We swept the toughest division. There was blatantly something missing during the Pitt game: leadership. DJ is more than a player for this team. If he was in, we would have never seen such blown coverages & bad run defense.

If Jamaal & DJ both return, it won't matter whose at QB. This team will go all the way. DJ must return for just 1 more season

We have guys like Hali, Berry, Maclin, and Alex to be leaders...not to mention a ton of established non vets like Poe, Houston, Schwartz, fisher...the team is not lacking in that dept...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have guys like Hali, Berry, Maclin, and Alex to be leaders...not to mention a ton of established non vets like Poe, Houston, Schwartz, fisher...the team is not lacking in that dept...

I'm talking about actual gametime. The defense was lacking leadership on the field. Only player I saw that was being active was Houston

I'm talking about actual gametime. The defense was lacking leadership on the field. Only player I saw that was being active was Houston

Would you have seen him so active if he wasn't yelling at Travis Kelce?

Do you really think that it's been a leadership problem that had the Chiefs' inside linebacking corps constantly out of position to track the ball carrier?

Not outside of Chip Kelly's first year in the NFL. Mark Sanchez, the quarterback your team signed and then later released before the start of the 2016 season, looked as good as or better than Foles in 2014.

Beware of The Boost.

No he didn't lol...  Sanchez was OK, that's it.

It's all a crap shoot isn't it? The whole "franchise quarterback" dilemma? First of all you have to be in the right position to draft, then you have to find the right guy, he has to fit in the right system,...blah, blah, blah. A lot of teams are struggling right now with QB's who were drafted to be the franchise. 

How many truly great, franchise QBs have been drafted in the past say 5 year window prior to 2015? Not fair to make a determination on a QB until he has at least played in his 3rd year...IMO. Here's the list of 1st rounders during that time:

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Cam Newton

Jake Locker

Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin 

Ryan Tannehill

Branden Weeden

E J Manuel

Blake Bortles

Johnny Manziel

Teddy Bridgewater

Let's distinguish between QB's that have had some level of success and those that truly have the skill set to lead a team to playoff runs on a consistent basis... I see two names on that list that stand out. Newton and Luck. You can't just draft a QB because he grades out at a first round level and automatically assume he will become the next Peyton Manning. But you can't get a franchise QB if you aren't at least efforting to draft one. That is the dilemma!! Chiefs have never been willing to take shots on drafting a QBOTF....don't see it changing anytime soon.

The last 1st round QB to win a Super Bowl was Flacco drafted 9 years ago. Then Eli and Ben drafted 13 years ago. Then Peyton drafted 19 years ago. That's 4 first rounders in 20 years. Only only 2 that didn't ride a dominate dense to a championship.

Just saying, that is a lot of crap with 2 hits over twenty years. I may have missed one, but there are few names on the list I would take over Smith. I am not happy with Smith and all for an upgrade, but who?

The last 1st round QB to win a Super Bowl was Flacco drafted 9 years ago. Then Eli and Ben drafted 13 years ago. Then Peyton drafted 19 years ago. That's 4 first rounders in 20 years. Only only 2 that didn't ride a dominate dense to a championship.

Just saying, that is a lot of crap with 2 hits over twenty years. I may have missed one, but there are few names on the list I would take over Smith. I am not happy with Smith and all for an upgrade, but who?

You skipped Aaron Rodgers, who is the only quarterback in the 21st century that was drafted in the first round and beat a team that scored more than 24 points in a non-blackout Super Bowl.

The aforementioned asterisk for the Joe Flacco win (which should have been a blowout after the Ravens' defense opened with a dominating performace) leaves both Mannings without a Super Bowl win where the opponent scored more than 17 points. It's nice to have a defense.

What do you guys think of Bradford?  I don't like the guy.  His stats were good this year but the games I watched he was brutal.

If Teddy B comes back healthy, Bradford could be had.

w

I thought about him  a few years ago when he could of been had on the Cheap..but now after watching him I dont see much up side ..no thanks

You skipped Aaron Rodgers, who is the only quarterback in the 21st century that was drafted in the first round and beat a team that scored more than 24 points in a non-blackout Super Bowl.

The aforementioned asterisk for the Joe Flacco win (which should have been a blowout after the Ravens' defense opened with a dominating performace) leaves both Mannings without a Super Bowl win where the opponent scored more than 17 points. It's nice to have a defense.

Good call on Rogers. I knew I missed someone. I have never thought Flacco or Eli were that special.

Good call on Rogers. I knew I missed someone. I have never thought Flacco or Eli were that special.

In the playoffs during their Super Bowl winning years:

Manning 9 TDs 1 INT and averaged 305 yards/game.

Flacco 11 TDS 0 INT and averaged 285 yards/game. 

Both started as Wild Cards.

I'll await the spin.

In the playoffs during their Super Bowl winning years:

Manning 9 TDs 1 INT and averaged 305 yards/game.

Flacco 11 TDS 0 INT and averaged 285 yards/game.

Both started as Wild Cards.

I'll await the spin.

No spin. I am not saying they haven't had some good games (and some very good defenses), I am saying they are not elite.

Manning ha a 3-2 TD-INT ratio and averages 240 yards per game. 60% completions. That is not bad. Not saying it is. I am saying that in Cleaveland or Ajax he probably wouldn't have sniffed a SB. Brady, Peyton and Rogers may have changed those teams. That's what I am calling elite.

No doubt, they a pretty good QBs.

Archived