Chiefs Announce 2017 Starting QB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-only because Smith was injured.

That decision kinda hurt everyone except Harbaugh and A. Smith.

w

Smith was healthy pretty quickly but Harbaugh stayed with Kap. The decision to switch to Kap led to 2 NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance. You kind of left that part out. I think we would love to achieve that. Would be fun. Then when Harbaugh left the 49ers became a disaster. Not when Smith was demoted. But yes Smith has definitely done well financially despite losing his job to someone like Kaepernick. And Harbaugh is doing well at Michigan. Can't argue that.

Smith was healthy pretty quickly but Harbaugh stayed with Kap. The decision to switch to Kap led to 2 NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance. You kind of left that part out. I think we would love to achieve that. Would be fun. Then when Harbaugh left the 49ers became a disaster. Not when Smith was demoted. But yes Smith has definitely done well financially despite losing his job to someone like Kaepernick. And Harbaugh is doing well at Michigan. Can't argue that.

Stop with the 'Harbaugh made the right choice' argument. Harbaugh's out of the NFL, Kaepernick's on his way out of the NFL, and Smith is still starting in the NFL. Harbaugh's 2014 49ers were 8-8. Harbaugh's quarterback had only a solid team, not an elite team, to prop him up anymore. It would've continued to get worse even if Harbaugh had stayed.

In short, no more Harbaughlogies.

That post was just trolling more than anything. Your post is pretty much alternative facts in that Harbaugh was a failure in the NFL and had to go back to the NCAA in result. He chose to do so and many NFL teams would of gladly hired him. Hell, the Dolphins were trying to trade for him.

But anyhow, you can continue to discuss that at the 49erscoalition.

That post was just trolling more than anything. Your post is pretty much alternative facts in that Harbaugh was a failure in the NFL and had to go back to the NCAA in result. He chose to do so and many NFL teams would of gladly hired him. Hell, the Dolphins were trying to trade for him.

But anyhow, you can continue to discuss that at the 49erscoalition.

Wait... so if Jim Harbaugh was coaching the Miami team, they would have been relevant? You're sure about that? And yet you're so sure that the 2012 49ers don't get to the Super Bowl with Alex Smith? It's funny how your projections fall right in line with your prejudices.

Calling my post "alternative facts" completely ignores the fact that if Harbaugh were an NFL-relevant coach, he'd have caught on elsewhere in the league. There were definitely questions about him. Whatever opportunities existed for Harbaugh heading into 2015 were not as appealing as those existing when he took over for the 49ers in 2011.

Harbaugh will return to the NFL under two conditions: Colin Kaepernick is officially retired, and he can take over a roster with a fair amount of talent that was badly managed. Then his yelling and sideline antics with a three-year shelf life will have a second shot at propelling a franchise to a Super Bowl. His only incentive to be in the NFL is to win a ring like his brother did.

All I know is that with Harbagh they were a contender. Now they are a cellar dweller and it happened very quickly. I think he is a very good coach that doesn't play ball with ownership.

But West is right, we just don't know why he left. I am just glad he is not in the AFC.

Wait... so if Jim Harbaugh was coaching the Miami team, they would have been relevant? You're sure about that? And yet you're so sure that the 2012 49ers don't get to the Super Bowl with Alex Smith? It's funny how your projections fall right in line with your prejudices.

Calling my post "alternative facts" completely ignores the fact that if Harbaugh were an NFL-relevant coach, he'd have caught on elsewhere in the league. There were definitely questions about him. Whatever opportunities existed for Harbaugh heading into 2015 were not as appealing as those existing when he took over for the 49ers in 2011.

Harbaugh will return to the NFL under two conditions: Colin Kaepernick is officially retired, and he can take over a roster with a fair amount of talent that was badly managed. Then his yelling and sideline antics with a three-year shelf life will have a second shot at propelling a franchise to a Super Bowl. His only incentive to be in the NFL is to win a ring like his brother did.

Your post is Alternative Facts. He had the chance to be the Head Coach for the university he loves and played for and got a hefty raise in the process. The 49ers weren't going to let him freely walk to another NFL franchise.

Also how Harbaugh would of fared in Miami is irrelevant, so who gives a shit? Also I really doubt what Colin Kaepernick does or doesn't do has zero impact on what he decides.

Only 49ers fans really seem to think there was a super secret plot to keep down an elite QB. You're glossing over exactly what went wrong for your now shit turd franchise because it doesn't work into your slanted view.

I can give you the non alternative facts version of it if once and for all shut up about the 49ers and stop being the Alex Smith spokesman every single post.

Stop with the 'Harbaugh made the right choice' argument. Harbaugh's out of the NFL, Kaepernick's on his way out of the NFL, and Smith is still starting in the NFL. Harbaugh's 2014 49ers were 8-8. Harbaugh's quarterback had only a solid team, not an elite team, to prop him up anymore. It would've continued to get worse even if Harbaugh had stayed.

In short, no more Harbaughlogies.

*Yawn*

That's some nice PR spin by the 49ers site.  He was released because everybody knew he was going to Michigan.

It's not "spin", it's a very specific circumstance that meant that Harbaugh could go where he wanted in the NFL. Harbaugh no doubt conceded some of the money due him from his contract. If it were to turn out that Harbaugh would coach again in the NFL, there are no impediments to him contracting with another team. Two days after the split, Harbaugh reached a contract agreement with Michigan. It didn't have to be Michigan: On December 29, 2014, other NFL Head Coaching jobs became available for the New York Jets, Chicago Bears, and the Atlanta Falcons. None of those were particularly good situations at the end of 2014.

I happen to live in the San Francisco media area. I hear the news about the 49ers, including news that doesn't catch on nationally, as well as credible rumors passed by word of mouth. When I say things about the 49ers that seem peculiar, or even biased, instead of arguing that I don't know what I'm talking about, you could just ask for a link.

My response is being taken out of the context within which it was intended.

The 49ers weren't going to let him freely walk to another NFL franchise.

My statement about the 'mutual parting' was in reference to the resolution of Harbaugh's contract. Harbaugh didn't want to leave, but Harbaugh did want to be paid. The facts are: He was coming off his worst season since his arrival, and the team was trending downward. The 49ers' front office released Harbaugh from his contractual obligations, leaving Harbaugh free to go to any other job anywhere, within the NFL or otherwise.

All of this is immaterial to the coach Jim Harbaugh actually was: A motivator capable of assembling an excellent staff. He made a bad personnel decision, and it destroyed the team.

My response is being taken out of the context within which it was intended.

My statement about the 'mutual parting' was in reference to the resolution of Harbaugh's contract. Harbaugh didn't want to leave, but Harbaugh did want to be paid. The facts are: He was coming off his worst season since his arrival, and the team was trending downward. The 49ers' front office released Harbaugh from his contractual obligations, leaving Harbaugh free to go to any other job anywhere, within the NFL or otherwise.

All of this is immaterial to the coach Jim Harbaugh actually was: A motivator capable of assembling an excellent staff. He made a bad personnel decision, and it destroyed the team.

You're glossing over the fact that the 49ers would never, ever release Harbaugh "free and clear" if they weren't sure that he was leaving the NFL completely.

You're glossing over the fact that the 49ers would never, ever release Harbaugh "free and clear" if they weren't sure that he was leaving the NFL completely.

He had one year left on his contract. He could have forced the issue, and then the 49ers would have had a bigger mess.

If there had been a 'gentlemen's agreement', I would have expected Harbaugh to keep his jaw shut when it came to the aforementioned 'mutual-not-mutual parting' article.

Harbaugh chose Kaepernick over Smith and went to 2 conference championships winning one and going to the Super Bowl. Reid has chosen Smith for 4 years and we're one and done with 16 points at home last year. 

Because the Chiefs' surviving 2013-2016 post-season teams are NCAA compared to the 49ers' 2012-2013 teams. Albert Wilson and numerous other game day actives wouldn't have made the 49ers' practice squad in those years.

Overall, Harbaugh's record was Smith was better than his record with Kaepernick.

It's funny how football's a 'team game' until it doesn't suit your argument. Kaepernick is not a good quarterback, never has been a quarterback, and therefore was not the motivating force in the 49ers' post-season wins. Kaepernick's career will end having started fewer than half of the games Smith has. By the time Smith's career is over, he may have started three or four times as many games as Kaepernick will have.

Archived