Draft Mock 3.14

Minnesota needs an OT, and when SEA passes on Ryan Ramczyk, the Vikings make the trade to get back into the first round. KC takes their 47th pick (coin flip with Indy), and 80th pick, plus swap their 86 for KC's comp pick 104, and the 245th pick.

Rd 1 pick 27

Rd 2 pick 47 Jarrad Davis ILB

Rd 2 pick 59 Tim Williams Edge

Rd 3 pick 80 Will Holden G/T

Rd 3 pick 86 Martavius Adams NT

Rd 3 pick 91 Jarrad Evans QB

Trade KC moves up to Rd 4 pick 126. Gives TB 142 plus their Rd 6 pick 218, and Rd7 pick 245

Rd 4 pick 126 Samaje Perine RB

Rd 4 pick 142

Rd 5 pick 170 Cole Luke CB

Rd 5 pick 180 Joshua Dobbs QB/WR

Rd 6 pick 216 *Stevie Tu'ikolovatu  NT

Rd 6 pick 218 *

Rd 7 pick 245

* discrepancy due to failure to consider forfeited picks

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do you have us losing our 7th round pick?

I included it in my proposed trade to move back up. Evidently, I failed to disclose this information. I will update it to include this. I had to make the trade values resemble values.

By the way, I threw it together at 4 A.M. So, I should not be held responsible for errors. However, if that is the only error, I did good.

I don't see the top rated Tackle in the draft making it to 27.

Well, it is a bit premature. However, had Ryan Ramczyk not been injured, he may have been a top fifteen pick. Minnesota desperately needs a LT. Seattle does too. So, there will, as always, be a push to draft Tackles higher than projected.

Jarrad Davis is an interesting pick. He has been terrific when healthy. So, is it a good choice to go there early? Should he be taken later, due to his injuries in the past two seasons?

To me, he looks like a tremendous talent. I think his attitude, and drive makes him better.

I think if the Chiefs were going ILB with the top pick, I'd favor Haason Reddick.

Think you're taking Evans too early and I like Adams, but I have a feeling he's gonna shoot up some board soon.  Got a chance to see more film on him and he looks more like a 2nd round talent to me, maybe late first.

It all depends on what teams needs are, and how they evaluate talent.

Based upon potential, I favor Davis. I may be biased. My niece attends Florida in Gainesville, and my parents have become U of F football fans. My sister, brother in law, and parents go to a few games, and they watch their games.

Evans may surprise a few people at the combine.

Rd 1 pick 27 Takarrist McKinley Edge OLB - replaces Tamba Hali in a year or two

Rd 2 pick 59 Dalvin Tomlinson DT/NT - replaces Poe

Rd 3 pick 91 Will Holden Swing Tackle - replaces Jah Reid Jarrad Evans QB

Rd 3 pick 104 Nathan Peterman QB - replaces either Bray or Foles

Rd 4 pick 132 Jerod Evans QB/TE/WR - replaces either Bray or Foles, and can become a pass catching TE

Rd 5 pick 170 Kendell Beckwith MLB - back up to Alexander ACL in bowl game drops his value

Rd 5 pick 180  Connor Harris MLB - backs up Ramik Wilson

Rd 6 pick 218  DeAngelo Brown NT - practice team

Rd 6 pick 220  Jordan Morgan G/C - eventually replaces Zach Fulton

Rd 7 pick 245 Austin Rehkow P - possible replacement for Colquitt

Some notes on the Combine

OL - Pocic - Looked very natural. Can play all five

OL - Robinson - Better than I expected. Can play G or T - long arms 35 1/2"

G - Moton - Powerful G, who was used as RT last year - long arms 34 1/8"

G - Isidora - Athletic G, who can block in space. Needs work in weight roomOL

OL - Lamp - 5 position player, with power, and agility. 32 1/4" arms

G - Asiata - R or L Guard. Tough, Powerful. 33 3/4" arms

OL -Collins G/T Athletic, Quick, Developmental Prospect  33 3/8" arms

OL - Garcia G/T Quick feet, Nasty disposition, Needs to add weight 33 3/8" arms

Running backs

First round

1. Fournette is the best back in this class. He double caught passes. He just wasn't given the opportunity to catch the ball much. I think he will become better with practice. His primary job will be to carry the rock, rather than catch it.

2. Calvin Cook is going to be very good. He has flexible hips, and quickness. He seems to have soft hands. He is my second RB

3. Christian McCaffery is a natural pass catcher. I like how he sets up the move, sells it, and powers through the break. He seems to have a natural sense of space. He will make a good QB even better.

Second Round

1. D'Onta Foreman is a big, athletic back, who has a good feel for the game. More finesse than expected for his size. Wish I would have seen his 40, but anything under 4.65 is acceptable. Big hands, and should be a decent receiver for a big running back.

2. Brian Hill is a smooth running back. Never seemed to press. Not much of a pass catcher in college.

Third Round

1. Alvan Kamara is getting a lot of press. He didn't play much, and he has some character issues. Although he was a good pass catcher, he does not have good vision, and underperformed. I'd stay away.

2. Jeremy McNichols is short, and stocky from the hips up. He is an inside runner, who has plenty of speed, and good pass catching ability.

3. Kareem Hunt Sturdy build, shot and stocky. Seems to have decent hands, and has good football instincts. Some character issues.

4. Marlon Mack is a sneaky fast runner who has good vision, and slippery moves. A really good pass catcher. High value pick.

5. Samaje Perine Bull dozer, hard working, no nonsense running back, who just gets the job done. Better pass catching instincts than I previously thought. Great attitude.

Fourth Round

1. Elijah Hood - may be a full back. Blocks good. Sturdy. Not fast, not quick.

2. Tarik Cohen - Quick

3. Wayne Gallman

4. Jamaal Williams

5. T J Logan

Fifth Round

1. De'Angelo Henderson

2. James Conner

3. Justin Davis

4. Corey Clement

5. Aaron Jones

Sixth Round

1. Stanley Williams

Denver Broncos really need to draft a LT. Garett Bolles makes too much sense for them not to take him. He is clearly the best LT in the draft. LT is a position of need, especially if the Broncos part way with Okung. However, John Elway has been speaking with Ed McCaffrey, who won two of his three Super Bowl rings with Denver. His son, Christian McCaffrey, is going to be a dynamic player in the NFL. It wasn't until I got a good look at his skill set that I became aware of how good he is. He is a slot receiver in the NFL, who can take a few snaps at RB. The kid is special.

It would take a lot to move up (probably have to move to 17, where Tennessee sits), but it may be worth making a deal. Tennessee needs a WR too, but their need is more for an outside threat, than a slot receiver. The Titans have the 5th overall, in addition to the 17th. They seem pleased with DeMarco Murray, and he will be under contract for two years. I expect them to take either Hooker or Adams with their first pick (safety). Tennessee has a ton of cap space. They could be in the market for Alshon Jeffrey, DeShean Jackson, or Pierre Garcon. I doubt they will take another chance on Kenny Britt. The Titans are also said to be exploring a trade for Cooks. The Titans next biggest need will be at CB, and they need at least two, maybe three. McCourty is really their only corner with NFL ability. Sidney Jones will likely be gone before Tennessee gets to the podium the second time. Tabor, Wilson, White, and Witherspoon, and Conley will be available in the late 1st round to 2nd round. There will likely be no between 17, and 26, but what they could take with the Chiefs' pick at 27. In addition, they don't currently have a 2nd round pick.

The Chiefs will have to give up a lot to get McCaffery, but it may make sense. First, McCaffrey plays in space, and provides an easy target for the QB. He can open up the field for Maclin, and Conley. He can also take a few snaps at RB, and perhaps run back a few kicks. This will allow Tyreek Hill to be able to play more WR, and really open up the offense.

Rd 1 pick 17 Christian McCaffrey  RB/WR

Rd 2 Traded to Tennessee plus Phillip Gaines

Rd 3 pick 91 Jordan Willis or Ryan Anderson OLB

Rd 3 pick 103 Ethan Pocic G/C/T

Rd 4 pick 132 Jerod Evans QB/WR/H-Back

Rd 5 pick 170 Cole Luke CB

Rd 5 pick 180 Connor Harris ILB

Rd 6 pick 216 Kyle Kalis OG

Rd 6 pick 218 Elijah McGuire RB/ST

Rd 7 pick 240 Corey Levin OG

Poe goes to Atlanta. KC signs FA Kendell Reyes to a 2 year $3.5M contract. He was adequate at NT, and KC returns Jaye Howard. 

I'm not as high on McCaffrey as others. I think that if you want a gadget player like him, Curtis Samuel will give you more bang for your buck.

Everyone really is under rating this guy.

He's no gadget back imo

If he is projected to be a slot WR, why move 10 spots to get him? I am confused.

Where would you take Edelman now, if you had an inkling he would be that good? McCaffery has better ball skills than Edelman, and his pre-draft measurables mimic what Edelman did. Plus, he is taller, and bigger.

Bucky Hodges just ran a fast 40. I expected he would be fast, but he was even better than I presumed. 6'6" tall, 257 pounds, and still ran a sub 4.6 40. Also impressive was his 39 inch vertical, and 134 inch broad jump. How would defense match up against Kelce and Hodges, if the Chiefs selected him? Likely, not well.

These TEs are a lot faster this year. It's a much better year for that position than last year. That is why you go for the best value in the draft over positional need.

Adam Shaheen weighed in at 278 pounds, and still ran a decent 40. What impressed me was his ability to catch the sideline pass, and toe tap both feet in bounds. Very hard to do for a big man to have that kind of agility. He has soft hands. Those are things you cannot teach. He can be taught to be a better blocker. Tony G was horrible at blocking, but figured it out. A man that size with the ability to catch the ball over his shoulder is impossible to defend.

Bucky Hodges just ran a fast 40. I expected he would be fast, but he was even better than I presumed. 6'6" tall, 257 pounds, and still ran a sub 4.6 40. Also impressive was his 39 inch vertical, and 134 inch broad jump. How would defense match up against Kelce and Hodges, if the Chiefs selected him? Likely, not well.

These TEs are a lot faster this year. It's a much better year for that position than last year. That is why you go for the best value in the draft over positional need.

Adam Shaheen weighed in at 278 pounds, and still ran a decent 40. What impressed me was his ability to catch the sideline pass, and toe tap both feet in bounds. Very hard to do for a big man to have that kind of agility. He has soft hands. Those are things you cannot teach. He can be taught to be a better blocker. Tony G was horrible at blocking, but figured it out. A man that size with the ability to catch the ball over his shoulder is impossible to defend.

not if the QB doesn't throw well enough..

Archived