• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would start making overtures for Brandon Williams. He is from Kirkwood, MO, and might want to come closer to home. The main job of a NT is to take on double teams, and not yield ground. Poe does a decent job at this, but nothing spectacular. Brandon Williams is a little older, and about the same size. He is probably equal to Poe.

Not a chance. He gets pushed backwards by one person too often. Poe was trending down statistical before the back issue and has continued after. To me, it us not even that stats, it is visually watching him get pushed around. And he used to get penetration like a Chris Jones or a Jay Howard. Rarely do you see that now.

I hope he gets back to what he was, but the odds are against it. To bad, I really like the guy.

The Chiefs weren't giving Poe offensive snaps on gimmick plays for their sake. They were hoping to ensure that a team would overpay Poe on the order that the Chiefs could earn a third-round compensatory pick when he leaves.

$14 million per year?! Wow. He's not close to being that sort of player. 

The Chiefs weren't giving Poe offensive snaps on gimmick plays for their sake. They were hoping to ensure that a team would overpay Poe on the order that the Chiefs could earn a third-round compensatory pick when he leaves.

so your saying that those TD's to POE was some sort of grand scheme to ensure that a team would overpay Poe on the order that the Chiefs could earn a third-round compensatory pick when he leaves and not win the game by catching  the defense off guard?... HA! You lost me there.  Come On Man really?

n

so some team out there is going to give Poe 14 Mil based on two plays....hope Poe likes playing in Cleveland. this is right up their alley

I fully expected him to ask around 10 per, a bump from Damon Harrison's contract with the Giants, but 14 per? Hhahahahahah. That puts him between Malik Jackson and Marcell Dareus and would make him the 4th or 5th highest paid DT in the NFL. No. Not a chance the Chiefs re-sign this guy.

so your saying that those TD's to POE was some sort of grand scheme to ensure that a team would overpay Poe on the order that the Chiefs could earn a third-round compensatory pick when he leaves and not win the game by catching  the defense off guard?... HA! You lost me there.  Come On Man really?

n

No. Not really. Did Poe add a few hundred thousand to his value with those touchdown plays? Yes. Premeditated on the part of the Chiefs? Perhaps not.

It was to both the Chiefs' and Poe's benefit to run plays that had a chance to succeed. The Chiefs scored. Poe gets credit. Poe gets a new contract soon. It's going to cost too much for the Chiefs.

No. Not really. Did Poe add a few hundred thousand to his value with those touchdown plays? Yes. Premeditated on the part of the Chiefs? Perhaps not.

It was to both the Chiefs' and Poe's benefit to run plays that had a chance to succeed. The Chiefs scored. Poe gets credit. Poe gets a new contract soon. It's going to cost too much for the Chiefs.

Not a team in the NFL gives 2 fucks how well Poe plays offense.

The Chiefs can franchise Poe, refuse to sign him, or sign him to a contract that is back loaded, with incentives if he remains healthy, and productive, but provides the team latitude to release him if he is ineffective.

The Chiefs are not the only team in the NFL to know he had back surgery. So, when he hits the open market, other teams will need to take this into consideration as well. I doubt he will get a better deal than what he would get in Kansas City. Best wishes to him if he does.

Dontari Poe seems to be one of the good guys in the NFL. He doesn't get into trouble. He seems to enjoy playing the game. He works hard, and he is reliable to always give an effort. He was injured in the off-season while trying to lift weights. Perhaps he should have been more careful. I don't blame him for trying to get stronger. He pushed himself.

Poe has played an amazing amount of minutes for a man his size. He is not a one or two down player. Poe plays every down, and at one point played almost every single series. That is unheard of for a man of his size.

Whatever happens, I wish him nothing but the best. He came from a very rough part of town in Memphis. He survived, and didn't get into the trouble that caused his older brother to become incarcerated.

They were trick plays. And smart ones. He has blocked, then ran, then caught then passed for touchdowns. It's Andy confusing defenses because we can't get push. Nothing to do with doing Poe a favor IMO. It's just what Andy does.

Did Poe contribute in more ways than a typical NT? Yes. Would Reid have been able to execute the plays he ran with Poe with another NT instead? I don't know.

I wasn't trying to argue that Poe doubled his value by playing a couple offensive snaps. I meant what I said, but not to the degree others are understanding my comment.

The hungry pig formations do very little to nothing for his value as a NT. However, they do a whole lot toward keeping him loyal to playing for the Chiefs. I doubt it will matter. All he has to do is get one team to value him more than the Chiefs. I believe the Chiefs are honest in wanting to get both Poe, and Berry under contract. They can do it, but it will take some compromise, and a lot of cap engineering.

They can do it, but it will take some compromise, and a lot of cap engineering.

I think you have these backwards. It will take a lot of compromise (concessions?) and some cap engineering. When General Managers get these backwards, it sets the franchise back.

It all comes down to wanting to play where you are. If you don't, just say it, and move on. Half of the fans will hate you, and half will love you. In a year, no one will care anymore. And no one has to blow up their cap.

Archived