Chiefs 2017 Free Agents

I can see the chiefs parting with Poe

Davis and Wilson can go and i won't shed a tear

The Kansas City Chiefs have a few free agents to think about. The big ones are the ones you already know about: Eric Berry and Dontari Poe.

Those are pretty much the only “big” free agents for the Chiefs to worry about this year. But they are indeed big. 

Let’s look at this year’s crop of free agents (the list comes via Over The Cap):

S Eric Berry: It’s not quite Justin Houston’s 22 sacks in a contract year but it’s close. The Chiefs will have to overpay because 

they can’t let Berry walk. He has them here.

NT Dontari Poe: Good player who does a lot but where do the Chiefs draw the line on spending on their defensive stars?

I could argue the writing is on the wall here with the Chiefs drafting Chris Jones and signing Jaye Howard to a two-year deal last season.

DE Kendall Reyes: They picked him up midseason so he should be cheap or replaceable. I did like what he brought to the table in a depth role.

OL Mike Person: I don’t think he played at all in KC.  (WHO???)

DE Jarvis Jenkins: Similar to Reyes above. He brought some nice depth.

RB Knile Davis: His time in Kansas City has come to an end.

S Daniel Sorensen (RFA): Restricted free agent means the Chiefs control his rights. And they should absolutely bring Sorensen back.

He’s the type of depth that has made this team so improved in the past couple of years.

WR Albert Wilson (RFA): 31 catches for 279 yards and two touchdowns last season (not to mention his fake punt touchdown).

Because the Chiefs control his rights, I could see them bringing him back until they find someone better.

K Cairo Santos (RFA): Same as Sorensen. He should come back.

RFA means the player would likely not cost much to be signed. Albert Wilson, Daniel Sorensen, and Cairo Santos will be brought back. I know Wilkie despises Albert Wilson, but he is improving. His first season, he did much better than one would expect for a UFA. He's a bright kid with good skills. He needs a little more tutoring. He'll be fine. Glad some of you guys aren't the GM. Dorsey is doing a fine job. I'll let him continue to do it.

Archived