Teams That Trade Future Picks To Fix Now

oh they might but not in the first 3-4 rounds

I disagree.

Right now I don't anticipate a QB being selected in the first, as they will be all gone by 27, but they are definitely going to have one by the end of Friday.

Foles and Smith both won't be on the roster next year and they thought highly enough of Bray that they signed Foles.

The Day 3 gambles have busted and Alex isn't getting younger.

4 full years and most are still using the o line as an excuse. We have nothing at ILB. Dee Ford is good about 3 games a year depending on how weak the tackle is. And you know where I think our most glaring weakness is. He's a good drafter but we are back to being a team that can't win a playoff game. 12-4 yay!

Actually, the Chiefs did win a playoff game last year and lost this year because, as expected, they couldn't stop the run.  ILB has to be addressed and Bailey and Howard need to contribute next season.  Still, the team is young enough that they can afford to develop a QB.  Smith will start next season but there's no rule that a first round pick is inserted into the lineup immediately.  Sitting on the bench worked pretty well for Rodgers.  If the Chiefs draft Mahomes in the first, I'll not complain.  There's not an obvious superstar in another area of need at #27.  Get the ILB, RB, or OG the second day if it falls that way.  What I do hope is that the Chiefs don't reach for a QB and end up with another Blackledge, Croyle, Elkins, etc.

Actually, the Chiefs did win a playoff game last year and lost this year because, as expected, they couldn't stop the run. ILB has to be addressed and Bailey and Howard need to contribute next season. Still, the team is young enough that they can afford to develop a QB. Smith will start next season but there's no rule that a first round pick is inserted into the lineup immediately. Sitting on the bench worked pretty well for Rodgers. If the Chiefs draft Mahomes in the first, I'll not complain. There's not an obvious superstar in another area of need at #27. Get the ILB, RB, or OG the second day if it falls that way. What I do hope is that the Chiefs don't reach for a QB and end up with another Blackledge, Croyle, Elkins, etc.

They lost because they couldn't score.

Actually, the Chiefs did win a playoff game last year and lost this year because, as expected, they couldn't stop the run.  ILB has to be addressed and Bailey and Howard need to contribute next season.  Still, the team is young enough that they can afford to develop a QB.  Smith will start next season but there's no rule that a first round pick is inserted into the lineup immediately.  Sitting on the bench worked pretty well for Rodgers.  If the Chiefs draft Mahomes in the first, I'll not complain.  There's not an obvious superstar in another area of need at #27.  Get the ILB, RB, or OG the second day if it falls that way.  What I do hope is that the Chiefs don't reach for a QB and end up with another Blackledge, Croyle, Elkins, etc.

Yes we beat Hoyer and the Texans. But I said we are "back" to being a team that can't win a playoff game. Bell gashed us. Frustrating. But a crippled defense gave up 18. We couldn't score 19 at home. The following week NE scored 36 at home. We praise Dorsey until it comes to evaluating a QB. Then we doubt him? 4 drafts. 0 QBs

Actually, the Chiefs did win a playoff game last year and lost this year because, as expected, they couldn't stop the run. ILB has to be addressed and Bailey and Howard need to contribute next season. Still, the team is young enough that they can afford to develop a QB. Smith will start next season but there's no rule that a first round pick is inserted into the lineup immediately. Sitting on the bench worked pretty well for Rodgers. If the Chiefs draft Mahomes in the first, I'll not complain. There's not an obvious superstar in another area of need at #27. Get the ILB, RB, or OG the second day if it falls that way. What I do hope is that the Chiefs don't reach for a QB and end up with another Blackledge, Croyle, Elkins, etc.

Draft a QB and let the rook compete for the job from day 1. Chances are Smith wins it, but you also never know either.

The QB is so obviously the main determiner of a team's success.  That was so obvious on Sunday night. 

Are you saying that Tom Brady was responsible for the Falcons' extending of the clock due to poor play calling and execution? Because Matt Ryan did his job, and the Falcons had as much as won the Super Bowl up until Dan Quinn totally forgot the meaning of situational football.

I was a little surprised how much NE was running the ball in the second half, but I guess it worked out for them.

New England's run blocking is actually effective enough to take pressure off of Brady.

As I watched Tom Brady pick apart a defense that came into the second half thinking they had already won the Super Bowl, I started getting the sense that I'd spend the entire 2017 off-season battling a crowd of fans that felt they saw evidence that a quarterback alone wins a Super Bowl. Super Bowl LI could actually be summed up this way:

First Half: Matt Ryan played great, while Tom Brady was ineffective, looked out of sorts, and was wholly responsible for a brutal pick-six.

Second Half: Matt Ryan hardly had the ball, got undercut by terrible play calling and penalties by the offensive line, and gave up a key fumble, while Tom Brady hit the field with fresh intelligence from his coaches, and dominated the Falcons' defense on the final four drives of the half as well as on two two-point conversion attempts.

Overtime: With the Falcons' defense already having been on the field for 80 snaps, the loss of the coin toss was a death sentence. Tom Brady was merely the quarterback on the field when that sentence was executed.

That Super Bowl was hardly Brady's best game in his lengthy career, and the comeback would have been for naught if the Patriots defense hadn't tightened up under the competent watch of Matt Patricia. Matt Ryan will go down as the only quarterback to post a 144.1 Passer Rating and still lose in the Super Bowl. Really, the Patriots won because they played the same number of good halves of football as their opponent, and then won in sudden death after getting the first possession on a coin flip.

I was a little surprised how much NE was running the ball in the second half, but I guess it worked out for them.

Yep. When you have to defend someone like Brady, it's a lot easier to run. If you take Brady's run away, they had about 85 yards rushing for the game. But they were timely, effective runs. Oh and they had 466 yards passing. When you're losing you need big chunks. 

Draft a QB and let the rook compete for the job from day 1. Chances are Smith wins it, but you also never know either.

Can't argue with that, but I just don't see anyone the Chiefs could draft that would beat out Smith next season.  The Chiefs will have to develop a QB, not just insert one.

They lost because they couldn't score.

yep, they lost because they couldnt  score 20 fucking points at home. Thats pathetic. The Defense's job was to keep the Steelers out of the end zone, they did that. 0 fucking touchdowns allowed. If you ask any coach going itno a play off game if they would be 100 percent ok with their defense giving up 0 touchdowns all games. EVERY Single one would take that  in a heartbeat.

yep, they lost because they couldnt score 20 fucking points at home. Thats pathetic. The Defense's job was to keep the Steelers out of the end zone, they did that. 0 fucking touchdowns allowed. If you ask any coach going itno a play off game if they would be 100 percent ok with their defense giving up 0 touchdowns all games. EVERY Single one would take that in a heartbeat.

Yet we have people blaming the defense. That's a joke

So many times during the year that joke of an offense left them out to dry and they came though.

Yet we have people blaming the defense. That's a joke

So many times during the year that joke of an offense left them out to dry and they came though.

what boggles my mind still is with that great first drive where we used hill and kelce as decoys that he didn't come back with them being the main focal point of the offense.  Im sure everyone was sitting there watching the game like, where is hill and kelce at after that first drive.  

As a fan, it just gets frustrating knowing that with Alex running the show, you virtually have no chance because he has to play 3 perfect games while Elite QB's have room for error because they are that good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784593/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-20-bills-giants-grab-qbs-in-round-1

Budda Baker, S - Washington.

Never heard of him?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-alabamas-tim-williams-slides-right-into-patriots-laps-at-no-32/

Zach Cunningham, MLB - Vanderbilt. 

IMO too lanky - 6'5" abnormally tall for an ILB.

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/09/2017-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-predictions-for-every-team/

Haason Reddick, MLB - Temple. 

Average Joe.

http://theinscribermag.com/nfl-2017-round-1-mock-draft/

Deshaun Watson, QB - Clemson

Doubt he falls this far.

--- A lot of Mocks have DE Charles Harris (Mizzou) going to Dallas, Pitt, or ATL with the 28/30/31st picks. He'd be a viable option - can't look over him with the inconsistencies of Dee Ford. He's a hometown product of KC. He needs to be drafted by the Chiefs and groomed in his hometown. What a great story this would be.

Lol, he even has the best video in the draft. 1:01 - "Sacked by that man again...Charles Harris, from KANSAS CITY..." Musburger, had a nice ring to it.

Charles Harris is on my list. I don't have a single person on my draft board that is an imperative selection. After all, the Chiefs have the 27th selection in the draft. A lot can happen by then. In fact, generally the draft begins to get mixed up after the fifth or sixth selection. As teams pick players, more things happen out of the ordinary. Some players are chosen higher, and others fall. It is impossible to say this is who I would take. 

The combine will begin February 28th, and we will have a better picture how players stack up. Right now, we have an idea, but really it is only a guess. Harris is thought to be available anywhere between 23 and the end of round one. Some have him lasting until the first part of the second round. If he runs well at the combine, he may sore in the draft. It's hard to speculate, especially this early.

Archived