Chiefs Scheduled to meet with several QB's at Combine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams don't call the agents later and say that "yeah we weren't serious when we told you that."

There's a chance that the Chiefs told the agent that before the pick and we don't know what he did with that information between then and the pick. After it was picked, he talked publicly.

The Chiefs are pretty loose with what they plan to do, so I don't think this is what's going on.

The Chiefs are [b/]pretty loose with what they plan to do,[/b] so I don't think this is what's going on.

Based on? You keep saying they are. Sure they reached fast to get Dee Ford, but this isn't exactly telling an agent where they are going with no games.

One scout said that Mahomes has the strongest arm since Brett Farve.

Favre had large hands, and that helped him in the cold weather of Green Bay. No question that Mahomes has a strong arm. Whichever team takes him needs to view him as a prospect who needs time to develop.

Teams don't call the agents later and say that "yeah we weren't serious when we told you that."

There's a chance that the Chiefs told the agent that before the pick and we don't know what he did with that information between then and the pick. After it was picked, he talked publicly.

The Chiefs were serious about taking Lynch, but Denver jumped them, and the Chiefs either weren't willing to trade up or they were unable. There was clear interest in drafting Lynch.

I agree. I love them having this many picks. Nobody can hit them all, but these guys can pull some talent. Cheap FAs and waiver wire are pretty impressive also.

They are not afraid to admit mistakes like cutting Russel. You don't see people cut their second pick in the draft before the second preseason game. I think a lot of regimes would have cut their 8th pick and kept their 2nd just to save face. I like it.

The Chiefs were serious about taking Lynch, but Denver jumped them, and the Chiefs either weren't willing to trade up or they were unable. There was clear interest in drafting Lynch.

I'm curious: Where do you think the Chiefs end up last year if they had Paxton Lynch on the bench and whatever a seventh-round pick would get them instead of Chris Jones and Parker Ehinger on the field? Based on what Paxton Lynch showed in his rookie year, do you think the Chiefs were right to trade back for Chris Jones and Parker Ehinger rather than trade up for Paxton Lynch?

Based on? You keep saying they are. Sure they reached fast to get Dee Ford, but this isn't exactly telling an agent where they are going with no games.

Based on the fact that they've leaked out what the plans are to the point where even Ed Werder was like, "shit, even I got a scoop"

Knew about the Alex deal well before it happened, Maclin months in advance, who they planned to keep and let walk etc etc

Lots of details from the Berry negotiations leaked. There really isn't a veil of secrecy at Arrowhead anymore.

Not to argue, but what makes you so sure that they wanted Lynch? Do you have some inside source or do you believe everything you hear through the media?

Not to argue, but what makes you so sure that they wanted Lynch? Do you have some inside source or do you believe everything you hear through the media?

Yes, but I will recuse myself from elaboration in this forum.

Based on the fact that they've leaked out what the plans are to the point where even Ed Werder was like, "shit, even I got a scoop"

Knew about the Alex deal well before it happened, Maclin months in advance, who they planned to keep and let walk etc etc

Lots of details from the Berry negotiations leaked. There really isn't a veil of secrecy at Arrowhead anymore.

I don't think that there was really a reason for us not to let people know these things. Maybe the Alex trade, but the Alex deal? What would the incentive to be quiet on that? Maclin, I can see, but after Sanders reneged on his agreement, maybe we wanted it to be public? I don't see why we would need the Berry deal to be quiet?

But when we are talking about the draft, there are reasons to spread misinformation. There would be no reason for us to let everyone know that they needed to jump in front of us to get the quarterback we supposedly wanted. Well with the motivation be? This would be amateur stuff if we lost the quarterback we wanted because we were having loose lips.

The things you cited, I don't think that was that big of a deal to let people know.

A little bird told me that if Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, and DeShone Kizer are all off the board before the 20th pick, the Chiefs will trade up from their current first-round pick to take Nathan Peterman.

(There, I just saved the Chiefs from themselves: All of the dumb teams that believe everything that comes out before the NFL Draft will surely make a run for the quarterbacks now.)

I don't think that there was really a reason for us not to let people know these things. Maybe the Alex trade, but the Alex deal? What would the incentive to be quiet on that? Maclin, I can see, but after Sanders reneged on his agreement, maybe we wanted it to be public? I don't see why we would need the Berry deal to be quiet?

But when we are talking about the draft, there are reasons to spread misinformation. There would be no reason for us to let everyone know that they needed to jump in front of us to get the quarterback we supposedly wanted. Well with the motivation be? This would be amateur stuff if we lost the quarterback we wanted because we were having loose lips.

The things you cited, I don't think that was that big of a deal to let people know.

Alex deal, as in the trade.

Never said a lot of what has leaked has been a big deal, but a lot of info is leaked at Arrowhead. I think a lot more truthful info is leaked than realized, and most of the actual "misinformation" is created directly by the media to generate clicks.

A little bird told me that if Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, and DeShone Kizer are all off the board before the 20th pick, the Chiefs will trade up from their current first-round pick to take Nathan Peterman.

(There, I just saved the Chiefs from themselves: All of the dumb teams that believe everything that comes out before the NFL Draft will surely make a run for the quarterbacks now.)

Shoot that bird.

I heard on radio that the titans are shopping #5, wonder what it would cost to move up to that slot?

1st and 2nd at a minimum prob with something else tossed in

The Jets have #6 up for sale as well....

would the chiefs listen????

They might, but it would take a lot to move up that much. They would have to trade this draft, and the #1 next year at the bare minimum.

They might, but it would take a lot to move up that much. They would have to trade this draft, and the #1 next year at the bare minimum.

We have a lot of picks and no money.  I don't see them trading away what they would have to, to move up that far.  Would be exciting, though.

so you are saying it would take 11 picks to move up to get Foster....cannot see any team being dumb enough to do that.

I realized late last night after reading that Foster looked so awesome that he will go at least top 10 and so i have come to semi-accept

that the chiefs will be in the Mahomes, Peterman, Dobbs, Kaya etc tier and hope that lighting can strike as it did for brady and Prescott

Dorsey is not a riverboat gambler and i don't see the chiefs making that climb to get Foster or Kizer. the only way one of those guys will

end up in a KC uni is when they are FA in four years after they fail in Cleveland or chicago etc and the chiefs sign them to try to resurrect

their careers

I think history has shown that 3 of the 4 will suck and that no teams knows who the one is. It would make sense take one that drops or trade up a few spots to roll the dice, but no one is giving their draft away for any of them IMO.

It would be very surprising if that little bird is correct.  It would be astounding if a team had to trade up in the first round to get Peterman.  The QBs in this draft just aren't worth first round picks.  Some teams are so desperate that they'll take what they consider the best QB available, but I'd expect one of the top four listed above to still be there at #27.

I think history has shown that 3 of the 4 will suck and that no teams knows who the one is. It would make sense take one that drops or trade up a few spots to roll the dice, but no one is giving their draft away for any of them IMO.

the main reason that prescott succeeded this year is because of that massive offensive line in dallas, well that and romo being so fragile

he would not have been so lucky anywhere else

Archived