Charles to be released

That's absurd

Holdouts are killers. They disrupt the planning of the General Manager. Jamaal Charles' cap hit jumped $4.4 million in 2014 when his prior contract (that he signed without being coerced) was voided. That's $4.4 million that could have been invested in a better offensive line than the one that featured Mike McGlynn, Zach Fulton, and Ryan Harris. That line.

Yes, Charles undermined that season. That offensive line lost more than one game that season. The Chiefs didn't have the pieces to make a deep playoff run that year, but it wouldn't have hurt to have more consecutive playoff appearances to get the younger players post-season experience and to contribute to the credibility of the Chiefs as a viable destination for players seeking a ring.

He gave us something to cheer about during a time when their wasn't much to cheer about.

Doubt it happens but it would be nice if they brought him and use him as a 3rd down back but maybe its time to move on completely.

Wish him well wherever he goes.

You're wrong yet again.

Charles didn't choose to hold out until the dawn of training camp, so that had no bearing on John Dorsey not spending money on the Offensive Line back in March.

You're so wrong all the time.

So mid-season trades never happen? The Chiefs couldn't have made a move after losing Jeff Allen in week one? Actually, they could have, if Jamaal hadn't taken the rest of the money.

Maybe if Alex took less money, because he's such a team player and swell guy, he'd have more options.

21st in the league in pay. His teams are consistently in the playoffs, and have finished in the top eight two years in a row.

But I guess it's because he's always on such great teams. I'm sure if Tom Brady got concussed last year and the Patriots opted to move forward with Jimmy Garropolo, Tom Brady would have elected to sign with the Cleveland Browns, and they would have won the Super Bowl LII.

Weak.

21st in the league in pay. His teams are consistently in the playoffs, and have finished in the top eight two years in a row.

But I guess it's because he's always on such great teams. I'm sure if Tom Brady got concussed last year and the Patriots opted to move forward with Jimmy Garropolo, Tom Brady would have elected to sign with the Cleveland Browns, and they would have won the Super Bowl LII.

Weak.

He's about 21st ranked, so sounds like a market appropriate contract to me. Sounds like he should be a better teammate. Weak.

So mid-season trades never happen? The Chiefs couldn't have made a move after losing Jeff Allen in week one? Actually, they could have, if Jamaal hadn't taken the rest of the money.

They hardly ever happen and teams usually don't trade off statting quality linemen in the middle of the year. Another swing and a miss.

He's about 21st ranked, so sounds like a market appropriate contract to me. Sounds like he should be a better teammate. Weak.

They hardly ever happen and teams usually don't trade off statting quality linemen in the middle of the year. Another swing and a miss.

The Chiefs didn't need to trade for starting quality linemen in 2014. They just needed an upgrade to McSpin. But keep moving those goalposts.

The Chiefs didn't need to trade for starting quality linemen in 2014. They just needed an upgrade to McSpin. But keep moving those goalposts.

lol you're funny

The only kind of trades you would land would be that quality level of a lineman, unless the other team was actively shopping them.

There is no goal post. You're simply not smart.

He may be better off retiring. It sounds as if he has nothing left. When the knees go, you are done. The Chiefs all but flat out said he was finished.

This sheds new light on why the two parties could not get together. Jamaal hinted during the off season, last summer that he was nearing an end of his career.

As important as Jamaal has been to this team, I hope the Chiefs reach out to him to be a representative. However, I have a feeling he will return to Texas when his playing time is over.

He may be better off retiring. It sounds as if he has nothing left. When the knees go, you are done. The Chiefs all but flat out said he was finished.

This sheds new light on why the two parties could not get together. Jamaal hinted during the off season, last summer that he was nearing an end of his career.

As important as Jamaal has been to this team, I hope the Chiefs reach out to him to be a representative. However, I have a feeling he will return to Texas when his playing time is over.

Hard to believe Jamaal would hang up the kleets so abruptly. How old is Lynch? He just retired

I think he would really fit well in NE. His pass blocking and receiving skills would improve their offense and he would stay healthier in that role rather than pounding the rock. They have crazy cap room. They could do a one year 6 million dollar deal and not even feel it.

Archived