Nick Mangold being released

The guy is 33, but hasn't allowed a sack in 33 games. Still a stud...would you look into him and move Morse to guard? I know that's were he primarily played in college...but I'd hate to stunt Morse's growth at center as well. I'm coming to the realization that Poe won't be with us this year, so there are cap dollars to play with...maybe work a last minute trade involving Alex Smith or Nick Foles before they let him go...

The guy is 33, but hasn't allowed a sack in 33 games. Still a stud...would you look into him and move Morse to guard? I know that's were he primarily played in college...but I'd hate to stunt Morse's growth at center as well. ...

I believ Morse was Missouri's LT his last year, G the year before, C the year befor that. I can't see Morse going to G. Mangold is a lot bigger than Morse so if anything Mangold to G but it would have to be cheap.

Morse never played guard in college. Started as Center and was quickly moved to right tackle due to injuries and some snapping issues.

Played at right tackle until his senior year then took over at left tackle for Britt.

Leave Morse at center. He is too small for a guard. He's right where he needs to be.

Morse never played guard in college. Started as Center and was quickly moved to right tackle due to injuries and some snapping issues.

Played at right tackle until his senior year then took over at left tackle for Britt.

Leave Morse at center. He is too small for a guard. He's right where he needs to be.

I don't understand the logic of moving Morse to the G position. He has short arms, and is undersized for a G. His size has not hurt him at Center. In fact, he may be in the top five of NFL Centers. Why move him now? It makes zero sense.

The Chiefs need to find a decent swing player on the line. Zach Fulton should not be starting. Jah Reid showed me why Baltimore was willing to let him go. I think the Chiefs may need an upgrade in depth, or maybe someone to play LG (in case Ehinger is not physically fit to return).

If Fish, Ehinger, Morse, LDT, and Schwartz can put an entire season together, they may become a top ten OL in the NFL. LDT and Schwartz started developing quite a good report with each other by the end of the season.

I don't understand the logic of moving Morse to the G position. He has short arms, and is undersized for a G. His size has not hurt him at Center. In fact, he may be in the top five of NFL Centers. Why move him now? It makes zero sense.

The Chiefs need to find a decent swing player on the line. Zach Fulton should not be starting. Jah Reid showed me why Baltimore was willing to let him go. I think the Chiefs may need an upgrade in depth, or maybe someone to play LG (in case Ehinger is not physically fit to return).

If Fish, Ehinger, Morse, LDT, and Schwartz can put an entire season together, they may become a top ten OL in the NFL. LDT and Schwartz started developing quite a good report with each other by the end of the season.

Agree E. It's not like good guards are that hard to find.

Agree E. It's not like good guards are that hard to find.

The Chiefs should grab one on day two.  I like their starters, but if one goes down, Fulton isn't the answer.  Maybe they can get a guard that is versatile enough to back up several line positions.

I couldn't even force an argument for keeping him. He sucks.

Maybe he has pictures of Andy Reid, and a huge stack of ribs. I don't know. He was a lot better in 2015, after Baltimore gave up on him. Jah Reid should be better. He has character defects, and that sometimes affects performance on the field.

Maybe he has pictures of Andy Reid, and a huge stack of ribs. I don't know. He was a lot better in 2015, after Baltimore gave up on him. Jah Reid should be better. He has character defects, and that sometimes affects performance on the field.

He has 'Do Your Job' defects. In a big way.

He should be better. I can't say why he's not. Neither could the Ravens. And I think the Chiefs are close to throwing in the towel on him, too.

Archived