Bold offseason predicton

I just keep hoping that this regime gets their heads out of their asses.

I want to get back to a respectable record.

I want to get in the playoffs

I want to win the AFC West

I want to WIN and Playoff Game

err..

Never mind, I'lll give them the benefit of the doubt for one more year.

w

That's our motto: One more year. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really seems different than Post Marty and Post Vermeil.

Maybe just me?

w

Much better than everything post Marty and Vermeil. It's fun to watch meaningful games in the regular season. After all these years, I want a top tier team. With a real shot at the Super Bowl. With NE & PITT we're still looking up. And OAK will be after us as well as DEN & HOU if they get a each QB.

And here's a bold offseason prediction

The Chiefs will pre-plan a bunch of roster adjustments to make a serious move to sign Dont'a Hightower.  Would be a huge get for Bob Sutton.

Likely wouldn't land, but I could see them trying to go after him aggressively if Belichick lets him walk.

Me likey.

I thought it was all about Super Bowl Wins?

I guess that's just for QB's?

Reid is fine and gets the benefit of the doubt...but he is certainly no Belichek

w

Winning the Super Bowl is everything, but isn't a requirement to be a Hall of Famer.

Reid has at leaat made a Super Bowl appearance. I think being near the top in wins and being a winner in multiple cities has a lot of clout.

With that said, Reid would need a hella good presentation and a strong presenter to get him in. Having a Lombardi would be the solid lock.

Also there will never be another Belichick.

There are some parts about Andy that greatly annoys me, but he's one of the best coaches in history.

I think his track record shows that he doesn't have to sell you on anything by this point. Dorsey is the guy that still has something to prove.

^^^ YEP

Dorsey has been "proving it" since the day he arrived.  Does he need to keep "proving it"?  Yes he does.

Reid has not "won the big one". In fact, he had 2 weeks to prepare for Pittsburgh and the Chiefs laid an egg.

Reid still has plenty to prove to me....

w

Dorsey hasn't "won the big one" either.

Does 2011 not count?

He was a ...

• scout from 1991 - 1996
  • Scout Dir.   1997 - 1998
  • Dir Player Personnel  1999
  • Dir of Scout 2000-2011
  • Dir of Football operations in 2012

before coming to KC as the GM in 2013.

Does 2011 not count?

He was a ...

• scout from 1991 - 1996
  • Scout Dir.   1997 - 1998
  • Dir Player Personnel  1999
  • Dir of Scout 2000-2011
  • Dir of Football operations in 2012

before coming to KC as the GM in 2013.

Pioli had a nice resume and a few championships too before he got here. Though Dorsey is light years beyond Pioli, we have one wild card win in 4 years and our OL is still a problem to some after 4 full seasons.

Pioli had a nice resume and a few championships too before he got here. Though Dorsey is light years beyond Pioli, we have one wild card win in 4 years and our OL is still a problem to some after 4 full seasons.

No one has assembled consecutive drafts/UDFAs such as Dorsey,

2013 - Fisher, Kelce, Davis, Bray, Harris, Hammond

2014 - Ford, Gaines, DAT, LDT, Fulton, Wilson, Santos, Sorenson, West, (Ware was picked up after release from SEA)

2015 - Peters, Morse, Conley, Nelson, Wilson, Alexander, O'Shaughnessy, RNR

2016 - Jones, Ehinger, Murray, Robinson, Hill, White, Nicolas (lost 3rd in 2016, and 6th in 2017 draft for tampering)

In his first 4 years, Dorsey has managed finding 31 players, who remain on the team today. Peters, Kelce, Morse, Hill, and Jones are possible stars in the league. Fisher, Ford, Santos, Sorenson, Ware, Conley, Nelson, Alexander, Ehinger, Nicolas are either starters or play significant minutes in games. Gaines got hurt, but exhibited significant skills before becoming injured. Harris, wilson, West, RNR, White, and Nicolas are depth. The rest are still with the team. It's significant. He doesn't have to prove to me he belongs in the NFL. He belongs I can't wait to see what will happen in 2017, and going forth.

No one has assembled consecutive drafts/UDFAs such as Dorsey,

2013 - Fisher, Kelce, Davis, Bray, Harris, Hammond

2014 - Ford, Gaines, DAT, LDT, Fulton, Wilson, Santos, Sorenson, West, (Ware was picked up after release from SEA)

2015 - Peters, Morse, Conley, Nelson, Wilson, Alexander, O'Shaughnessy, RNR

2016 - Jones, Ehinger, Murray, Robinson, Hill, White, Nicolas (lost 3rd in 2016, and 6th in 2017 draft for tampering)

In his first 4 years, Dorsey has managed finding 31 players, who remain on the team today.

And that's just through the draft.

He upgraded QB: Cassel to Smith

He upgraded WR1: Bowe to Maclin

He upgraded DE: Jackson to Howard

He upgraded FS: Lewis to Parker

When you improve starting talent and depth, you are building up a true team. The Chiefs had almost nothing when Dorsey arrived in 2013: The best pieces included Charles, Berry, Johnson, Hali, and Houston. Poe, Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, and Hudson made up a decent second tier. After that, there was almost nothing that ended up doing anything anywhere in the league. Some guys have extended their careers, but none of the folks that have departed since Dorsey's arrival have distinguished themselves elsewhere in the league. Of the 2012 Chiefs team, many careers ended at the turn of the year.

When Chiefs fans talk about how great the current Chiefs team is, they fail to realize just how terrible a position they have been recovered from. The 2012 Chiefs were a bad, bad team with a weak starting corps anchored by stars who couldn't begin to make up for the flaws of the majority, and there was virtually no depth to the roster. The current Chiefs team isn't a top roster, but between having so many young players already learning to contribute as well as a sustainable salary cap structure, there is good reason to believe that the team could become a Top-Three, or even Top-of-the-League roster in a couple years.

The uncertainty of four long-time leaders of the defense, Derrick Johnson, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, and Eric Berry, leads me to believe that the Chiefs are going to be perceived as bleeding talent this off-season, but it's hard to argue that the Chiefs are giving up talent when most of that talent wasn't healthy enough to be on the field. The Chiefs haven't fielded a Top Ten roster in any of their three recent post-seasons. Injuries notwithstanding, I have seen reason to believe that the 2017 team will be one of the league's best teams in the coming year.

Archived