Another Opinion on Eric Berry

The flipside with Berry is that he has to be very careful with his demands. He's going to be nearing 30 when he finally hits UFA next season and teams aren't going to line up to give him record guaranteed money and a long contract thst isn't filled with fluff years he'll never see.

He's going to more or less get what he's probably being offered now and have to face another season of no security.

I'm not expecting my opinion to be shared by all others. Are you suggesting that no one agrees? I'm pretty sure that if the Chiefs don't re-sign Berry, that means the Chiefs agreed with me.

What's your justification for keeping Berry at any cost? Because Louis Riddick warned that the Chiefs are doomed if they don't 'pay the man'?

Or has civility gone out the window in this forum?

i have no justification for keeping him at ANY cost, i will approach it from the PR side. he is a very popular player for KC and he beat cancer. put those two together and if the chiefs don't keep him then they will be vilified by the press, fans and possibly some inside the locker room. Will people get over it if he is not a chief? of course but a lot will depend on how the FO handles him and others

i have no justification for keeping him at ANY cost, i will approach it from the PR side. he is a very popular player for KC and he beat cancer. put those two together and if the chiefs don't keep him then they will be vilified by the press, fans and possibly some inside the locker room. Will people get over it if he is not a chief? of course but a lot will depend on how the FO handles him and others

Hypothetical scenario: Everything else being equal, including finances remaining after treatment and a clean bill of health for a cancer survivor, you have to keep one employee and let the other go. One is a cancer survivor, the other is a Joe.

Which one do you keep?

The media sucks.

Hypothetical scenario: Everything else being equal, including finances remaining after treatment and a clean bill of health for a cancer survivor, you have to keep one employee and let the other go. One is a cancer survivor, the other is a Joe.

Which one do you keep?

The media sucks.

Perception is a muthaf**ker

I don't thank no we franchise him. Way to much money. I don't think trade is realistic. I don't think we resign him and then turn around and trade him.

He will sign. We will over pay. I love the guy, but we are not on a cap position to over pay a safety. New England would let him walk.

I don't thank no we franchise him. Way to much money. I don't think trade is realistic. I don't think we resign him and then turn around and trade him.

He will sign. We will over pay. I love the guy, but we are not on a cap position to over pay a safety. New England would let him walk.

Yep and thats the difference of a perennial SB winner and one n done's..its as plain  as can be

• 2 weeks later...

Archived