QB Prospects for 2017 Draft

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people that forced him out (Baalke, Harbaugh) are gone.  His family loves the area.

I think he'd return.

They cannot find a coach who will take the job there. The team has serious issues.

However, I would trade Alex Smith for $5 M cash, a 2nd, and 3rd in 2017, 2nd in 2018, 3rd in 2019, and Vance McDonald (after renegotiating his contract to league minimum).

They cannot find a coach who will take the job there. The team has serious issues.

However, I would trade Alex Smith for $5 M cash, a 2nd, and 3rd in 2017, 2nd in 2018, 3rd in 2019, and Vance McDonald (after renegotiating his contract to league minimum).

And some McDonalds fries and a shake.

McNabb's final year with the Eagles in 2009:

60.3 Completion %

3,553 Yards

22 TDs

10 INTs       

92.9 QBR

Smith's 2016 season:

67.1 Completion %

3,502 Yards

15 TDs

8 INTS

91.2 QBR

thanks for making my point..Smith's adios is not uncharacteristic of Reid when he thinks there is an alternative in the  waiting

The lack of cap space available to the Chiefs will make the acquisition of someone like Tony Romo or Tyrod Taylor highly unlikely,

and the pursuit of cheaper options like Mike Glennon (Tampa Bay), Matt Barkley (Chicago) or Landry Jones (Pittsburgh) comes

with similar uncertainty as a high draft pick, but at a possibly higher monetary cost.

Glennon, Barkley or Jones :wacko: :(

geez if those are the options just keep Alex and draft someone like Mahomes

Dak Prescott was not a complete unknown. Despite playing behind a deficient OL, Dak maintained a 146.0 passer rating over four years at Mississippi State. The biggest difference for Dak is he went from playing behind a mediocre offensive line to playing behind one of the best in the NFL. I thought Dak would be a good player to take in the draft. He got arrested for DUI before the draft, and that tarnished his image.

The Chiefs took Demarcus Robinson, Eric Murray, Parker Ehinger, and KeiVare Russell before where I had Prescott going in the draft. Of course, Dallas, and every other team did too. Dallas picked Prescott with a compensatory pick in the 4th round.

Gruden's Camp 

Emory Hunt  

I actually overlooked one name on this list:

Patrick Mahomes.  If he is available after the first round I would grab him.  Watched that dude play a lot, he runs too much but he has a good arm, is really mobile, and is accurate.  But most importantly, he carried that team on his back and made plays all season long.

I actually overlooked one name on this list:

Patrick Mahomes.  If he is available after the first round I would grab him.  Watched that dude play a lot, he runs too much but he has a good arm, is really mobile, and is accurate.  But most importantly, he carried that team on his back and made plays all season long.

he probably will be available, which means the chiefs won't pick him...they will hope he is available in the 2nd round (it's what we do)

The Chiefs had better forget about a QB in the first round this year.  Maybe Trubisky, but he'll be gone before #27 and he's not worth trading up for.  I could live with Foles, Bray, and new guy.  The Chiefs need a run stopping ILB and a "can't miss" OG enough that they can't afford to waste a top pick unless the QB has great odds to make it as a starter.

The Chiefs had better forget about a QB in the first round this year.  Maybe Trubisky, but he'll be gone before #27 and he's not worth trading up for.  I could live with Foles, Bray, and new guy.  The Chiefs need a run stopping ILB and a "can't miss" OG enough that they can't afford to waste a top pick unless the QB has great odds to make it as a starter.

That kind of thinking has lead us to not drafting a QBOTF  for almmost 30 years. IF they like him in round 1, then better fucking draft him.   This is a talented roster, it needs a QB that will take charge and throw downfield when the WR's are open. They need a QB that can take a game over. 

We always draft the linebacker, the CB, the offensive line, the safety. its time to draft THE QB.

What are the chances that a rookie QB could beat out either Smith or Foles this season and help you guys win a Super Bowl?  KC isn't that far from the top, a few players here or there might put them over the hump.  I would concentrate on keeping the players you need and improving the areas you realistically can...

You're vastly discounting that the Chiefs are never going to reach the Super Bowl with Nick Foles or Alex Smith. Ever.

You're building for a myth. With that said, don't force something that just isn't there by taking a QB just so you can say you drafted a QB.

If you find a prospect that projects well and the value is right than yes do it.

Also, Nick Foles won't be back in 2017 unless Alex is sent packing.

You're vastly discounting that the Chiefs are never going to reach the Super Bowl with Nick Foles or Alex Smith. Ever.

You're building for a myth. With that said, don't force something that just isn't there by taking a QB just so you can say you drafted a QB.

If you find a prospect that projects well and the value is right than yes do it.

Also, Nick Foles won't be back in 2017 unless Alex is sent packing.

Good. Send him packing.

When Smith is still here following free agency and Andy Reid's actions show that he's still behind Alex Smith, I'll be around to say, "I told you so." The same as it always is.

Yep, and I'll be here to say this team will do what it has during his tenure which is not go to a Super Bowl. This team will continue to do what they have for 40+ years because they choose guys like Alex. Fly the flag of "we made it to the playoffs"

When he came here I told everyone this would happen. He fits the mold of the KC qb. Average at best.

You are so delusional about Alex's talent. You are the only person on earth who thinks this guy has what it takes. I can't believe how you try to put Alex in a catagory with the elites. I don't even think you are a human. I think you are a computer or something who can't see the guy on the field. It's a good thing you don't need a key before logging in here first. Not a single professional media person or player, or former player, thinks this guy has what it takes.

But hey, congrats to you on being right about him being here again. Can't wait for another year of almost.

Not a single professional media person or player, or former player, thinks this guy has what it takes.

The sad thing is that you actually believe people in the media say what they really think, whether regarding sports or otherwise.

Why do you think independent thinkers are so difficult to find?

The sad thing is that you actually believe people in the media say what they really think, whether regarding sports or otherwise.

Why do you think independent thinkers are so difficult to find?

But it's ok for you to reference writers just a few hours ago in another thread? Bay Area writers said it was a mistake to trade Alex???... something of that nature you said..

Lol, it's ok for you? Genius.

Man, you are something else...

Archived