Nick Foles Future

He's leaving for more money and a more legitimate chance to win a starting job.

That is the more likely outcome. There are plenty of places in the league to go for a shot at competing. Most of them are bad, but Foles has to decide whether it's more important to start this year, or to bide his time for a destination that won't make him look like a QB2.

I would rather the Bills drop Taylor. His contract is too rich.

True. I do like that it costs nothing to cut him after this year, a new contract would have guaranteed money and a higher top end I would think. I don't think think he is going to sign for backup money.

If he was a quality starter next year, that would be nice contract. Lot's of team leverage.

What has Tyrod Taylor done to show anyone he is a starting-caliber quarterback? If he was, why might the Bills be releasing him?

Please, no sandlotters.

I agree again.. weird

Anyway, no thanks in every way. He is not an upgrade imo.

I agree again.. weird

Anyway, no thanks in every way. He is not an upgrade imo.

We only disagree on what works, but not well enough. We agree when it comes to things that absolutely do not work. Tyrod Taylor and the rest of the league's throwing runningbacks is one of those things.

I think Tyrod Taylor can work in a few very specific schemes.  This offense isn't one of them.

Tyrod is a natural fit in Hue Jackson's offense.

What has Tyrod Taylor done to show anyone he is a starting-caliber quarterback? If he was, why might the Bills be releasing him?

Please, no sandlotters.

I'm not a Tyrod fan, but he did alright considering the blocking for the Bills is pretty meh and his top target had aids in his foot.  He ran for his life, a lot.

I'm not a Tyrod fan, but he did alright considering the blocking for the Bills is pretty meh and his top target had aids in his foot.  He ran for his life, a lot.

He ran for his life because he can't make quick reads, which is supposed to be a good thing, unless you're Alex Smith, in which case it's somehow apparently a bad thing.

The Bills were more of a deep-passing, vertical offense which is why Tyrod had the ball for too long.  Receivers weren't getting open fast enough to compensate for a weaker interior line.

But yes, part of it was also the fact that Tyrod was the anti-Alex, and it wasn't for the best.  He wouldn't take the check down in a lot of instances where he should have.

Archived