Alex Smith Perfect Fit For Jets Offense

Average Alex. We have him because we are incapable of getting anything better. In order to replace AA we need a QB with the following qualifications: Throw a bubble screen and an occasional slant, bail too soon under light pressure without standing in to look downfield for 2nd read, must have a quick release when throwing to the check down.

Very hard to replace.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Ross was mocked to the Chiefs at 27. People compared him to Will Fuller. I remained silent for two reasons. One, I did not think Ross would land with the Chiefs. Two, the comparison between Fuller, and Ross is rather shallow. Ross is about twenty pounds heavier, and an inch shorter. He is also more than a one trick pony, who only knows to go fast. John Ross has the entire route tree at Washington. He is a much more NFL ready wide out. There is just no comparison.

If John Ross falls to the Chiefs at 27, and KC ends up with Peterman later in this draft or Allen in the next, the Chiefs will have one explosive offense.

No way Ross slides that far after breaking the record.

I didn't think it would happen anyway, even if he skipped the combine. He may not be a household name around the MidWest, but I guarantee you the scouts know the deal. Mike Williams played in an explosive offense with Watson throwing to him. Ross played for Washington, and caught passes from Jake Browning. Browning is the guy that took over for Matty Mauk, after Mauk graduated from HS. It's more that Ross made Browning than Browning had anything to do with Ross' success.

I thought that there was potential he could possibly slide over durability concerns, but some team is going to ignore it and go for that speed.

He always looked damn fast on the field, but I didn't see 4.22 coming. Scary part is he looked a little gimpy before he finished that sprint and could have possibly gone faster.

Ross is a more polished Tyreek Hill.  Al Davis would trade his entire draft to move up to number 1 and draft him.  :D

I wonder if they could check for seismic activity around Al Davis' grave. I am sure he is turning somersaults.

• 5 months later...

Agreed. It wouldn't make since to let him go this year.

We either get a young QB to learn for a year or go after a vet next year or extend Smith next year. You can't get rid of him without a viable alternative. This regime is way to smart to do that.

Since what?

Archived