Over paying players

I am still on the fence with Berry, whether we are paying him for past performance or future performance. Would NE or Pitts give him 12 mill a year?

You normally here that reluctance to resign FA to monster contracts is makes you either smart or cheap. NE is smart and KC is cheap when a high dollar free agent is allowed to walk. People are still mad about Hudson who is an average center making LT money. The point is, look at the list of the fattest contract payouts in 2016 according to NFL.com.

1. Luck

2. Palmer

3. Brees

4. Flacco

5. Rogers

6. Wilson

7. Big Ben

8. Eli

9. Rivers

10. Cam

All will be watching the big game on TV. I am leaning towards letting Berry and Poe walk. We have the 30th worst cap situation for 2017 if I remember correctly.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000478529

I am still on the fence with Berry, whether we are paying him for past performance or future performance. Would NE or Pitts give him 12 mill a year?

You normally here that reluctance to resign FA to monster contracts is makes you either smart or cheap. NE is smart and KC is cheap when a high dollar free agent is allowed to walk. People are still mad about Hudson who is an average center making LT money. The point is, look at the list of the fattest contract payouts in 2016 according to NFL.com.

1. Luck

2. Palmer

3. Brees

4. Flacco

5. Rogers

6. Wilson

7. Big Ben

8. Eli

9. Rivers

10. Cam

All will be watching the big game on TV. I am leaning towards letting Berry and Poe walk. We have the 30th worst cap situation for 2017 if I remember correctly.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000478529

There are 9 Super Bowl wins on this list plus a few more Super Bowl appearances. So let's get a an elite QB and overpay him. As a fan I don't care about salaries. I expect a GM to manage them. I care about a Super Bowl. Let's get to one. 

Tom Brady is arguably the Best QB to ever play the game...yet I don't believe he's ever had a cap hit of more than 13 million a year. THAT is why the Patriots win titles. The QB isn't sucking away dollars from other players, and no player can justify making more than Tom Brady. On top of that, top tier players come to NE on a discount to get a ring. Lastly, with the money saved on the first two points, they have the best depth the game has ever seen. While KC is pretty damn deep, safety is not one of those spots. If we still had Abdullah and branch, I'd say let Berry walk...but we don't...

There are 9 Super Bowl wins on this list plus a few more Super Bowl appearances. So let's get a an elite QB and overpay him. As a fan I don't care about salaries. I expect a GM to manage them. I care about a Super Bowl. Let's get to one. 

I've blocked you, but you showed up in someone else's reply, and now I feel obligated to respond:

Luck: 0 SBA's

Palmer: 0 SBA's

Brees: 1-0 in Super Bowl

Flacco: 1-0 in Super Bowl
Rodgers: 1-0 in Super Bowl
Wilson: 1-1 in Super Bowl
Roethlisberger: 2-1 in Super Bowl
Eli Manning: 2-0 in Super Bowl
Rivers: 0 SBA's
Cam: 0-1 in Super Bowl

So I count eight Super Bowl wins, with only six of the ten quarterbacks registering a win. Here are some other important numbers:

Brees: Super Bowl opponent scored 17 points, and gave up 7 points to the Saints' defense.

Flacco: Super Bowl opponent scored 6 points into the third quarter before a stadium brown-out.

Rodgers: Super Bowl opponent scored 25 points, but also gave up a defensive touchdown.

Wilson: In Wilson's only Super Bowl win, Super Bowl opponent scored 8 points, and gave up 9 points on defensive scores.

Roethlisberger: Super Bowl opponent scored 10 points in Roethlisberger's first win, and Super Bowl opponent scored 23 points while giving up a defensive touchdown in Roethlisberger's second win. Roethlisberger gave up defensive touchdown in aforementioned Rodgers win.

Manning Lt.: Super Bowl opponent scored 14 points in Manning's first win, and Super Bowl opponent scored 17 points while giving up a safety in Manning's second win.

Out of the five players above to win a Super Bowl that didn't involve a game-disrupting power outage, the average points needed by the offense to outscore the opponent in those wins was less than 13. Thirteen offensive points to win a Super Bowl.

Ignorant.

I've blocked you, but you showed up in someone else's reply, and now I feel obligated to respond:

So I count eight Super Bowl wins, with only six of the ten quarterbacks registering a win. Here are some other important numbers:

Brees: Super Bowl opponent scored 17 points, and gave up 7 points to the Saints' defense.

Flacco: Super Bowl opponent scored 6 points into the third quarter before a stadium brown-out.

Rodgers: Super Bowl opponent scored 25 points, but also gave up a defensive touchdown.

Wilson: In Wilson's only Super Bowl win, Super Bowl opponent scored 8 points, and gave up 9 points on defensive scores.

Roethlisberger: Super Bowl opponent scored 10 points in Roethlisberger's first win, and Super Bowl opponent scored 23 points while giving up a defensive touchdown in Roethlisberger's second win. Roethlisberger gave up defensive touchdown in aforementioned Rodgers win.

Manning Lt.: Super Bowl opponent scored 14 points in Manning's first win, and Super Bowl opponent scored 17 points while giving up a safety in Manning's second win.

Out of the five players above to win a Super Bowl that didn't involve a game-disrupting power outage, the average points needed by the offense to outscore the opponent in those wins was less than 13. Thirteen offensive points to win a Super Bowl.

Ignorant.

*Yawn*

Nice. Thanks Xen. This makes sense. Jones is in the big game. Other than that... I would love to say I will take 2 pro bowl guards instead of Berry or Poe, but you can only pick from what is there. It is a tough gig being a GM. Hard decisions.

Ignorant.

Not to get in this battle, I dig you both. Just saying the list is really interesting. I was watching the Pro Bowl (because it was the only way to extend my Chiefs season) and they showed some stats. Rivers will likely be a HOF QB. A whining bitch to be sure, but a legit HOF talent. Never sniffed a SB. Palmer. Marino. Maybe in the future Luck. It's a crazy shame. Makes think of my hero. The most talented player to ever put on a helmet, Sanders. No statement here, just love the guys that battle from the botttom of a mountain that is impossible to climb, but still claw at the ground to climb.

A little sick to my stomach that Rivers' name was in this post, but it is what it is.

Not to get in this battle, I dig you both. Just saying the list is really interesting. I was watching the Pro Bowl (because it was the only way to extend my Chiefs season) and they showed some stats. Rivers will likely be a HOF QB. A whining bitch to be sure, but a legit HOF talent. Never sniffed a SB. Palmer. Marino. Maybe in the future Luck. It's a crazy shame. Makes think of my hero. The most talented player to ever put on a helmet, Sanders. No statement here, just love the guys that battle from the botttom of a mountain that is impossible to climb, but still claw at the ground to climb.

A little sick to my stomach that Rivers' name was in this post, but it is what it is.

Rivers is a whiner for sure. Didn't read the list.

Archived