Alex Smith Perfect Fit For Jets Offense

You have seen the best of Alex Smith, it's all downhill from here, so the Chiefs can either be proactive or reactive.

absofucknlutly. Smith is solid and he has reached his ceiling IMO but I just dont see him being "the man".  If he  plays for the Chiefs  next year I'm ok with it but  it'll be hard to expect anything more than these last two years in overall team  production.the team needs to be looking way down the road.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically, the Chiefs could become the team that was on the field in the playoffs this year sans the free safety, but have a bunch of cap space for their replacements?

Sign me up.

so you think overpaying for a bunch of FA's is the answer?

I believe he thinks that they can be replaced in the draft and by those who have filled in and got us to the 12-4 record, but I might be wrong. Now, that wouldn't include Berry, of course, so I don't know where he's going there. Poe also played most snaps, but his replacement is how far behind him? Honest question because I really don't know. DJ will be better in time or he's through (career)? Someone filled in for him, but it wasn't good in playoff game.

Chiefs are building for a Championship.

Dorsey has shown that he knows what he is doing. 

I see this team as a "couple of pieces away". 

Lots of big moves are already on the table.

Charles, Berry, Poe...

Lot's of questions are also out there.

DJ's Health, Baily and Howard, both Guard positions, ILB's..

w

Charles, Berry, Poe...

w

w

The double w signature. You're serious about this :)

The 70's from the Christmas Day game until the late  80's under Marty .....were more than a few pieces away....

Then we had a couple of great years with Vermeil and we were only "a defense away"

Today's Chiefs are the most competitive team we have had since Joe Montana.

Also, don't forget that many folks wanted to trade Rich Gannon away as well.....we all know how that turned out.

No one here has any real inside info....just opinions.

w

Todd Hailey was bold. Came in and shook things up. Said he could improve the team with 22 guys off the street. Cleaveland is bold.

Every team is a few pieces short. I would not be happy if we decided to fire Alex Smith and bring in Sanchez. It would be bold though.

Take what's there and don't panic. We lost by two points against Pitts. Last year we lost by 7 against the Pats. It sucks, but radical changes are more likely to set us back than move us forward.

Todd Hailey was bold. Came in and shook things up. Said he could improve the team with 22 guys off the street. Cleaveland is bold.

Every team is a few pieces short. I would not be happy if we decided to fire Alex Smith and bring in Sanchez. It would be bold though.

Take what's there and don't panic. We lost by two points against Pitts. Last year we lost by 7 against the Pats. It sucks, but radical changes are more likely to set us back than move us forward.

I said bold not stupid

The Chiefs could lose DJ, EB, JC, DP, and TH is short order. These were the leaders on the team. Without them this team becomes known for Kelce, and Peters as the leaders. Huge drop off. The Chiefs need to do something fast. This team could turn south, and burn like Atlanta, the one in the movies that was a speed bump for Sherman

So basically, the Chiefs could become the team that was on the field in the playoffs this year sans the free safety, but have a bunch of cap space for their replacements?

Sign me up.

I believe he thinks that they can be replaced in the draft and by those who have filled in and got us to the 12-4 record, but I might be wrong. Now, that wouldn't include Berry, of course, so I don't know where he's going there. Poe also played most snaps, but his replacement is how far behind him? Honest question because I really don't know. DJ will be better in time or he's through (career)? Someone filled in for him, but it wasn't good in playoff game.

I definitely didn't mean paying for a bunch of free agents.

What I was saying is this: Against the Steelers, Dontari Poe wasn't worth much when he was on the field, Tamba Hali was hardly on the field at all, and Derrick Johnson and Jamaal Charles didn't even play. The only player from that group of five that was worth anything was Eric Berry, a safety. Who needs leaders that aren't on the field, especially when the depth isn't talented enough to benefit from motivation by said leaders? The only one worth anything didn't play a position that could've made a difference to a defense that couldn't defend against runs between the tackles.

The Chiefs spent almost $30 million on those five players. $22 million in cap room for the 2017 season is assigned to the three of those players that played fewer than 10 snaps in the playoffs, and whose best days are far behind them. There's a tremendous amount of sentimentality clouding the minds of those here who think that in 2017, Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, and Derrick Johnson could make a difference: They weren't difference-makers in 2016.

There are plenty of leaders left on the Chiefs after erasing everyone on eraser's list.

I definitely didn't mean paying for a bunch of free agents.

What I was saying is this: Against the Steelers, Dontari Poe wasn't worth much when he was on the field, Tamba Hali was hardly on the field at all, and Derrick Johnson and Jamaal Charles didn't even play. The only player from that group of five that was worth anything was Eric Berry, a safety. Who needs leaders that aren't on the field, especially when the depth isn't talented enough to benefit from motivation by said leaders? The only one worth anything didn't play a position that could've made a difference to a defense that couldn't defend against runs between the tackles.

The Chiefs spent almost $30 million on those five players. $22 million in cap room for the 2017 season is assigned to the three of those players that played fewer than 10 snaps in the playoffs, and whose best days are far behind them. There's a tremendous amount of sentimentality clouding the minds of those here who think that in 2017, Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, and Derrick Johnson could make a difference: They weren't difference-makers in 2016.

There are plenty of leaders left on the Chiefs after erasing everyone on eraser's list.

understood but I disagree with DJ .  He was a difference maker until his injury

understood but I disagree with DJ .  He was a difference maker until his injury

My comments were limited to the context of the post-season. Johnson was part of the reason the Chiefs were 12-4. His absence was a big part of the reason the Chiefs were one-and-done in the post-season. His being a "leader" wasn't enough to help his backups deal with being physically outmatched by their opponents. But after a second Achilles tear, he just isn't going to be a difference-maker any longer, either in the regular season or in the post-season.

My comments were limited to the context of the post-season. Johnson was part of the reason the Chiefs were 12-4. His absence was a big part of the reason the Chiefs were one-and-done in the post-season. His being a "leader" wasn't enough to help his backups deal with being physically outmatched by their opponents. But after a second Achilles tear, he just isn't going to be a difference-maker any longer, either in the regular season or in the post-season.

gotcha but once again you dont know that for a fact..stick to the facts or state your thoughts as  an opinion.

I am not so sure about the reported demise of DJ.

Achilles Injuries are tough, but he has proven that he can do it.

I would not write him off just yet.

w

He didn't come back completely from the first one. Now he's had a second. And he's old for even a healthy linebacker.

Charles, Berry, Poe...

w

THis is a  Superbowl Calibur team right fucking now.  They only need 1 piece!  They need a QB that plays to win, not plays to not lose.

Chiefs are there  and have been there. I dont see how they can upgrade anywhere and be under the cap that puts them over without changing the QB.  

Alex needs to play to fucking win. Chiefs are there, we arent a couple of pieces away. Its up to him.

Archived