Most depressing Chiefs losses

Which games made you leave Arrowhead or your TV feeling the worst?

My short list:

3.  Montana gets hurt in AFC championship game and Chiefs lose.

2.  Sten misses FG in longest game in history and Chiefs lose.

1.  Chiefs blow game with worst QB play in second half and three missed FGs against Indy in playoff game and Chiefs lose.

That last one had my son and I both frozen and depressed.  It just couldn't happen, but it did.  Wonder if ATL fans feel the same way this month.

My short list:

1.  Chiefs blow game with worst QB play in second half and three missed FGs against Indy in playoff game and Chiefs lose.

That last one had my son and I both frozen and depressed.  It just couldn't happen, but it did.  Wonder if ATL fans feel the same way this month.

Good list, Jet. Can't argue with the pain on that list.

Chiefs against the Colts was by far worse. The other ones sucked, but we had  such a huge League.  Alex looked to be in charge doing amazing things, then we just fell off. We lost basically the same way as the Falcons did in the SuperBowl. lol once momentum was lost, it was over.

My short list:

I'll second those three games.. I also was there freezing my ass off for #1

Chiefs against the Colts was by far worse. The other ones sucked, but we had such a huge League. Alex looked to be in charge doing amazing things, then we just fell off. We lost basically the same way as the Falcons did in the SuperBowl. lol once momentum was lost, it was over.

This was a different game same teams as his top three.

Chiefs against the Colts was by far worse. The other ones sucked, but we had  such a huge League.  Alex looked to be in charge doing amazing things, then we just fell off. We lost basically the same way as the Falcons did in the SuperBowl. lol once momentum was lost, it was over.

Yeah, that was one they could have had except for injuries and bad plays in the second half.  The reason it's not in my top three is because the Chiefs weren't expected to win that one and if they did, they still would have been long shots to advance.  The ones on my top three were all paths to the super bowl.

My short list:

3. Montana gets hurt in AFC championship game and Chiefs lose.

2. Sten misses FG in longest game in history and Chiefs lose.

1. Chiefs blow game with worst QB play in second half and three missed FGs against Indy in playoff game and Chiefs lose.

That last one had my son and I both frozen and depressed. It just couldn't happen, but it did. Wonder if ATL fans feel the same way this month.

I would add the field goal against Miami when Nick short kicked it.

My short list:

3. Montana gets hurt in AFC championship game and Chiefs lose.

2. Sten misses FG in longest game in history and Chiefs lose.

1. Chiefs blow game with worst QB play in second half and three missed FGs against Indy in playoff game and Chiefs lose.

That last one had my son and I both frozen and depressed. It just couldn't happen, but it did. Wonder if ATL fans feel the same way this month.

Those losses were all on the defense, oline and receivers. Can't blame the QB.

Those losses were all on the defense, oline and receivers. Can't blame the QB.

The loss to Indy after the '95 season wasn't on the defense.  Final score was 10-7 and Bono had the worst quarter in Chiefs playoff history in the third quarter.  IIRC, Marty pulled Bono out late in the game with a 3 point differential.  Sad.

The loss to Indy after the '95 season wasn't on the defense.  Final score was 10-7 and Bono had the worst quarter in Chiefs playoff history in the third quarter.  IIRC, Marty pulled Bono out late in the game with a 3 point differential.  Sad.

Guess you missed the sarcasm.

I'm not gonna mention his name, but we all know who lost that game..,

Yep, never to be seen, heard from, or mentioned again.  I'd have to research the stats, but didn't Bono really stink it up as well?  He'd gotten by on a great defense, clutch runs by Marcus, and some spectacular returns but it all caught up with him in that game.  Bono:  11/25 122 yds., 1 td, 3 int. for a 32 passer rating.  Gannon: 6 completions which got the Chiefs into position for one last shot.  We all know how that turned out.

My short list:

I'm 100% behind you on #1.

Only Chiefs game that ever caused me to destroy my own property.

Indy game for sure is number 1 on my list.

Random, but the loss to Denver when Marty went back to Elvis over Gannon.

I think we would have won the bowl... that crushed me..

Oh, pain. Gannon finally got in and almost pulled it until Lake Dawson dropped the touchdown pass.

Saw the Lin Elliott game and the 28 point blown lead game against Indy.  One that a lot of folks have forgotten was the Seattle / KC game when Derrick Thomas had 9 sacks and on the very last play of the game Dave Krieg threw a Hail Mary pass in the endzone to Paul Skanski and we lost the game as time ran out.  I think about the Raiders coming back to tie us in the Ben Davidson spears lenny Dawson game. But without question the absolute worse by far was the 1971 AFC first round playoff game on Christmas day.   I stood in Steneruds roost and saw the kick that officials said went wide right.   The 1971 Chiefs were the greateast team KC ever had and they have never recovered from that loss.

Archived