I'd love for Bray to be ready, but I think the comments above were just coach speak for potential trade bargaining.  Foles was signed in August, which means the chiefs had three months of evaluating done on Bray and still went with Foles.  On top of that, when Alex went down, after they had seen what Bray had in training camp and pre-season, they still went with Foles...I just don't see it...as much as I would want to...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chiefs extended Foles a two year contract, with the final year not guaranteed. That was a deal ideally suited to showcase him, and make a trade. Foles failed to show he could be a starting QB. If he did, the Chiefs would have tried to get a second day pick. We do not know what they currently think of Bray. The only thing we know is they left him on their 53 man squad the entire year. It doesn't sound as if they thought he was trash.

I don't think he is the answer but they have kept him around for some reason. He is going into 5th season when many didn't think he would be here after 2. So they see something in him to at least invest the time they have into him.

I would say if he isn't at least the #2 this year it is time to let him go.

The Chiefs extended Foles a two year contract, with the final year not guaranteed. That was a deal ideally suited to showcase him, and make a trade. Foles failed to show he could be a starting QB. If he did, the Chiefs would have tried to get a second day pick. We do not know what they currently think of Bray. The only thing we know is they left him on their 53 man squad the entire year. It doesn't sound as if they thought he was trash.

The Foles option year was to buy them time if Foles took over the starting role via unusual circumstances.

Archived