2017 NFL Draft: Chiefs Have the 27th Overall Pick

With the Kansas City Chiefs’ 2016 season officially coming to an end Sunday night after their 18-16 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the divisional round of the AFC playoffs, the draft positions for the Chiefs and the other three teams that lost in the divisional round are now officially set.

The Chiefs will have the 27th overall selection in the first round of this year’s draft, which will take place April 27-29 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The Houston Texans (No. 25), Seattle Seahawks (No. 26) and Dallas Cowboys (No. 28) all had their draft positions solidified after this past weekend’s games as well.

The Chiefs will head into this offseason preparing for free agency and the draft coming off a 12-4 season that saw them win their first AFC West championship since 2010.

Of the 53 players on the active roster at the conclusion of this season, 21 of them were drafted by general manager John Dorsey and his staff, including three of the team’s four All-Pros this season (Travis Kelce-2013, Marcus Peters-2015 and Tyreek Hill-2016).

Here’s a look at all of the 27th overall picks since 1967:

The formatting sucked so click the link to see the list.   Interesting list.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/2017-NFL-Draft-Chiefs-Have-the-27th-Overall-Pick/32f5ad13-feeb-44b3-a944-db2428939320?sf51398197=1

Rae Carruth was a killer WR.

I would take Deandre Hopkins.

There are lots of talented guys who fall that low. The catch is to find them. I have more confidence in Dorsey than I did with either Pioli or Peterson (post Schottenheimer).

Charles Harris, Zach Cunningham, or Reuben Foster. I think we're solid on the D-Line once Bailey and Howard return.

Harris should be a decent 3-4 OLB at the next level. Cunningham will likely go much earlier, but he may be the best ILB in the draft. Reuben Foster is the only possible exception. Both will go in the top 15 of the draft.

I would like to trade out of 27 with Cleveland. Our 27 and 59 for their 33, 52, and 188.

#33 TE Bucky Hodges

#52  ILB Anthony Walker, Jr. (trade up with Arizona to 43 for our 52 plus Zach Fulton, and Demarcus Robinson) plus their 156

#91  OG Nico Siragusa

#104 SILB  Ryan Anderson

#131 OG  Forest Lamp

#156 QB  Brady Gustafson

#172 LB  Jalen Reeves-Maybin

#188 LB  Vince Biegel

#217 NT  DeAngelo Brown

#219 WR Ricky Seals-Jones

#248 RB  DeAngelo Henderson

There are lots of talented guys who fall that low. The catch is to find them. I have more confidence in Dorsey than I did with either Pioli or Peterson (post Schottenheimer).

1 Million dollar question.

Will Dorsey sign an extension??  He is up as of now.  

1 Million dollar question.

Will Dorsey sign an extension??  He is up as of now.  

just a gut feeling but I think he's on his way to GB. Ballard I heard took the Red Eye to SF for an interview..if the Chiefs lose both the downward spiral  is inevitable IMO

Clark has to convince his other siblings, but they have deep pockets. No one should argue with his success.

Clark's success with the Chiefs? Maybe in his wallet but not on the field. We have one wild card win over Brian Hoyer since 1728. As far as business success I'm sure he does well. Football? He hasn't even sniffed it.

Clark's success with the Chiefs? Maybe in his wallet but not on the field. We have one wild card win over Brian Hoyer since 1728. As far as business success I'm sure he does well. Football? He hasn't even sniffed it.

OK that's just dumb. He hired the best GM candidate out there... twice. One worked out, the other didn't. And he learned from his mistake the first time and went to a new power structure that's now becoming more and more popular.

Far as I know Clark doesn't actually play the game. He lets his football guys do their job. I don't want a Jerry Jones in charge.

OK that's just dumb. He hired the best GM candidate out there... twice. One worked out, the other didn't. And he learned from his mistake the first time and went to a new power structure that's now becoming more and more popular.

Far as I know Clark doesn't actually play the game. He lets his football guys do their job. I don't want a Jerry Jones in charge.

Simply said he hasn't had success with the football team he owns. It's kind of a fact.

Archived