Something Has To Change

Is Clark a football guy? No, he's not. When I talk about what league front offices think about personnel, the owners generally do not count.

How do you know? I kind of think he is a football guy. He seems to like talking about it. He seems to know a lot about it. I have spoken to him in the past (it was a very long time ago). In fact, I spoke to him several times. Do you know what he likes to talk about? Football. His brother Dan likes it too, or so I have been told. I do know, when you bring up football, and especially the Chiefs, Clark Hunt's eyes brighten, he becomes interested, and he talks a lot.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know? I kind of think he is a football guy. He seems to like talking about it. He seems to know a lot about it. I have spoken to him in the past (it was a very long time ago). In fact, I spoke to him several times. Do you know what he likes to talk about? Football. His brother Dan likes it too, or so I have been told. I do know, when you bring up football, and especially the Chiefs, Clark Hunt's eyes brighten, he becomes interested, and he talks a lot.

Everyone here talks about football. How many of them are football guys? How many guys on Arrowhead Pride are football guys? Actually, there are a lot of fans that are football guys to the extent that they don't take their football takes from a box score. That is essential what Clark and a number of guys here do.

One folk.... there no one else here who thinks that. Just one again..

well, i post on multiple Chiefs messageaboards, and there are more then him out there! lol its why i said folks with an s. lol

People still think Alex is that guy. They are still say he needs "more talent" around him to win.   Chiefs are probably the most talented team in the whole fucking league. If not, top 3 easily.

Did Jamaal Charles matter?

Yep if he was healthy he would have.

Way to answer the question as you would say...

I love your double standards

Stats don't matter WITH SMITH ; use the eye test right?

BUT YOU JUMP ON THE STAT TRAIN WITH DEFENSE

get out of here..

Everyone here talks about football. How many of them are football guys? How many guys on Arrowhead Pride are football guys? Actually, there are a lot of fans that are football guys to the extent that they don't take their football takes from a box score. That is essential what Clark and a number of guys here do.

You are a joke.

You constantly use it on the defense. A defense that gave up 18 to a top flight offense.

Yawn..

well, i post on multiple Chiefs messageaboards, and there are more then him out there! lol its why i said folks with an s. lol

People still think Alex is that guy. They are still say he needs "more talent" around him to win. Chiefs are probably the most talented team in the whole fucking league. If not, top 3 easily.

Those are phatal and kcsl and 63on multiple sites. All 3 of them.

He's more of a soccer guy. Nothing wrong with that either.

Yep if he was healthy he would have.

Way to answer the question as you would say...

I love your double standards

Stats don't matter WITH SMITH ; use the eye test right?

BUT YOU JUMP ON THE STAT TRAIN WITH DEFENSE

get out of here..

Points matter. Points per possession doesn't present the artificial and completely inconsequential split that volume passing yardage and passing touchdowns does. The best defenses in the league don't allow multiple points for drive. The Chiefs' defense did at the end. Only someone driven to nail Smith to the stake can excuse the Chiefs' defensive performance.

The eye test says Smith played a better game than Roethlisberger three weeks ago. There's really no quality argument to the contrary.

Points matter. Points per possession doesn't present the artificial and completely inconsequential split that volume passing yardage and passing touchdowns does. The best defenses in the league don't allow multiple points for drive. The Chiefs' defense did at the end. Only someone driven to nail Smith to the stake can excuse the Chiefs' defensive performance.

The eye test says Smith played a better game than Roethlisberger three weeks ago. There's really no quality argument to the contrary.

See how much bell didn't matter???? Falcons run it right down their throat...

quiet

Clark is a soccer first guy, but I think he's smart enough to understand that and that he's limited as a football mind in result.  Instead of trying to pretend he is, he just goes out and gets the best people he possibly can to run his team.

Clark is a soccer first guy, but I think he's smart enough to understand that and that he's limited as a football mind in result.  Instead of trying to pretend he is, he just goes out and gets the best people he possibly can to run his team.

You met him? Shut the crap up then.

He played soccer, and was really good. He could have played professionally. His first game was and is football. Stuff it

He does know to get the best people. That does not mean he doesn't care about the team, whether they win or not. That doesn't mean he picks the players or slips the head coach a new play on a napkin. He knows enough to know to hire the best coach he can hire, and have that coach (Reid) answer directly to him.

Lamar Hunt knew a good bit about football too, but Clark seems a tab bit more aggressive. Lamar was amazing. He started a new league, folded it into the NFL, and named the Super Bowl after Lamar Junior's super ball. He gave each game the Roman numerals. He also was not as engrossed in the game as his son, especially in his final years.

You met him? Shut the crap up then.

He played soccer, and was really good. He could have played professionally. His first game was and is football. Stuff it

You seem really shook up over a meaningless thing.

He played it, helped found the MLS league, is a high level executive in that league and has owned 2 clubs.  He's also more hands on with his soccer club.

He's a rather hands off chairman for the Chiefs.  Sorry you're butthurt about it.

You seem really shook up over a meaningless thing.

He played it, helped found the MLS league, is a high level executive in that league and has owned 2 clubs.  He's also more hands on with his soccer club.

He's a rather hands off chairman for the Chiefs.  Sorry you're butthurt about it.

Not butt hurt. Pissed. Keep it straight.

At any rate, having an owner like Clark isn't a bad thing.

He at least has went out and gone after the best talent available.  Him interjecting by demanding to Win Now has probably helped us to his predicament.  I'd prefer that he focuses on his soccer club and let the people he hired do the work and make the decisions.

At the end of the day, there is a common theme in Super Bowls...elite QBs(or at least elite that season(I.e. Kaepernick). In the last 10years, it's been nothing but elite QBs. Really since 2000...and the ones that weren't...didn't win. I know you guys will throw out the 12-4 stuff...but we are still 1-4 in the playoffs with Alex Smith, and that one win was a gimmie against a team that stumbled in due to a weak division. Whether you like it or not, elite QBs win in the post season and others don't...do you think we still lose to the Steelers if we had Big Ben and they had Alex? What about last year if we had Brady and the pats had smith. Swap out AS11 with Luck and we still lose to the Colts? I think you see where this is going...

At the end of the day, there is a common theme in Super Bowls...elite QBs(or at least elite that season(I.e. Kaepernick). In the last 10years, it's been nothing but elite QBs. Really since 2000...and the ones that weren't...didn't win. I know you guys will throw out the 12-4 stuff...but we are still 1-4 in the playoffs with Alex Smith, and that one win was a gimmie against a team that stumbled in due to a weak division. Whether you like it or not, elite QBs win in the post season and others don't...do you think we still lose to the Steelers if we had Big Ben and they had Alex? What about last year if we had Brady and the pats had smith. Swap out AS11 with Luck and we still lose to the Colts? I think you see where this is going...

Are we assuming that the Ben Roethlisberger would have handed off to Ware and West play after play just as he did to Le'Veon Bell? Are we assuming that Ben Roethlisberger gets the protection Smith got? Are we assuming that Ben Roethlisberger's receivers drop the same catchable passes?

The answer to your question is obviously, No.

The Tom Brady question is tougher to argue, if only because Tom Brady actually is better than Smith. Ben Roethlisberger has had the privilege of never playing on a terrible team.

The film says Colin Kaepernick was never good. The film says that Kaepernick did what he did in 2012 because most teams weren't playing the read-option correctly.

We also have to assume that Ben is just a better fucking QB.   Reads through his progressions. Isnt afraid to step up and throw the ball even if he's going to take a big hit.

We win them games easy. I know you are always trying to play that other side, but that other side has always been the NFL losing side.   It took me a long while to realize that too. You will one day!

Are we assuming that the Ben Roethlisberger would have handed off to Ware and West play after play just as he did to Le'Veon Bell? Are we assuming that Ben Roethlisberger gets the protection Smith got? Are we assuming that Ben Roethlisberger's receivers drop the same catchable passes?

The answer to your question is obviously, No.

The Tom Brady question is tougher to argue, if only because Tom Brady actually is better than Smith. Ben Roethlisberger has had the privilege of never playing on a terrible team.

The film says Colin Kaepernick was never good. The film says that Kaepernick did what he did in 2012 because most teams weren't playing the read-option correctly.

Of course we wouldn't assume the same gameplan...that's just a ridiculous statement. But we can assume that Ben would have scored more than 16 freaking points with Maclin, Kelce, and Hill as his primary targets. Hell, throw the speed of DAT and Ben could just chuck it down the field all game long...we can also assume that Ben stays in the pocket instead of bootlegging himself out of plays by hearing ghosts like Alex. And why wouldn't Ben get the same protection as Alex? That made no sense at all...if anything Ben gets more protection, seeing as defenses will have to drop more defenders into coverage at the threat of a long ball...and don't even pretend that Alex doesn't screw up any of those long throws that Ben made on his scoring drives...

And Kaepernick is the only anomaly in the last 10 years, so the elite QB total in Super Bowls is at 95% instead of 100. He still lost and At the time he was a gimmick that hadn't been figured out yet. He was basically a rookie with not much film to study. Alex Smith doesn't have that advantage.

And don't tell me Ben is successful because he's always been on a good team. The 2003 and 2004 teams were virtually identical...with the exception of QB...yet one team was 6-10 and the other was 15-1 and went to a super bowl...

We've heard several times in the last few years that we are the best or one of the best teams in the league when you look at us top to bottom without factoring in the QB. It speaks volumes that we can't overcome that year after year while teams like Denver and New England have dominated and won Super Bowls with terrible offensive lines and weapons that are proven to be subpar once they leave the team and don't have Brady/manning throwing to them. How many WRs have we watched jump from teams with elite QBs to others and their careers were lost...while their replacement flourished due to the talent of the QB? The QB elevates the team...not the other way around. That's just the way it is in the NFL these days and that's why this team won't be in a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB.

And don't tell me Ben is successful because he's always been on a good team. The 2003 and 2004 teams were virtually identical...with the exception of QB...yet one team was 6-10 and the other was 15-1 and went to a super bowl...

Ben is successful because he's Ben and not Alex. I see where you stand now.

However, this is the first I've heard that Ben went to a Super Bowl as a rookie. In 13 starts during the regular season, Ben actually accumulated 18 touchdowns against 13 turnovers in his rookie season. During that rookie season, the Steelers had the league's best team in Points Allowed. Ben wasn't a great quarterback. Ben was taking over for Tommy Maddox, a quarterback that earned all of 38 starts in the NFL, and played most of his NFL career after stints in Arena League and the XFL.

The Early-2000 Steelers teams were excellent teams hampered by bad quarterback play.

Now please continue praising Roethlisberger, who wasn't asked to do much against the Chiefs, and didn't look like much against the Patriots.

Archived