Congrats Andy - Coach of the Year

by Sporting News. I can't get the article to copy and paste. I know he isn't perfect and I know he hasn't won the big one, but I also know life is much better with him than without him. I am very glad he is hear.

I think Philly with Andy and us with Marty shows that you don't know what you got until its gone.

just another participation trophy IMO. the coach of the year is the one who wins the SB

That's like saying the MVP has to be the SB winning QB. To me the coach of the year belongs to the coach who got the most out of their players not a coach who has all the pieces in place and wins it all. That's just a "game manager".

That's like saying the MVP has to be the SB winning QB. To me the coach of the year belongs to the coach who got the most out of their players not a coach who has all the pieces in place and wins it all. That's just a "game manager".

If "game manager" isn't being used as a pejorative, the game manager is the quarterback who gets the most out of his supporting cast even though it doesn't have all the pieces in place. Andy Reid didn't have all the pieces. He managed the game.

• 2 months later...

Reid obviously is considered a very good coach and he has a solid resume. But he has a glaring hole in that resume....no SB wins. 

I don't think Chiefs fans want to see what life without Andy Reid as coach will be like...but we can't settle for another 11-5, 12-4 season only to fail at the divisional level. Personally, I think Andy has tied his wagon to Alex Smith and has to see it through come hell or high water because of the initial move to get him and Reid's own words supporting Smith.Can we win a SB with Alex? Truthfully who can answer that and be 100% right? I don't know...I am leaning to the "No" side at the moment.

Archived