Put myself through a re-watch

Eric Fisher was awful. That sack he allowed to Harrison killed a drive. He didn't even get a hand on him.

Ware didn't deserve all the criticism I gave him. When there was an actual hole he shot through and ran someone over a couple times.

Conley has a lot of work to do.

Hill ran some bad routes. Kelce was open a lot.

Ramik Wilson did his part. Dude played great.

Poe was gobbled up. Matter of fact he was on his freaking back multiple times. He can walk.

Justin Houston looked fine. He was never in a posistion to attack the qb with the run attack of Pitt.

Sign Mitchell now. Marcus peters is a star. Brown did zero second half.

Play foles next year and draft a guard.

Why the hill did we activists MARCH?!

Hill beat coverage twice, but Smith didn't locate him. Both may have been touchdowns. There was plenty of blame to be passed around. Fulton is bad. Fisher had his hat handed to him more than once. Kelce should have caught a pass, but the throw was not on target. He may have scored, had he brought that pass in.

The defense held Pittsburgh to 6 field goals, some of which were fairly long. Poe was unable to keep up. Had the Chiefs had Bailey or Howard, the Steelers' rush attack would have been stopped. Smith was under assault, and that was the primary reason he did not see the field. The throw that Ware missed was errant, but he should have pulled it in. Conley needs to learn to not leap on the sidelines. The defender merely  pushed him out of bounds, which is now legal. On the sidelines, you do not leave your feet to catch a pass.

The attacks against Alex Smith are unfair, but he is being paid a lot of money, so he should be able to handle the flack. The Steelers controlled the game on the ground. The time of possession factor was in favor of the Steelers 34:13 to 25:47, and it wasn't nearly that close in the first half. KC had two turnovers to Pittsburgh's one. The third down efficiency was horrible for the Chiefs (2-9), while the Steelers converted nearly half of their third down attempts (7-15). If you  looked merely at the statistics, you might have assumed it was not close. The Chiefs only kept it close by scoring 2/2 in the red zone, while blanking out the Steelers on 4 attempts.

The biggest difference seemed to be the Steelers were primed, and ready to go, while the Chiefs were never quite in sync.

Eric Fisher was awful. That sack he allowed to Harrison killed a drive. He didn't even get a hand on him.

Ware didn't deserve all the criticism I gave him. When there was an actual hole he shot through and ran someone over a couple times.

Conley has a lot of work to do.

Hill ran some bad routes. Kelce was open a lot.

Ramik Wilson did his part. Dude played great.

Poe was gobbled up. Matter of fact he was on his freaking back multiple times. He can walk.

Justin Houston looked fine. He was never in a posistion to attack the qb with the run attack of Pitt.

Sign Mitchell now. Marcus peters is a star. Brown did zero second half.

Play foles next year and draft a guard.

Why the hill did we activists MARCH?!

Let Foles walk and draft a QB and let him go. Foles is walking down the same retread path which isn't the moSt proven path to get a franchise guy for the next decade.

Let Foles walk and draft a QB and let him go. Foles is walking down the same retread path which isn't the moSt proven path to get a franchise guy for the next decade.

Sorry, I meant I'd rather see foles than the smith show. While we find,

Draft, or trade for a qb.

Hill beat coverage twice, but Smith didn't locate him. Both may have been touchdowns. There was plenty of blame to be passed around. Fulton is bad. Fisher had his hat handed to him more than once. Kelce should have caught a pass, but the throw was not on target. He may have scored, had he brought that pass in.

The defense held Pittsburgh to 6 field goals, some of which were fairly long. Poe was unable to keep up. Had the Chiefs had Bailey or Howard, the Steelers' rush attack would have been stopped. Smith was under assault, and that was the primary reason he did not see the field. The throw that Ware missed was errant, but he should have pulled it in. Conley needs to learn to not leap on the sidelines. The defender merely  pushed him out of bounds, which is now legal. On the sidelines, you do not leave your feet to catch a pass.

The attacks against Alex Smith are unfair, but he is being paid a lot of money, so he should be able to handle the flack. The Steelers controlled the game on the ground. The time of possession factor was in favor of the Steelers 34:13 to 25:47, and it wasn't nearly that close in the first half. KC had two turnovers to Pittsburgh's one. The third down efficiency was horrible for the Chiefs (2-9), while the Steelers converted nearly half of their third down attempts (7-15). If you  looked merely at the statistics, you might have assumed it was not close. The Chiefs only kept it close by scoring 2/2 in the red zone, while blanking out the Steelers on 4 attempts.

The biggest difference seemed to be the Steelers were primed, and ready to go, while the Chiefs were never quite in sync.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/16/14290670/tyreek-hill-burned-steelers-secondary-alex-smith-chiefs-oh-dear

These are the two throws Smith missed. Both are TD's the first one as defininte nobody tracked Hill. Foles, would not miss those deep balls. He's a deep ball artist. We have too many weapons to not throw the ball deep. Maclin, Hill, Conley, Kelce that's crazy.

LeVeon Bell runs for 177 yards.  Hard to say if most of it was between the tackles because he darts in and out of holes.   We did not play well enough to win.  

Anyone who watched Green Bay/Dallas pretty easily can see how two championship caliber football teams play the game. 

LeVeon Bell runs for 177 yards.  Hard to say if most of it was between the tackles because he darts in and out of holes.   We did not play well enough to win.  

Anyone who watched Green Bay/Dallas pretty easily can see how two championship caliber football teams play the game. 

Our game was just an afterthought seeing Rodgers duke it out with Prescott. Ryan, lighting it up the previous day.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/16/14290670/tyreek-hill-burned-steelers-secondary-alex-smith-chiefs-oh-dear

These are the two throws Smith missed. Both are TD's the first one as defininte nobody tracked Hill. Foles, would not miss those deep balls. He's a deep ball artist. We have too many weapons to not throw the ball deep. Maclin, Hill, Conley, Kelce that's crazy.

There is no excuse for that first play. The rush was didn't even get close to him before he bailed. Even if he didn't see Hill, after #97 chucked Kelce and took off after Smith. Kelce is WIDE open. Hell, even Poe could've completed that one.

...against underperforming defenses.

The Packers game should have gone to overtime. It even could have ended before then if Mason Crosby misses the 56-yard field goal.

Aaron Rodgers played a great game. Dak Prescott was Dak Prescott. Neither team's defense showed up.

YOu mean teams who both scored over 30 points?   Their defenses sucked too, but someone had to win and the better QB won again.

As much as I wanted Smith to play better and think we should look for the best player in the draft including QB, he did find Harris for the two-point conversion. It isn't his fault the refs called a hold that had no effect on the play (yes, he had blame elsewhere in the game).

While if wouldn't make Smith a better QB than he is, we could be preparing for New England with that 2 PT conversion he executed. We'd be looking at that conversion and a Santos kick as a great memory, living another day.

Alas, it's not to be. The other parts of the game we, including Smith, messed up kept us out of the AFCC. One better play would have done it.

I'm sick of talking about this game. How many other playoff quarterbacks in the last five years had to play against a top-end defense while coping with 55 yards in offensive penalties by his teammates, a fumble by a receiver, a low-quality performance by the offensive line, and receiver drops, and have only nine possessions to get all of the needed scoring done?

Sanity has gone out the window here if anyone believes that Smith is even a tertiary reason why the Chiefs sit at home this week.

As much as I wanted Smith to play better and think we should look for the best player in the draft including QB, he did find Harris for the two-point conversion. It isn't his fault the refs called a hold that had no effect on the play (yes, he had blame elsewhere in the game).

While if wouldn't make Smith a better QB than he is, we could be preparing for New England with that 2 PT conversion he executed. We'd be looking at that conversion and a Santos kick as a great memory, living another day.

Alas, it's not to be. The other parts of the game we, including Smith, messed up kept us out of the AFCC. One better play would have done it.

We had a second chance for a 2 point conversion. Some teams, Some QBs rise to the occasion. Some don't. We scored 16 points. Generally have to score more to win. Some like to point out Smith's winning % as a Chief. We're 1-3 with him in the playoffs. Time to move on. He's had 4 years. 

There is a lot of blame to go around. Smith deserves some, but I don't think they lost because of him.

The oline couldn't run block. We couldn't stop the run. Kept them from scoring 6, but let them have too many long drives. Poor, poor tackling.

I don't have a definitive answer. Smith's time is about to run out in KC, regardless if our playoff ineptness is his fault, or everyone else's, as you claim.

This franchise is just cursed.

We had a second chance for a 2 point conversion. Some teams, Some QBs rise to the occasion. Some don't. We scored 16 points. Generally have to score more to win. Some like to point out Smith's winning % as a Chief. We're 1-3 with him in the playoffs. Time to move on. He's had 4 years.

I twice blamed him in my post and said we should look at QB in the draft. I was saying how he rose to the occasion once but failed otherwise. Others failed him, too. Nothing wrong with spreading blame, noting good and bad play, context.

Smith will get a contract extension, but it will be CAP friendly. It should be tied to incentives. Smith does not fit neatly into most every offense. He does fit in KC's, and would be a good person to groom the next guy up. If Matt Cassel can get paid $2 M to be a lousy back up, Smith deserves something.

I would tack on 3 years (w/o guaranteed money), then I would convert his roster bonus, and workout bonus for the next two years into a signing bonus. The three years would match what he will make in 2017, and be loaded with additional incentives (based on performance).

That move will decrease Alex Smith's CAP numbers in 2017, and 2018, and allow the Chiefs to release or trade him later. There is no viable option for the Chiefs to draft a QB, and start him.

Smith will get a contract extension, but it will be CAP friendly. It should be tied to incentives. Smith does not fit neatly into most every offense. He does fit in KC's, and would be a good person to groom the next guy up. If Matt Cassel can get paid $2 M to be a lousy back up, Smith deserves something.

I would tack on 3 years (w/o guaranteed money), then I would convert his roster bonus, and workout bonus for the next two years into a signing bonus. The three years would match what he will make in 2017, and be loaded with additional incentives (based on performance).

That move will decrease Alex Smith's CAP numbers in 2017, and 2018, and allow the Chiefs to release or trade him later. There is no viable option for the Chiefs to draft a QB, and start him.

I don't think Alex should groom Any future qb in anything other than professionalism. He's a great teammate and leader but we don't need a future check downer.

excuse me but the steelers had plenty of time  and 3 time outs. Unless the chiefs just layed down and gave the Steelers a quick TD there was no chance that the Chiefs had enough time to respond in kind barring a Hill run back and the way the Steelers ST were playing that looked doubtful.. enough with the Pie in the Sky, stuff ok?

excuse me but the steelers had plenty of time and 3 time outs. Unless the chiefs just layed down and gave the Steelers a quick TD there was no chance that the Chiefs had enough time to respond in kind barring a Hill run back and the way the Steelers ST were playing that looked doubtful.. enough with the Pie in the Sky, stuff ok?

We just lost our season, I'm not giving up my pie in the sky, too. In fact, that is how I rationalized the penalty by thinking that they were going to get a field goal in regulation or we'd lose the coin toss score and they'd score touchdown in overtime, but I thought that was unfair to the defense. Maybe the touchdown was unfair to assume, but the field-goal was more likely.

But I'm keeping my pie in the sky. It only works backwards not forward.

Archived