Draft Mock 3.14

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. In the four years since Flacco got his new contract, the Ravens have gone 30-30 with Joe Flacco starting, going 1-1 in the post-season.

Is Flacco elite?

I'm not going to argue who's elite or not elite at QB in this thread per se, but when it comes to Flacco my answer is no. 

who designed that website, it offends my eyes lol

and Kiper is stupid.  Zay Jones isn't a first round talent.

Emory Hunt is a good evaluator of talent. His web posts are not slick. However, he knows a lot about football, and puts in tons of time putting this stuff out.

The way I watch this is I click on one of the videos, and find where it is posted on youtube.com. Then as I forward through his setups, which are rather arduous, and get to the meat. He evaluates thousands of athletes,posts about 500 of these evaluations. If you want to skip the final half, you can click on another video, and not deal with that amount of detail.

If that happens, it would not suck. This guy makes big man catches. The last time the Chiefs have had a WO like that was.. never, not in recent years.

If that happens, it would not suck. This guy makes big man catches. The last time the Chiefs have had a WO like that was.. never, not in recent years.

My feeling is Chiefs would rather go defense, but there will be some nice first round offensive talent left on the board at 27. A Corey Davis or Dalvin Cook would be hard to pass on...

He could be like the Anquan Boldin Alex Smith needs with more speed. Maclin, can be the Crabtree. We need a strong receiver who can change the game physically. We've never had it..Bowe had size but was soft.

Dorsey, has built so much depth within this roster. Honestly, haven't been this excited for a draft since ...well, ever. Best player available is a luxury the Chiefs have in this draft. We are pretty much stacked everywhere except for LBs. Even if we went offense for the 27th pick there still would be plenty of defensive talent left and I'm sure a Jarrad Davis might fall to us in the 2nd. Dorsey, has a keen eye for defensive talent...This may be an epic draft for the Chiefs which puts us over the top.

There is a lot of talent in this draft. The bad news is there is a lot of talent in this draft for other teams too. I trust Dorsey in navigating the draft, and getting the best deals for the Chiefs. It is more than round one.

Yea your right E..this is more than just 1 round but the first round is the MUST HIT round and the round that usually gets GM's hired or fired.

The luxury of being bad is having a higher draft pick, but that too can be a curse. Higher draft picks are more expensive. Of course, teams can keep a high price pick (QB) more reasonably priced for five years, if taken in the first round. However, if you take picks at 27, there is very little difference between that, and high 2nd round pick.

Failing teams often draft poorly, and their management are at a higher risk of being fired. I hardly believe Dorsey or Reid are going to be fired. I hope they get signed. Their contracts end next year.

Yea your right E..this is more than just 1 round but the first round is the MUST HIT round and the round that usually gets GM's hired or fired.

Doesn't have to be first round.  The Chiefs traded out of the first last year and ended up with Jones, Ehgler, Robinson, and Hill.  If the  players they are targeting are gone by #27, then trading down for their second choice is good strategy.  One of the top four QBs will probably be available early in the second and the draft is deep in RBs and LBs this year.  The options are exciting and the Chiefs have enough draft choices to package to get some good players.  I'm thinking trading the second and third for a higher second.  They'd still have thirds at the end of the round.

If you want a top QB, then it is better to draft him in the first round. A QB drafted in the second round has a 4 year contract, whereas a rookie drafted in the first round is honored with a 5 year rookie contract. It is almost a blessing for a QB to be drafted with the 33rd pick than the 32nd (Except for the fact they would go to Cleveland to die).

There are players in this draft, 4th, and 5th rounds, who will be key players, and starters in the NFL. According to WalterFootball (just picking a mock draft, not necessarily the best) Jarrad Davis is going 53, and Tim Williams is 59. Typical draft trade charts apportion those two picks to be worth the same as pick 27. Is Deshaun Watson (huge risk) worth as much as Jarrad Davis, and Tim Williams combined? If Watson turns into a top ten QB, maybe. If he washes out, then it is likely the 2 second round picks would be preferable.

As a side note WF has Corey Davis going to the Cowpokes at 28. I would take Corey Davis over Watson. I think a lot of these QBs will be funneled out of the NFL before not too long. I just don't see the talent.

He could be like the Anquan Boldin Alex Smith needs with more speed. Maclin, can be the Crabtree. We need a strong receiver who can change the game physically. We've never had it..Bowe had size but was soft.

I don't think he was soft at all. He used to break tackles and run fools over. (When he caught it)

I wouldn't bother spending high capital on offensive weapons for our completely average QB. Will just be more wasted potential for 3500yrds/15TD

Better to have an average QB and a great supporting cast than an average QB, a future possibility bench warming QB and lesser support offense.  There's not high odds on any of this year's QB class being more than an average starter.  Maybe one will surprise and become the next Otto Graham, but most will fall through the cracks.  Unless the Chiefs get the QB they want, drafting one high just to fill a square is foolishness.

Better to have an average QB and a great supporting cast than an average QB, a future possibility bench warming QB and lesser support offense.  There's not high odds on any of this year's QB class being more than an average starter.  Maybe one will surprise and become the next Otto Graham, but most will fall through the cracks.  Unless the Chiefs get the QB they want, drafting one high just to fill a square is foolishness.

Good to know you've already determined how each QB will progress through their careers.

That doesn't change the fact that Alex Smith is a 3200-3600 yd passer with a ceiling of 20 TD's regardless of how much talent he does or doesn't have, it seems.  Better served loading up on Defense to keep the points totals low.

Until they have a new starter to groom or in place, they are building around Alex.  Does it have to be a first round choice?  No.  But blowing a flyer on Saturday has given them absolutely nothing to this point.

Archived