Something Has To Change

Ah fuck it. I'll not ignore you one last time.  I don't even give a fuck if I get banned. Banning sprees are the reason this board fell apart to begin with.

Maybe the problem is Alex Smith cockslobberin' fucks like you apologizing for him and giving this goddamned franchise another reason to continue their exercise in futility over and over again. It's people like you that are the fucking problem. Never expect more if you don't ask for more. Pathetic. Go back to San Francisco. Wash someone's nuts over there. 

:lol:  might I suggest De Caf. Other than that profanity laden tirade I do agree with much of what you say

I think it is an deep seeded culture that may be impossible to change and what I mean by that is this. I think Wilkie, Bil & Jet may agree. Back in the olden days and the Chiefs started getting old, Hank was on his last leg people started  talking about radical moves. I was young but I remember my dad and others his age talking about it.  Of course Lamar's radical move was to start the AFL and move the Texans to KC. The AFL still being new and KC being  the small market it was(back then it was very small) the fans were just glad to have a team, we were dominate good while so everybody  including the newspapers were hesitant to come down on the Chiefs being scared they'd move..of course that generation is very old or dead but Clark is certainly has some of his dad's dna in all this  and the city  always seems to have an underlying  fear the Chiefs might or could move .. I think that is part of the problem., Now recently we have seen the fan revolt on Pioli so maybe we are coming out of it all. Andy is not old but he sure seems old. This is just my opinion but I think if  Pioli was given the door and Haley was allowed to coach with a younger GM that wanted to try new things..we'd be singing a different tune.  just my 2 cents

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah fuck it. I'll not ignore you one last time. I don't even give a fuck if I get banned. Banning sprees are the reason this board fell apart to begin with.

Maybe the problem is Alex Smith cockslobberin' fucks like you apologizing for him and giving this goddamned franchise another reason to continue their exercise in futility over and over again. It's people like you that are the fucking problem. Never expect more if you don't ask for more. Pathetic. Go back to San Francisco. Wash someone's nuts over there.

Well done. Absolutely spot on. I'll join you on the banned list. Alex smith is like every other qb this franchise sees as the answer. He's absolutely average in EVERY way. And KC will Continue their average streak.

Do you know what the difference between you and I is? Well, yeah, there's decorum. There's also this:

You wish NFL teams listened to their fans' hot takes on what to do next. I don't. Quite frankly, the guys who are truly football people wouldn't waste their time on fanboards like this one.

No, you retarded motherfucking piece of Alex-wagon shit, I wish the Chiefs did like other quality teams and would strive to find an upper echelon QB. You can go back to sucking off your boy again. Get a fucking clue little boy. TigerUppercut on 2 separate forums, what a treat. You should have been trashed long ago on both. You're not a fan, you're a troll and nothing but scum. 

No, you retarded motherfucking piece of Alex-wagon shit, I wish the Chiefs did like other quality teams and would strive to find an upper echelon QB. You can go back to sucking off your boy again. Get a fucking clue little boy. TigerUppercut on 2 separate forums, what a treat. You should have been trashed long ago on both. You're not a fan, you're a troll and nothing but scum. 

ok maybe not De caf.....Valium perhaps?

Ahaha I guess it is TigerUppercut.

Ahaha I guess it is TigerUppercut.

Not getting the Street Fighter reference. My experience however has been that when people have given up answering for dumb arguments that fly in the face of fact and reason, the last resort is to tie the opiner to some other user of dubious reputation. It's so much more dignified to concede that a previously held opinion just might be baseless. Folks have had plenty of warning: Their own argument is basically summarizes as 'shot in the dark' followed by 'prayer'.

Not getting the Street Fighter reference. My experience however has been that when people have given up answering for dumb arguments that fly in the face of fact and reason, the last resort is to tie the opiner to some other user of dubious reputation. It's so much more dignified to concede that a previously held opinion just might be baseless. Folks have had plenty of warning: Their own argument is basically summarizes as 'shot in the dark' followed by 'prayer'.

If you say so.

yep, its not about doing what the fans are doing, its about doing what the teams what win in the play offs do. They build around their QB.  They dont have to have talent all over the place like the Chiefs do only to fall short because the offense couldnt generate enough points again.

Chiefs will once again, make the play offs, because they are a really talented team, but will stall again in the play offs if we run with Alex again.   The Chiefs would have to play 3-4 perfect/flawless games in order to win it all.  its so hard to do that. Its the hardest possible way to win.  Us as Chiefs fans, should know this already.

I just keep waiting for Alex to finally say fuck it and let the ball go and it just doesnt happen. You will only see flashes of it and thats it.  Its like he doesnt trust his own damned self.

The Chiefs would have to play 3-4 perfect/flawless games in order to win it all.  its so hard to do that. Its the hardest possible way to win.

That's what the Patriots had to do. It wasn't just Tom Brady that was needed to win the Super Bowl.

The Falcons didn't play a flawless second half in the Super Bowl. It wasn't Matt Ryan's fault that the Falcons lost.

The Packers didn't play well against the Falcons. Aaron Rodgers did not have a good game, but he had a great finish to his season as he often does.

The Steelers didn't play well against the Patriots. They caught a case of The Chiefs in the Conference Championship, dropping passes and not protecting Ben Roethlisberger, who really did nothing throughout the playoffs.

The Cowboys' loss to the Packers was punctuated by a series of late 50-yard field goals, but also by late game coverage breakdowns on the part of both defenses. In this game, the quarterback asked to do more won the game. Rookies don't win in the post-season very often.

The Patriots locked down a Texans offense led by Brock Osweiler. There was no surprise there.

The Falcons cut down a Seahawks team missing key defenders and playing away from the 12th man.

That pattern continues throughout past playoff series. Contrary to what you say, every Super Bowl winner had to play three or four near-flawless games to be the best team at the end of the year. If the injuries don't get you, poor execution will. If you execute well, your coaches can make game-losing decisions. In fact, it'd be easy enough to just categorize this past post-season this way:

Too injured to compete:

Raiders

Dolphins

Seahawks

Didn't execute:

Lions

Giants

Texans

Chiefs

Cowboys

Steelers

Packers

Coaching errors:

Falcons

yep, its not about doing what the fans are doing, its about doing what the teams what win in the play offs do. They build around their QB. They dont have to have talent all over the place like the Chiefs do only to fall short because the offense couldnt generate enough points again.

Chiefs will once again, make the play offs, because they are a really talented team, but will stall again in the play offs if we run with Alex again. The Chiefs would have to play 3-4 perfect/flawless games in order to win it all. its so hard to do that. Its the hardest possible way to win. Us as Chiefs fans, should know this already.

I just keep waiting for Alex to finally say fuck it and let the ball go and it just doesnt happen. You will only see flashes of it and thats it. Its like he doesnt trust his own damned self.

That may be the problem with the Chiefs, but it's not relevant to the conversation being had by KCCrow and PhataLerror.

Crow said: "Maybe the problem is Alex Smith cockslobberin' fucks like you apologizing for him and giving this goddamned franchise another reason to continue their exercise in futility over and over again. It's people like you that are the fucking problem. Never expect more if you don't ask for more. Pathetic. Go back to San Francisco. Wash someone's nuts over there."

That says the problem is with the fans. It does not address the problems with the organization, other than perhaps the organization listening to their fans.

PhataLerror said that the organization doesn't listen to their fans. Or at least so he doesn't think they should.

That really has nothing to do with the Chiefs. Your post does.

KCCrows response to PhataLerror's assertion that organization shouldn't listen to their fans was non sequitur and while it may be correct, it wasn't the point of the argument that organizations don't listen to their fans.

It sounds like a few of you do not want to address the arguments of a biased fan. (We're all biased to different degrees, despite attempts to be objective.) Instead, there's name calling and non sequitur responses to different things than what it said. Ignoring someone is fine, but when responding, it doesn't show comprehension of what is said when the response doesn't flow from what the quoted person said.

None of this is to defend Alex Smith. I don't particularly care to defend PhataLerror. Just saying that it's a bit annoying to see non sequitur responses to posters comments and then a separate agreements with a non sequitur statement.

Of course, many here find a constant defense of any player to be annoying, so I understand, it's just not a discussion. It's hard to keep up with detailed refutes to contextual arguments when you disagree with the conclusion.

Let's fire the owner, send the head coach back to Philly, and trade every player on the team to Cleveland. That will be change you can believe in.

One team has satisfied their fans. The Chiefs have been in the playoffs 3 of the past four years, and won their division this last time They played poorly against the Steelers, and still almost won. So, trash the team, bash the fans, and join the Browns.

None of this is to defend Alex Smith. I don't particularly care to defend PhataLerror. Just saying that it's a bit annoying to see non sequitur responses to posters comments and then a separate agreements with a non sequitur statement.

This is what I have become accustomed to. It is the way of things. Most of the "opinions" people spout on the forums of the league's other 31 teams are just as baseless as the ones many express here. If people aren't arguing about the quarterback, there's some other key position that people are griping about: 'The player is replacement level', 'the coaching is grade-school', 'the General Manager whiffs on too many player selections'. Guess what? If teams are still employing certain guys, there's usually an entire staff or group of decision-makers that hasn't reached a consensus that the guy doesn't belong. In the end, almost all of us are not football guys, and we're just trying to be the Joe that threw a dart in the dark and hit a bullseye. And in the end, For what?

But for me, discussing football is entertaining. I'm not here to needle other people, even though it's clear that some wish to troll me personally. Whatever. I'm quite used to that. And as far as any defense to be made for myself, I prefer to let the league work out those matters. I don't need the approval of anyone here. And when people argue a point that truly is baseless, I am happy enough to blow up their unreality in front of everyone. They hate that. I get it. It's the cost of doing business here.

Let's fire the owner, send the head coach back to Philly, and trade every player on the team to Cleveland. That will be change you can believe in.

One team has satisfied their fans. The Chiefs have been in the playoffs 3 of the past four years, and won their division this last time They played poorly against the Steelers, and still almost won. So, trash the team, bash the fans, and join the Browns.

That or get a QB. One team has lost 3 out of 4 playoff games and neither team won a playoff game last season. I'll pass on the Browns. I still want the CHIEFS to go to the Super Bowl. That's all. Winning a single wild card game against Hoyer is better than the Browns have done in the last 4 years though. So hopefully that makes some fans happy.

Still waiting for a plan to "get a QB" better than Smith or Foles....

I am fine moving up this year to try for Watson...but the odds for that happening are slim to none.

I see Clark "trying to win".  I see Dorsey as a guy with a plan and he sticks to the plan.

I see Andy Reid as a very good head coach that has NEVER won a super bowl despite having some very talented teams.

IMO, Reid and Smith have the same questions swirling above their heads.

w

I am fine moving up this year to try for Watson...but the odds for that happening are slim to none.

I see Clark "trying to win".  I see Dorsey as a guy with a plan and he sticks to the plan.

I see Andy Reid as a very good head coach that has NEVER won a super bowl despite having some very talented teams.

w

The plan is the draft. We've had at least 7 rounds per year for 47 years. Nothing. We've had 4 years since getting Smith. Nothing. Every year we say there is nothing in the draft or we can't move up or fill in the blank QB is better than we could get in the draft. Meanwhile other teams have been drafting QBs and going to the Super Bowl. I keep saying this isn't a "this year" problem. As a lifetime Chiefs fan, this is a lifetime problem. 

QB rating

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

1 Matt Ryan Atlanta Falcons QB 120.0  pick 3, 2008 draft

2 Tom Brady New England Patriots QB 108.6  pick 199, 2000 draft

3 Dak Prescott Dallas Cowboys QB 104.8   pick 136, 2016 draft

4 Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers QB 104.1 pick 24, 2005 draft

5 Drew Brees New Orleans Saints QB 101.7  pick 32,  2001 draft

6 Sam Bradford Minnesota Vikings QB 99.3  pick 1, 2010 draft

7 Kirk Cousins Washington Redskins QB 97.2  pick 102, 2012 draft

8 Derek Carr Oakland Raiders QB 96.7 pick 36, 2014 draft

9 Andrew Luck Indianapolis Colts QB 96.4 pick 1, 2012 draft

10 Marcus Mariota Tennessee Titans QB 95.6  pick 2, 2015 draft

11 Ryan Tannehill Miami Dolphins QB 93.5  pick 8, 2012 draft

12 Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers QB 93.4  pick 11. 2004 draft

13 Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks QB 93.0  pick 75, 2012 draft

14 Matthew Stafford Detroit Lions QB 92.4  pick 1, 2009 draft

15 Andy Dalton Cincinnati Bengals QB 91.8  pick 35, 2011 draft

16 Colin Kaepernick San Francisco 49ers QB 90.7  pick 36, 2011 draft

17 Alex Smith Kansas City Chiefs QB 89.8  pick 1, 2005 draft

18 Tyrod Taylor Buffalo Bills QB 89.7  pick 180, 2011 draft

19 Philip Rivers San Diego Chargers QB 87.9  pick 4, 2004 draft

20 Carson Palmer Arizona Cardinals QB 87.2  pick 1, 2003 draft

21 Jameis Winston Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB 86.1  pick 1, 2015 draft

22 Eli Manning New York Giants QB 85.1  pick 1 , 2001 draft

23 Trevor Siemian Denver Broncos QB 84.6  pick 250, 2015 draft

24 Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens QB 83.5  pick 18, 2008 draft

25 Carson Wentz Philadelphia Eagles QB 79.3  pick 2, 2016 draft

26 Blake Bortles Jacksonville Jaguars QB 78.8  pick 3, 2014 draft

27 Case Keenum Los Angeles Rams QB 76.4  udfa, 2012

28 Cam Newton Carolina Panthers QB 75.8  pick 1, 2011 draft

29 Brock Osweiler Houston Texans QB 71.2  pick 57, 2012 draft

30 Ryan Fitzpatrick New York Jets QB 69.6  pick 250, 2005 draft

I added the year, and number of pick they were chosen in the draft.

Crow's rant cracked me up. I think it is such an interpretation and subjective what the problem with the offense. QB, Oline, play calling. They could all get significantly better.

The reason I lean towards line is that a single player can help running game and the passing game. Can we not run because the passing game doesn't work or can we not pass because the running game doesn't work. Some of both I am sure.

I get that some gate Smith. I think he is a little above average which I think most football people will agree with. We could really use a better QB (and guards and pass rushers and safeties and any position you want to name), but the fact is that there is nobody that is better than Smith for next year in this draft. Even if we had #1 overall.

Does that mean we can't win the Super Bowl next year? No. We have a good coach and a good team. Why can't we enjoy that?

w

Personally I am for 80% of Smith at 50% of the cost..frees up money for a better supporting cast

w

the thing is, us as fans cannot formulate a plan.  We dont have the resources they do. They know every little detail in how formulating plans work.    We cant call up so and so team so we can trade up or trade down. WE cant call them and gauge their interests. All we can do as fans is want a better QB. Im sorry, but the Chiefs fans deserve their own franchise QB. This shit is played out long enough.

I still cant believe we couldnt score 20 fucking points at home in a play off game.  Im still pissed.;  im 40 years old and the Chiefs have never even came close really.  The only time they really had a legit shot is when Montana was around and at the time i was hearing the dude had to get his throwing elbow drained of fluids WEEKLY.

Anyways, i hope something happens. Ill be rooting for them, but  i know how its going to end  again.

That's what the Patriots had to do. It wasn't just Tom Brady that was needed to win the Super Bowl.

The Falcons didn't play a flawless second half in the Super Bowl. It wasn't Matt Ryan's fault that the Falcons lost.

The Packers didn't play well against the Falcons. Aaron Rodgers did not have a good game, but he had a great finish to his season as he often does.

The Steelers didn't play well against the Patriots. They caught a case of The Chiefs in the Conference Championship, dropping passes and not protecting Ben Roethlisberger, who really did nothing throughout the playoffs.

The Cowboys' loss to the Packers was punctuated by a series of late 50-yard field goals, but also by late game coverage breakdowns on the part of both defenses. In this game, the quarterback asked to do more won the game. Rookies don't win in the post-season very often.

The Patriots locked down a Texans offense led by Brock Osweiler. There was no surprise there.

The Falcons cut down a Seahawks team missing key defenders and playing away from the 12th man.

That pattern continues throughout past playoff series. Contrary to what you say, every Super Bowl winner had to play three or four near-flawless games to be the best team at the end of the year. If the injuries don't get you, poor execution will. If you execute well, your coaches can make game-losing decisions. In fact, it'd be easy enough to just categorize this past post-season this way:

Too injured to compete:

Raiders

Dolphins

Seahawks

Didn't execute:

Lions

Giants

Texans

Chiefs

Cowboys

Steelers

Packers

Coaching errors:

Falcons

Patriots did not play flawlessly at all and they won.  if it were the Chiefs, there is no way in hell they make that comeback.  We dont have the offense to do it.  Brady was really off, he was throwing the ball all over the place.  He had a pick 6, but he's so fucking damned good, that he got his shit together in the 2nd half, and bam.  Superbowl number 5. :"drops mic"  im out.

That may be the problem with the Chiefs, but it's not relevant to the conversation being had by KCCrow and PhataLerror.

Crow said: "Maybe the problem is Alex Smith cockslobberin' fucks like you apologizing for him and giving this goddamned franchise another reason to continue their exercise in futility over and over again. It's people like you that are the fucking problem. Never expect more if you don't ask for more. Pathetic. Go back to San Francisco. Wash someone's nuts over there."

That says the problem is with the fans. It does not address the problems with the organization, other than perhaps the organization listening to their fans.

PhataLerror said that the organization doesn't listen to their fans. Or at least so he doesn't think they should.

That really has nothing to do with the Chiefs. Your post does.

KCCrows response to PhataLerror's assertion that organization shouldn't listen to their fans was non sequitur and while it may be correct, it wasn't the point of the argument that organizations don't listen to their fans.

It sounds like a few of you do not want to address the arguments of a biased fan. (We're all biased to different degrees, despite attempts to be objective.) Instead, there's name calling and non sequitur responses to different things than what it said. Ignoring someone is fine, but when responding, it doesn't show comprehension of what is said when the response doesn't flow from what the quoted person said.

Of course, many here find a constant defense of any player to be annoying, so I understand, it's just not a discussion. It's hard to keep up with detailed refutes to contextual arguments when you disagree with the conclusion.

You can fuck off and go back to being a 49ers fan too. I hate all of you bandwagoners. And yes, franchises do listen to their fans. Maybe you weren't around for SOC. When fans boo the product, owners listen. And there will NEVER be a CONVERSATION between PhatalAssFucker and myself. 

Archived