down conversions. I'll bet you didn't adjust for that either. Better revise your math.

Oh, and the most important receiver for Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday evening? Tight end Jesse James.

Rhythm-breakers? How about the false start, holding penalty, and personal foul that took place before the Chiefs were a two-point conversion away from tying the game? Before another holding call.

You watch Smith with so much hate that you are blind to the good he does and blame him for things that are the fault of anyone but him. When any other attempt to explain what happened fails, you resort to the numbers, even though a deeper look at the numbers says you are wrong. Your math is broken, and you need some work in the film room.

#tropes

You charged the drops on would-be third down completions past the sticks against Smith.

Two of those failed third down conversions were followed by successful fourth down conversions. I'll bet you didn't adjust for that either. Better revise your math.

Oh, and the most important receiver for Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday evening? Tight end Jesse James.

Rhythm-breakers? How about the false start, holding penalty, and personal foul that took place before the Chiefs were a two-point conversion away from tying the game? Before another holding call.

You watch Smith with so much hate that you are blind to the good he does and blame him for things that are the fault of anyone but him. When any other attempt to explain what happened fails, you resort to the numbers, even though a deeper look at the numbers says you are wrong. Your math is broken, and you need some work in the film room.

#tropes

Damn dude you are out of control sensitive for this guy. I said the offense. Never mentioned your boy in that quote. I've said many times this last game wasn't all on him. I don't hate Alex Smith. When he's had really good games I've complemented him.  He's a good man who does amazing things with his foundation. I bet Alex would be extremely embarrassed by the excuses you throw out. Seriously, do you know him? Are you him? His wife? What's going on? If not, chill out he's just a football player on a pro team. 

Rhythm-breakers? How about the false start, holding penalty, and personal foul that took place before the Chiefs were a two-point conversion away from tying the game? Before another holding call.

You watch Smith with so much hate that you are blind to the good he does and blame him for things that are the fault of anyone but him. When any other attempt to explain what happened fails, you resort to the numbers, even though a deeper look at the numbers says you are wrong. Your math is broken, and you need some work in the film room.

#tropes

Where's the stat for the wide open guys he has missed ALL YEAR? He missed two for sure touchdowns Sunday.

Damn dude you are out of control sensitive for this guy. I said the offense. Never mentioned your boy in that quote. I've said many times this last game wasn't all on him. I don't hate Alex Smith. When he's had really good games I've complemented him.  He's a good man who does amazing things with his foundation. I bet Alex would be extremely embarrassed by the excuses you throw out. Seriously, do you know him? Are you him? His wife? What's going on? If not, chill out he's just a football player on a pro team. 

#flopping

'Alex Smith doesn't this', 'Alex Smith can't that', and then you write about the offense citing third down conversions and the wide receiver split. We all know who you are talking about. Please stop being disingenuous. Either Alex Smith is good enough, or he's not. You've been backed into a corner on this, and now you want to be able to squirm out of this. I normally don't like responding to you, but so many folks here are waffling on where the Chiefs really are based on some dumb, cherry-picked stats, and then you do the Internet equivalent of flopping by calling me out on mentioning Alex Smith 'when you didn't'.

#flopping

'Alex Smith doesn't this', 'Alex Smith can't that', and then you write about the offense citing third down conversions and the wide receiver split. We all know who you are talking about. Please stop being disingenuous. Either Alex Smith is good enough, or he's not. You've been backed into a corner on this, and now you want to be able to squirm out of this. I normally don't like responding to you, but so many folks here are waffling on where the Chiefs really are based on some dumb, cherry-picked stats, and then you do the Internet equivalent of flopping by calling me out on mentioning Alex Smith 'when you didn't'.

He's not. Better? Quit following me around and inserting Alex Smith in to posts that I make about the offense in general. Are you telling me I have to blame Alex for everything or I'm not genuine? I've said many times this game wasn't just on Alex. I've complemented him when he's played well. And the folks on here are knowledgeable enough to make up they're own minds about Smith or any other player. They don't need your obsession with Smith to help them with their "Waffling" Please scroll past my posts. Or get help. 

Many are demanding that we draft a franchise QB. No argument here. We know where we draft, who is your guy? It not really fair to wait and see who turns out and then say we could have drafted that guy.

I honestly don't know. Who will be there when we pick that is a franchise QB?

Many are demanding that we draft a franchise QB. No argument here. We know where we draft, who is your guy? It not really fair to wait and see who turns out and then say we could have drafted that guy.

I dont see a Franchise QB  in this class worth a first Rnd pick

And what prospect that proves to be worth something down the road would the Chiefs pass up to draft a quarterback that may never deserve to start in the National Football League?

I dont see a Franchise QB  in this class worth a first Rnd pick

I don't either.  If there ever was a year to retool and try to make a Super Bowl run for KC it's 2017...  I even think that KC should consider throwing Foles into the mix some, he led very good offenses for Philly before he landed in St. Louis.

I even think that KC should consider throwing Foles into the mix some, he led very good offenses for Philly before he landed in St. Louis.

Not outside of Chip Kelly's first year in the NFL. Mark Sanchez, the quarterback your team signed and then later released before the start of the 2016 season, looked as good as or better than Foles in 2014.

Beware of The Boost.

I didn't see one last year either. I can see why they went Jones. Hell the Broncos traded up to get a guy that couldn't beat out a scrub starter.

Paxon Lynch was never ready to start.

He had high stock and his coach was gone, so of course he left. A lot of people are not choosing to see that a massive amount of QB's are coming out now that aren't ready.

It's the nature of the draft anymore. Lots and lots of underclass.

Now that there isn't a big fat contract for going high in the first, they take the decent value earlier to get to that lucrative 2nd contract sooner.

Think think Foles has way Moe talent than Sanchez. You just need to protect Foles and he can light it up.

I haven't seen great protection, but pick up a good guard or tackle in the draft and get Ehinger back, we might be able to role with Foles. I think we break down in the middle which gives no where to run or step up if Fisher gets beat.

Archived