135 Dak Prescott

139 Cardale Jones

162 Kevin Hogan

187 Nate Sudfield

191 Jake Rudock

201 Brandon Allen

207 Jeff Driskel

223 Brandon Doughty

How are you going to get the same result from Davis Webb that you would get from Mahomes, the QB that took his starting job away from him?

What does that have to do with anything?  They are both raw, have big arms, shitty footwork, and played in an air raid system.  I like Mahomes better, but he is a few years of development away from possibly starting in the NFL.  Same with Webb. 

No one, including you, know how their game will translate to the NFL.  So, you probably get the same result.

First: Alex Smith is not perfect. Far from it. Let's get that out there. Alright?

Next: Whomever is drafted for QB this year is likely to not start or suck. They are all worse than Alex Smith at this point.

Three: It is not as easy as deciding to draft a QB high. Most do not work out in the NFL.

In fact, there are only a few QBs who are worth their salaries, and most of them are nearing the end of their useful life in the NFL.

Finally Four: There will be a price paid for any team picking a QB in the first round, and it not working out. It usually takes three years to recover from a first round blunder.

A top notch QB is the best path to the Superbowl. It isn't as easy as deciding to make it happen. A lot of luck (not Luck) comes into play.

1. It's not about being perfect; Alex or any QB doesn't have to be perfect.

The problem is Alex is suppose to be at his peak, but he's declining. Major red flag.

2. Well yeah, that's a given.

3. A lot of players at a lot of positions don't work out. How long has the narrative been that first round guards are safe as hell? A lot of recent first round Guards going bust.

Tackles bust. Linebackers bust. Runningbacks bust. Corners and Safties bust.

The era of rookie first round QBs getting 70 million contracts is over.

Can the Chiefs drafted QB bust? Yeah it's possible. It sucks, but you'll get more picks in the future to try again.

4. Nonsense. The Broncos went from a bust QB to a Super Bowl squad quickly.

The Broncos are in your own division and nobody has picked up on what seperates the Broncos and John Elways from the Chiefs.

They don't settle with what they've got. Sure they'll get it wrong eventually, but they'll just go back and do it again. We find merely okay and try to convince ourselves that somehow it'll work it (spoiler: it won't) and that we can't do any better.

If they don't feel there's a kid worth taking at 27 than they are in a hell of a lot of trouble.

A declining Alex isn't going to do it and his salary is going to have a big hand in a roster implosion in 2018.

What does that have to do with anything? They are both raw, have big arms, shitty footwork, and played in an air raid system. I like Mahomes better, but he is a few years of development away from possibly starting in the NFL. Same with Webb.

No one, including you, know how their game will translate to the NFL. So, you probably get the same result.

Mahomes is a much better athlete with better arm talent. His problems are 90% mechanics need refining.

I didn't see Webb make progressions like Mahomes made. A bit worse with anticipation, too. Not really mobile and threw like shit a lot when he had to throw on the run.

Kliff is a terrible coach, but can evaluate QB talent. Mahomes is a better QB.

Webb reminds me too much of Nick Foles.

A side note...

Trent Green floated around the NFL and CFL without many stats, and a lot of time on either the bench or on the practice team. He really didn't see the field until 1998, when Heath Shuler was unimpressive, and Gus Frerotte was either injured or played poorly. Green went on to start 14 games for over 3400 yards, and a QBR rating of 81.8. Trent Green was 28 years of age, and this was his first true taste of success at any professional football level. Green was an UFA, and signed a huge contract to play for the Rams. He was impressive in preseason, but during a meaningless game at San Diego, Green's knee was almost entirely destroyed. He sat behind an unknown Arena Football player Kurt Warner. Warner never relinquished the starting spot. In 2001, at the age of 31,

Green followed Dick Vermeil to Kansas City. His knee was still gimpy, but he started, and fans began to call him TrINT for the interceptions he threw. Many believed he was a lost cause. The 2002 preseason started auspiciously. He threw five interceptions in the final two games, and finished the preseason with barely a 50% completion rate. He was baaaddd in his second regular season game, a home game against Jacksonville. Two more interceptions, and a passer rating of 55.7. Jason Whitlock went on the radio, and bashed TrINT's performance. The season ended out of the playoffs with an even record of 8 wins, and losses. He wasn't as horrible as his first season, but the fans were still not impressed. Trent Green was 33 years old, and hadn't shown the success fans hoped for.

Trent Green went on to win 13 games, and got his team into the playoffs (which they lost) to Indianapolis in a game that featured no punts for the Colts. Green went to the pro-bowl, and finished his career with a respectable 28,475 yards thrown. He went to the pro-bowl again in 2005. Although he was unable to get his team to win a playoff game, he was an effective quarterback. He  retired at age 38.

I set the stage on purpose. Look at the quarterbacks picked since the beginning of the 21st century. Look at my little story about Trent Green. What points am I intending to get across? Think about it..

I set the stage on purpose. Look at the quarterbacks picked since the beginning of the 21st century. Look at my little story about Trent Green. What points am I intending to get across? Think about it..

You're appealing to logic. Some people don't accept logic.

There are several things that can be taken from the information I provided.

Yes, we do not know what Tyler Bray can do, because he has done next to nothing. He is a mystery. However, he is not a lost cause. That is Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Kevin Hogan, Ricky Stanzi, James Kilien, Pat Barnes, Todd Blackledge, Matt Blundin, Steve Stenstrom, Doug Hudson, Bob Gagliano, Danny McManus, Mike Elkins... Aaron Murray. How do we know that? Those other guys are no longer in the picture, and Tyler Bray remains on the team. I don't know if he will be anything, start any games, play in any official games, or even be on the team in 2017. What I do know is he has somehow remained with the team for four years, and is going for 5.

Is Tyler Bray the great hope for the Chiefs? Probably not. However, we have yet to close the book on him. He has ideal size, a very good arm, and was once considered a top candidate to be drafted high in the NFL (before he screwed it all up). So, Bray is Andy Reid's project. We don't know what Reid knows, and he isn't saying.

That is one angle. There are about five others, maybe more. Keep digging.

How come nobody ever points out that KC never punted either in that game? They tend to focus on the fact that Indy never punted. If I am not mistaken that was the Phantom Gonzo push off in the end zone another thing nobody ever tends to talk about.

That game was brutal. My wife reminds me not to brag to my dad. He was a Colts fan, and it always seems to bite me in the rear.

How come nobody ever points out that KC never punted either in that game? They tend to focus on the fact that Indy never punted. If I am not mistaken that was the Phantom Gonzo push off in the end zone another thing nobody ever tends to talk about.

And huge johnnie Morton drop

Recent mocks have the Chiefs taking Watson, Mahomes, McCaffrey, Cook, Corey Davis, Kizer, Tabor (yuck), Tre'Davious White, and Zach Cunningham. All of this only means the NFL draft is in sight, and things are normal.

Archived