Draft Mock 3.14

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their reasoning shows they don't watch any of the games. At all.

Meh.  I would have no problem with Moreau, or some of the other corners.  Mitchell has a very small sample size and Nelson primarily plays the slot.  Dorsey likes him some corners.  I could see him taking one early.

Meh.  I would have no problem with Moreau, or some of the other corners.  Mitchell has a very small sample size and Nelson primarily plays the slot.  Dorsey likes him some corners.  I could see him taking one early.

I'm not saying they couldn't go corner, but the #2 CB spot paled in comparison to the super leaky run Defense.

Mitchell covered some damn good players. No way I would go corner.

I agree, but I don't think they can afford to give him some real money.  The Chiefs are in serious cap trouble in 2018.

Not sure how many people know that the Chiefs will have only 44 players on the roster and around 5 million in cap space (if they keep all 10 draft picks this year).  They are in a real bad spot for 2018.

Now granted, they can work their way up to 64 million in space cutting guys like Alex, DJ, Hali, Maclin, Parker, Reid, Harris and Bailey.  Would Dorsey do that extreme of cutting?  Probably not.  But, they'll have to figure out how to keep some of the pending 36 FA's.

I really like Nelson as slot corner. D J White may surprise a lot of people in his second season. Philip Gaines has not been able to stay healthy, but was impressive before the series of injuries slowed him. As long as the Chiefs can play deep safety, Terrance Mitchell may be good enough.

Considering Derrick Johnson's age, and injury, the Chiefs have to find a LILB. Ramik Wilson seems like a sturdy back up, but I have yet to see anything that shouts starting RILB to me. He has to have a lot more sand in the pants. My guess is he is a tweener, and the Chiefs need a banger at RILB. So, I see two really important openings at MLB

Ford has shown me he has a quick first step, and not much more. Tamba has been more than the sum of his parts until recently. Now Tamba is just getting old. The Chiefs may need an OLB to replace Ford. They definitely will need a OLB to replace Hali. I sure hope Justin Houston is healthy this year.

Corner is not a priority. If they can get a steal in 2nd or 3rd rounds, you have to make that move. Otherwise, it does not play to the strength of the draft to pick a CB at 27.

I agree, but I don't think they can afford to give him some real money.  The Chiefs are in serious cap trouble in 2018.

Not sure how many people know that the Chiefs will have only 44 players on the roster and around 5 million in cap space (if they keep all 10 draft picks this year).  They are in a real bad spot for 2018.

Now granted, they can work their way up to 64 million in space cutting guys like Alex, DJ, Hali, Maclin, Parker, Reid, Harris and Bailey.  Would Dorsey do that extreme of cutting?  Probably not.  But, they'll have to figure out how to keep some of the pending 36 FA's.

This is Derrick Johnson's last year. I can't imagine a scenario where despite two ruptured Achilles tendons, Johnson can play up to the value of $8 million in found money. Tamba Hali won't be here either; he's already proven that he's got nothing left in the tank. Jah Reid is on the roster bubble this year. Allen Bailey's 2018 cap number could leave him vulnerable if the Chiefs hit on a defensive end this year.

The Chiefs are not in a bad spot in 2018. A lot of those contracts simply won't exist.

This is Derrick Johnson's last year. I can't imagine a scenario where despite two ruptured Achilles tendons, Johnson can play up to the value of $8 million in found money. Tamba Hali won't be here either; he's already proven that he's got nothing left in the tank. Jah Reid is on the roster bubble this year. Allen Bailey's 2018 cap number could leave him vulnerable if the Chiefs hit on a defensive end this year.

The Chiefs are not in a bad spot in 2018. A lot of those contracts simply won't exist.

They are in bad shape for 2018, even if they cut those guys.

They can fix that by making an extra cut, a cut that will certainly send you posting somewhere else.

I really like Nelson as slot corner. D J White may surprise a lot of people in his second season. Philip Gaines has not been able to stay healthy, but was impressive before the series of injuries slowed him. As long as the Chiefs can play deep safety, Terrance Mitchell may be good enough.

Considering Derrick Johnson's age, and injury, the Chiefs have to find a LILB. Ramik Wilson seems like a sturdy back up, but I have yet to see anything that shouts starting RILB to me. He has to have a lot more sand in the pants. My guess is he is a tweener, and the Chiefs need a banger at RILB. So, I see two really important openings at MLB

Ford has shown me he has a quick first step, and not much more. Tamba has been more than the sum of his parts until recently. Now Tamba is just getting old. The Chiefs may need an OLB to replace Ford. They definitely will need a OLB to replace Hali. I sure hope Justin Houston is healthy this year.

Corner is not a priority. If they can get a steal in 2nd or 3rd rounds, you have to make that move. Otherwise, it does not play to the strength of the draft to pick a CB at 27.

If I'm serious on going defense. I'll draft Charles Harris at 27 to replace Dee Ford's busty no-run defense ass. If available....I'd trade up in the early second to grab Jarrad Davis of Florida. OLB & ILB problems solved for the next half decade.

If I'm serious on going defense. I'll draft Charles Harris at 27 to replace Dee Ford's busty no-run defense ass. If available....I'd trade up in the early second to grab Jarrad Davis of Florida. OLB & ILB problems solved for the next half decade.

Harris IS Dee Ford. Give me McKinley or Watt. Or wait until the 2nd and take Bowser or Basham.

I do like Davis.

Harris IS Dee Ford. Give me McKinley or Watt. Or wait until the 2nd and take Bowser or Basham.

I do like Davis.

Looks pretty stout against the run. I think Harris has more upside than Ford, that's just me speaking. I think Ford has hit his ceiling.

Archived