Charles to be released

WHy would he do that?  There are so many teams out there with 100 mill in cap space, Many tems can still throw one heck of a contract at him.  I'm 99.8% sure we have seen him in Red and Gold for the last time.  Makes me sad!

I dont know..he got free $$ for almost 2 years..loyalty?  Yea I know  thats lunacy..  I wish him well unless he goes to the AFC West.

I honestly think they were waiting to sign Berry to announce this.  They knew Charles is a fan favorite, so they get to keep one favorite, and maybe they think it will lessen the blow of losing another.

Chiefs FB page announced Berry but nothing on JC....yet..... today is the day

Eric Berry's home town is Atlanta. He did not get the discount a lot of people figured he would. He got paid what he could from the Chiefs. Eric Berry has made a lot of money His rookie contract was $60 M. He was paid $10.8 M last year. If he stays the entire six years (unlikely), he will earn $78 M more. He is guaranteed to make at least $40 M of that six year contract. So, no less than $110.8 M with a minimum of 11 years, and average of $10.07M per year

Jamaal was released to help pay for Eric Berry's contract. He may have released anyway. But, JC earned way less than half of what EB earned. It does not seem right, but it is the way it goes.

First contract $27,970,000

2010  $2,003,333

2011  $4,933,333

2012  $4,833,333

2013  $4,333,333

2014  $5,233,333 voided

2015  $7,333,334 voided

Second contract

2014  $9,633,333

2015  $7,970,835

2016  $5,312,500

2017  $6,187,500 voided

Total of $40,420,000 over 7 years, which is an average of $5.774 M per season.

Eric Berry's home town is Atlanta. He did not get the discount a lot of people figured he would. He got paid what he could from the Chiefs. Eric Berry has made a lot of money His rookie contract was $60 M. He was paid $10.8 M last year. If he stays the entire six years (unlikely), he will earn $78 M more. He is guaranteed to make at least $40 M of that six year contract.

Jamaal was released to help pay for Eric Berry's contract. He may have released anyway. But, JC earned way less than half of what EB earned. It does not seem right, but it is the way it goes.

Actually if he gets all 40 of that.... depends on how the contract is structured.. 

Actually if he gets all 40 of that.... depends on how the contract is structured.. 

$40 M is guaranteed (includes the $20 M signing bonus). Unless he gets placed in prison for something horrible (which is not going to happen), then he he will be paid the guaranteed money.

It does not sit well with me. JC was my favorite. I know it makes sense to me, but not in my heart. JC gave us his all, and never put himself above the team. He will be missed. I feel terrible. Almost as bad as when DT was hurt in that terrible ice storm. I need some time, but all things heal in time.

Archived