What Is Your Gut Telling You?

Chiefs probably won't have as good of a season as they did last year. Then again the entire AFC West won't. Remember they all basically played the same teams last year and all but Oakland made the playoffs.

This year all of them play the NFC West and will struggle. Look what Seattle did to Denver and SF would have probably done the same thing. Big difference between KC and the rest of the AFC West is they are built the same way as the NFC West teams. Great running game and a pretty good D. They don't rely on the passing game to win like Denver and SD do. Seattle nor SF or AZ for that matter have great QBs.

I agree with a portion of that 63....

The entire AFC West has a much tougher schedule this year and that will matter in the end.

The Chiefs are built like the Niners except one thing.  The Niners have addressed their WR needs in a VERY big way over the past two seasons....The Chiefs have stayed fairly quiet in this area with some unknows.

Is Avery going to be much better now that he is supposedly healthy?

Will Jenkins continue to improve?

Is Junior Hemmingway going to coninue to ascend?

I just do not know.

w

Nah Mongo, they wanted guys like Walker and Emmanuel Sanders instead of Schwartz and Albert. We have o-linemen. It wasn't the money or cap space. We could have kept Schwartz if we wanted to. Rishaw Johnson is going to be better or as good as Schwartz - you'll see. Schwartz was a good player but definitely not worth overpaying for.

I think these front office guys and coaches are pretty smart.  Like any team, they lost a couple of guys they would have rather kept.  But Smith will be in his second year in the system and have more fast receiving targets. Special teams will be fast and tough. Their schedule is tougher, and no one can predict injuries.  The game is won and lost on the lines.  Certain weakness will become glaring as the season goes on.  I think they have enough in the tank to make the playoffs, but the big move will come in the next offseason when they will have all those compensatory picks for this year's FA losses.  If they are smart, they will really stack the deck at that time.  Right now, I think they will be competitive.  No losses can absolutely be penciled in.  I expect a hell of a lot in 2015.

Chiefs probably won't have as good of a season as they did last year. Then again the entire AFC West won't. Remember they all basically played the same teams last year and all but Oakland made the playoffs.

This year all of them play the NFC West and will struggle. Look what Seattle did to Denver and SF would have probably done the same thing. Big difference between KC and the rest of the AFC West is they are built the same way as the NFC West teams. Great running game and a pretty good D. They don't rely on the passing game to win like Denver and SD do. Seattle nor SF or AZ for that matter have great QBs.

The Chiefs are not a running team.  They are a WCO, pass to setup the run team.  Reid runs to close games, not decide them.

PS:  I'd take Russel Wilson on my team any day.

Nah Mongo, they wanted guys like Walker and Emmanuel Sanders instead of Schwartz and Albert. We have o-linemen. It wasn't the money or cap space. We could have kept Schwartz if we wanted to. Rishaw Johnson is going to be better or as good as Schwartz - you'll see. Schwartz was a good player but definitely not worth overpaying for.

Schwartz wasn't overpaid.  His deal is for $4M on average.  Not a huge deal.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the OL, for now.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Archived