Chiefs should talk to this guy

RB Latavius Murray: Murray averaged 4 yards per carry each of the past two seasons after becoming a starter for the Raiders. He’s a perfectly fine addition for a team that needs a running back. He’s just 27 years old and has only 543 career rushing attempts.

RB Latavius Murray: Murray averaged 4 yards per carry each of the past two seasons after becoming a starter for the Raiders. He’s a perfectly fine addition for a team that needs a running back. He’s just 27 years old and has only 543 career rushing attempts.

other than a draft pick I'd say the back field is set

I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Chiefs took a running back somewhere around their 3rd-5th pick this year. I think I would be surprised if it were higher than that. Chiefs have needs but if they went into the season with Ware, West and Spiller that wouldn't be the end of the world.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Chiefs took a running back somewhere around their 3rd-5th pick this year. I think I would be surprised if it were higher than that. Chiefs have needs but if they went into the season with Ware, West and Spiller that wouldn't be the end of the world.

If there is an early run on top-end interior lineman prospects and inside linebacker prospects, I'd be OK with a pick in the late first round of a versatile runningback that can hang back in pass protect. If they can't pass protect, I don't want to see them take a runningback until the fourth round.

At the combine Dorsey said that the draft was deep at WR, CB, and RB.  I think that's basically his way of saying that the Chiefs will probably draft each one of those, but most likely not in the 1st/2nd rounds. 

On a side note, I LOVE L. Murray, but this is probably the deepest RB draft we have ever seen.  I'd rather go cheap and grab someone there...

Archived