Something Has To Change

The Chargers and the Jaguars? Is anyone here supposed to be impressed?

Young quarterbacks with great teams thrive (see Dak Prescott). Young quarterbacks with terrible teams struggle (see Cody Kessler).

Uh hey, in case you haven't noticed...the Chiefs are a great team that just needs a boost at QB and a few tweaks.

At least there's actual proof that they can win without Alex, compared to the doom and gloom that you're basing off of nothing but pure speculation.  But hey, thanks for pointing out that bad teams struggle and good teams don't.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh hey, in case you haven't noticed...the Chiefs are a great team that just needs a boost at QB and a few tweaks.

At least there's actual proof that they can win without Alex, compared to the doom and gloom that you're basing off of nothing but pure speculation.  But hey, thanks for pointing out that bad teams struggle and good teams don't.

The problem is that you can't recognize the difference between a high-end quarterback surrounded by a top-ten team that isn't a Super Bowl team (Alex Smith losing to the Steelers after the bottom fell out of the Chiefs' defense), a bottom-end quarterback surrounded by a top team getting by a bottom feeder (Nick Foles beating the Jaguars before the bottom fell out of the Chiefs' defense), and a high-end quarterback surrounded by a top team (Ben Roethlisberger beating the Chiefs employing a method that seemed very Alex Smithian to everyone who bothered to watch the game).

The Chiefs were a great team until they lost Derrick Johnson, the third key defensive player lost for the season, not to mention all the nicked up or worn out players that were irrelevant by week 19. How many key players have the Falcons been missing? Or the Patriots? The Chiefs lose six key players to season-ending injuries, and this is supposed to be no big thing? Wake up. The margin for error in these things is so much tighter than you are acknowledging. But then, How can you understand what the margin for error is when, 1) You disapprove of Alex Smith, and, 2) Quarterback is the only position that matters. Fan World.

The problem is that you can't recognize the difference between a high-end quarterback surrounded by a top-ten team that isn't a Super Bowl team (Alex Smith losing to the Steelers after the bottom fell out of the Chiefs' defense), a bottom-end quarterback surrounded by a top team getting by a bottom feeder (Nick Foles beating the Jaguars before the bottom fell out of the Chiefs' defense), and a high-end quarterback surrounded by a top team (Ben Roethlisberger beating the Chiefs employing a method that seemed very Alex Smithian to everyone who bothered to watch the game).

The Chiefs were a great team until they lost Derrick Johnson, the third key defensive player lost for the season, not to mention all the nicked up or worn out players that were irrelevant by week 19. How many key players have the Falcons been missing? Or the Patriots? The Chiefs lose six key players to season-ending injuries, and this is supposed to be no big thing? Wake up. The margin for error in these things is so much tighter than you are acknowledging. But then, How can you understand what the margin for error is when, 1) You disapprove of Alex Smith, and, 2) Quarterback is the only position that matters. Fan World.

You couldn't be more wrong and whiffed from the opener.

Alex isn't, wasn't and never will be a high end QB. You don't know what is a "high end" QB, so you have no argument. Swing and a miss.

Alex is what you could call a Kaepernick tier QB.

Alex smith is NOT a high end QB, but the rest i agree with, missing DJ hurt this team a lot in the playoffs and might

have been the difference between the pats being in Houston this week or the chiefs being there

The bottom really fell out to a tune of 18 points.

Just more chattering from the chipmunks....

12-4 means the team is a couple of pieces away.

Howard, Bailey and DJ will help.

Better Interior line play will help ....look for more OL in the Draft.

While everyone here would prefer 3-4 other "Franchise QB"s, Smith or Foles will most likely be the QB this coming year.

The funny thing is, the Chiefs could win the Super Bowl 17-16 and we would still have 2-3 threads of complaints.

w

While everyone here would prefer 3-4 other "Franchise QB"s, Smith or Foles will most likely be the QB this coming year.

The funny thing is, the Chiefs could win the Super Bowl 17-16 and we would still have 2-3 threads of complaints.

w

Haha. We could go another 4 years with Smith @ QB and the other chipmunks will still be chattering up that Alex is the answer, there's nothing better available, we haven't had an opportunity to get a real QB in the draft since 1875 and still giving us all the reasons why it's everybody else's fault. Then we hear that there are a few holes to fill, a couple pieces missing. If the Chiefs ever win a Super Bowl, I wouldn't go near a complaint thread.

I blame the offense and refs for the loss, not the defense, but he is talking about time of possession and number of posessions. It's the bend, don't break D.

I know what he's saying. It's his way of deflecting for the offense. 18 points is good enough. Can't score 19.

Defense lost DJ, Bailey, Howard, Mauga, March and then held Ben, Bell and Brown to no TDs and 18 points. Another way to limit the opponents possessions without blaming the defense would be for the offense to do a little better than 20% on 3rd downs.

But but but but .. time of possession... but but.... Alex is top tier...

w

No need to worry about that.

I know what he's saying. It's his way of deflecting for the offense. 18 points is good enough. Can't score 19.

I will take the blame. On the Steelers prediction thread I said I didn't want them to score 19 points because three of our losses was with our opponent scoring 19 points. The football gods must've thought I meant I don't want us to score 19 points. D'oh!

Funny thing is Clark himself said the offense didn't score enough and shouldn't have come down to a penalty. Never said a word about the defense.

Is Clark a football guy? No, he's not. When I talk about what league front offices think about personnel, the owners generally do not count.

Is Clark a football guy? No, he's not. When I talk about what league front offices think about personnel, the owners generally do not count.

It doesn't matter if he is a football guy or not, when your boss calls out a certain aspect of the team it probably would be wise to listen.

It doesn't matter if he is a football guy or not, when your boss calls out a certain aspect of the team it probably would be wise to listen.

What I'm saying is that you're reading too much into the comments of a man who most likely doesn't watch the tape the way football people do. By virtue of being the owner of the franchise, he needs to be placated. He is not a football authority, and should not be viewed as such. The fact that he didn't call out his defense publicly means absolutely nothing. His pattern of behavior and speech simply reflected that common to other non-football people that had something to say about the Chiefs-Steelers playoff game.

I'm not about to call a defense that allowed 2 points per drive a high-end defense. A better defense held the Steelers to much less the following week, and it had little to do with Le'Veon Bell missing carries.

What I'm saying is that you're reading too much into the comments of a man who most likely doesn't watch the tape the way football people do. By virtue of being the owner of the franchise, he needs to be placated. He is not a football authority, and should not be viewed as such. The fact that he didn't call out his defense publicly means absolutely nothing. His pattern of behavior and speech simply reflected that common to other non-football people that had something to say about the Chiefs-Steelers playoff game.

I'm not about to call a defense that allowed 2 points per drive a high-end defense. A better defense held the Steelers to much less the following week, and it had little to do with Le'Veon Bell missing carries.

Sure, leveon didn't matter. Make your own rules as usual.

Sure, leveon didn't matter. Make your own rules as usual.

some folks are pretty delusional.    I dont give a shit, you dont allow a damned touchdown in the whole game and you lose,  thats NOT on the defense, i dont give a fuck how you try to spin it.

w

Smith will be here next year and i am fine with that, i just hope we do our homework on this years QB Crop as well as the 2018 Class

some folks are pretty delusional. I dont give a shit, you dont allow a damned touchdown in the whole game and you lose, thats NOT on the defense, i dont give a fuck how you try to spin it.

One folk.... there no one else here who thinks that. Just one again..

Archived