Don't you get it we're a better road team.

no what I get is you have no basis to say what you did.. the Pats just beat a team that beat the Chiefs twice away & at home. The Chiefs failed to do what it took to play the Pats so you have no evidence to support your claims

I saw a Steelers team that played without the intensity it showed a week ago. The Patriots, on the other hand, played with the intensity they didn't when the Texans came to New England.

You can have the coach, the quarterback, and the supporting cast, but if there is no intensity, you give up ground in the trenches. That's where the Chiefs lost last week, and where the Patriots lost this week.

The Patriots have one of the best rosters in the league coached by one of the best staffs in the league. It would have been a tough game for the Chiefs.

I believe the Chiefs would have lost also. Had they beat the Steelers, and made it to the Championship game,  I would have thought differently and been surprised when they lost. After watching what the Patriots did to the Steelers, I realize that once again I underestimated them and Belichick. 

I think what some of these coaches have to realize is you can't coach by just emotion. You have to study and coach players to the opponent you're playing. 

Chiefs would have had to have played their best game of the season to beat the Pats.

My biggest issue with Reid is that he does not have this team prepared week in and week out.  The Chiefs win plenty of regular season games by the skin of their teeth.....but they do not play with consistent intensity week in and week out.  They make stupid mistakes, miss blocks, Miss Wide Open Receivers and then drop more balls than I can count....Just  a flat out lack of intensity.  You could even argue a lack of professionalize ( Peters kicking a ball in the Stands, Kelce doing all sorts of dumb shit..)

This really matters in the playoffs because all the team are pretty good.

It matters even more when you get deep in the playoffs.

This is our biggest problem and Reid needs to FIX IT. He does not have a track record that is positive in this regard.

w

Chiefs would have had to have played their best game of the season to beat the Pats.

My biggest issue with Reid is that he does not have this team prepared week in and week out.  The Chiefs win plenty of regular season games by the skin of their teeth.....but they do not play with consistent intensity week in and week out.  They make stupid mistakes, miss blocks, Miss Wide Open Receivers and then drop more balls than I can count....Just  a flat out lack of intensity.  You could even argue a lack of professionalize ( Peters kicking a ball in the Stands, Kelce doing all sorts of dumb shit..)

This really matters in the playoffs because all the team are pretty good.

It matters even more when you get deep in the playoffs.

This is our biggest problem and Reid needs to FIX IT. He does not have a track record that is positive in this regard.

w

Personally, I think we match up better with them schematically. That is because we play a ton of man-man defense. Brady, was shredding that Pitt zone last night. On the other hand Alex Smith struggles against Zone defenses because it takes away his scrambling ability and forces him to read through his options. He needs to be able to look away coverage to manipulate  the zone.

Personally, I think we match up better with them schematically. That is because we play a ton of man-man defense. Brady, was shredding that Pitt zone last night. On the other hand Alex Smith struggles against Zone defenses because it takes away his scrambling ability and forces him to read through his options. He needs to be able to look away coverage to manipulate  the zone.

Smith had no problems hitting Wilson and Kelce in the hands. Smith wasn't looking to run.

Smith had no problems hitting Wilson and Kelce in the hands. Smith wasn't looking to run.

We stopped calling throws down the field. Remember the first drive when Smith hit Kelce on the crossing route. That play was designed for him to look off the zone coverage, which Smith did and made a large completion down the field. Reid, stopped calling those plays. We immediately reverted back to bubble screens which didn't work the first time against Pitt - their D is too fast...unbelievable.

We stopped calling throws down the field. Remember the first drive when Smith hit Kelce on the crossing route. That play was designed for him to look off the zone coverage, which Smith did and made a large completion down the field. Reid, stopped calling those plays. We immediately reverted back to bubble screens which didn't work the first time against Pitt - their D is too fast...unbelievable.

You remembered it differently than I did, so I went back and checked: Smith took two shots deeper than 15 yards in the first half, and eight deeper than 15 yards in the second half.

Archived