Put myself through a re-watch

I twice blamed him in my post and said we should look at QB in the draft. I was saying how he rose to the occasion once but failed otherwise. Others failed him, too. Nothing wrong with spreading blame, noting good and bad play, context.

the steelers WR's dropped some passes too. IT was cold, passes dropped were going to happen.  Its just funny how most of the time the elite QB's just find a way to win.  

Dallas-Green Bay game is a good example.  Both teams defenses sucked  that day but when the clock hit 0:00 the Future Hall of Famer somehow came out on top.   You either have a legit QB or you are just playing for nothing in the post season.  Like always, there are exceptions to the rule, but EVERYTHING has to fall perfectly for that to happen.

You keep pressing on this but I do not remember Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Roethlesrapist, Rivers, or Brees being available to the Chiefs at any time.

Did I miss something there?  Alex Smith was the best Alternative at the time, and he apparently remains the best alternative today until Dorsey finds someone better.

KC got Foles for nothing....good move....as he could be better.  We just do not know yet. He should get a shot this year.

KC Drafted Kevin Hogan last year.... FAIL. 

Of course, the Chiefs and 30 other team SHOULD have taken Dak Prescott....but that was not easily apparent or he would have gone #1 overall.

Before Dorsey and Reid we had Matt Cassell, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Brodie Croyle and Kyle Orton if my memory serves me...OUCH.

Not a single person here would not rather have a Franchise QB....that is obvious.

What is not obvious is how to get that guy.

w

You keep pressing on this but I do not remember Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Roethlesrapist, Rivers, or Brees being available to the Chiefs at any time.

Did I miss something there?  Alex Smith was the best Alternative at the time, and he apparently remains the best alternative today until Dorsey finds someone better.

KC got Foles for nothing....good move....as he could be better.  We just do not know yet. He should get a shot this year.

Of course, the Chiefs and 30 other team SHOULD have taken Dak Prescott....but that was not easily apparent or he would have gone #1 overall.

Before Dorsey and Reid we had Matt Cassell, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Brodie Croyle and Kyle Orton if my memory serves me...OUCH.

Not a single person here would not rather have a Franchise QB....that is obvious.

w

We always say that though, he was the best alternative at the time.     Lets just draft a guy and take our lumps. We are just wasting a talented roster yet again.

because thinking that was absolves the Chiefs for all the miss's before hand especially  getting Trent and passing up Breese twice because of him

Hogan was that guy and we took our lumps....also got Foles.

You really have no solutions, just a general "we gotta do better?"

w

Just keep drafting qb's until we hit. Also, i would like to see the Chiefs grow a set and trade up once in awhile in the draft for the sure things. There always a few players that are can't misses.

As for the rest of this discussion,

Romo- not even that Dallas line could keep him healthy.

Rivers- I think he would win a Super Bowl with our talent

Brees- what is he? 50 years old? No thanks

None of the above will happen. I'd rather play foles and draft a qb.

Can someone please tell me why everyone thinks Rivers is this great QB?????  Didn't he like throw 50 INT's this year.  SD has not been good for years, yes, they are talentless, but still, a good QB raises his teams level of play.   I think Rivers is a cry baby bitch, and he is one player I would actually disown the Chiefs for if they traded anything of value for him. 

w

They had a shot to draft Aaron Rodgers and took DJ. DJ has been a great player, but man what a miss.

Everybody wants a franchise QB, but nobody wants to take the risk. There's never going to be a Luck that's going to fall in their laps..or a Peyton Manning. I've heard every excuse to not draft one high.

People were spooked because Rodgers came from a gimmicky offense. You gotta roll the dice eventually, or be willing to settle for being a 2nd rate Franchise.

The last great QB to hit FA in a long time was Brees and there was high risk that his throwing shoulder would never be the same again.

Oh KC rolls the dice....They just don't roll very well.

We have drafted plenty of QB's and we fail at a rate that makes Cleveland feel good.

My posts are in response the the "We Gotta Get a Franchise QB!!" screaming.

Great, if its that easy....tell us the plan.

Bottom line, Luck ( no pun intended) is required.

w

Bottom line, Luck ( no pun intended) is required.

It is possible that ten years down the road, no one will get that pun. The Colts haven't made much advancement since 2012, and while a lot of that isn't on Luck, the murmuring about his legacy and the expectations that come with being the anointed and an automatic first-overall draft pick are going to start picking up with every coming season.

Archived