As soon as I post this I read an article that he is headed for a big payday. ??? He has only played one full season in his career and that was in 2011. I would be surprised if a team thinks that at 32 he will be wealthier than previously in his career.

Good decision by the Chiefs to let him walk.

The problem for the Chiefs is this is not a great year for OL in the draft. The Chiefs could use a T or G.

There's a couple of OGs that are worth second day picks and could be upgrades over Fulton and maybe LDT.  Fisher, Ehingler, Morse, new guy, and Swartz might not be all that bad.

There's a couple of OGs that are worth second day picks and could be upgrades over Fulton and maybe LDT.  Fisher, Ehingler, Morse, new guy, and Swartz might not be all that bad.

It will all matter how things fall in the draft. The Chiefs do need to replace Jah Reid, and Zach Fulton. If they can get half of that, and Ehinger is healthy, then it is a start.

DL is probably the highlight of this draft.

I personally haven't given up on Fulton yet.  I've watched time and time again people on this board ready to throw out oline too early.  Heard it about fisher for three years, heard it about LDT for a few years.  Heard it about Hudson for a year or two.  Heard it about the very Brandon Albert we are discussing for three years.  MOST olinemen really need 3-5 years before you REALLY know what you have.  Yes, we have lucked out with guys like Morse and it looks like Ehinger that were solid from day one, but it just doesn't usually happen. 

But lets look at our projected oline next season:

LT:  Fisher - He's not going anywhere people.  Not with his new contract and that way the dead cap on him is for the next 2-3 years. 

LG:  Our real only weakness.  LDT/Reid/Albert would be ideal here with guys fighting for the starting spot, but I think LDT showed he is still growing and can take the spot.  We do need depth though

C:  Morse - Solid, no reason to look anywhere else

RG:  Our only real oline weakness.  I can see LDT getting the spot, but some depth and competition would be nice.  I'd love to get Geoff Schwartz back personally, but Albert would be nice too

LT:  Mitchell Schwartz - I don't think anyone has a problem with this

I believe Dorsey is gonna give LDT one more year to earn that spot.  He brings in a vet, and probably drafts a G/T hybrid in the 3rd-4th to groom, but don't expect a big splash.  Much bigger problems to address. 

It will all matter how things fall in the draft. The Chiefs do need to replace Jah Reid, and Zach Fulton. If they can get half of that, and Ehinger is healthy, then it is a start.

DL is probably the highlight of this draft.

Perhaps the Chiefs can get a seventh-round pick for Fulton. Jah Reid's trade value is likely nil. I had hoped they would show that they could be worth more, but they were definitely backup-grade players.

I believe Dorsey is gonna give LDT one more year to earn that spot.

He's a lineman worthy of an extension like the one Jah Reid got a little over a year ago. Otherwise, he can play out the year, and perhaps net the Chiefs a fifth-round compensatory pick if he plays with a reasonable degree of competence.

I personally haven't given up on Fulton yet. I've watched time and time again people on this board ready to throw out oline too early. Heard it about fisher for three years, heard it about LDT for a few years. Heard it about Hudson for a year or two. Heard it about the very Brandon Albert we are discussing for three years. MOST olinemen really need 3-5 years before you REALLY know what you have. Yes, we have lucked out with guys like Morse and it looks like Ehinger that were solid from day one, but it just doesn't usually happen.

But lets look at our projected oline next season:

LT: Fisher - He's not going anywhere people. Not with his new contract and that way the dead cap on him is for the next 2-3 years.

LG: Our real only weakness. LDT/Reid/Albert would be ideal here with guys fighting for the starting spot, but I think LDT showed he is still growing and can take the spot. We do need depth though

C: Morse - Solid, no reason to look anywhere else

RG: Our only real oline weakness. I can see LDT getting the spot, but some depth and competition would be nice. I'd love to get Geoff Schwartz back personally, but Albert would be nice too

LT: Mitchell Schwartz - I don't think anyone has a problem with this

I believe Dorsey is gonna give LDT one more year to earn that spot. He brings in a vet, and probably drafts a G/T hybrid in the 3rd-4th to groom, but don't expect a big splash. Much bigger problems to address.

"Don't give up on people"

*No mention of Ehringer at LG*

I'd be slightly surprised if the Chiefs added any new starters to the line this year.

Ehringer was improving before he went on IR to the point it was very noticable when Fulton took his place and they really seem to like Ldt. There's also a lot of value in continuity.

They could stand to upgrade the depth though.

Archived