Harris popped for Felony Weed Possession

I am not aware of any other off the field issues with Harris. What he did was wrong (illegal), and not smart. I don't know that it should be a death sentence as many seem to believe. I hope we are a society that gives second chances. However, after reading Missouri law on the matter, it is a mandatory 1 year in prison, and felony offense. http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-marijuana-laws.html

I know mandatory sentencing was put in place to stop dangerous drugs, and other activities, but this seems harsh. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I could be wrong, but shockingly it seems (if what I read was true) Harris is going to prison over this small, and somewhat insignificant act.

Demetrius Harris was a good TE, and made something of himself. He was not the smartest person. However, that should not be used against him. He did not have the grades to play football in NCAA Division 1. Instead of playing football, Harris accepted a basketball scholarship to a small school. He was fortunate to get an opportunity to play in the NFL.

I hope I am wrong about the mandatory sentencing guidelines in Missouri. Either way, it is not time to jump on Harris for this mistake. If he does have to serve a sentence, I hope this does not ruin his life. I know Harris took down his Twitter. Apparently some people were tweeting messages to him. I don't understand why people bath in the misery of others. It is a twisted way of life.

I am not aware of any other off the field issues with Harris. What he did was wrong (illegal), and not smart. I don't know that it should be a death sentence as many seem to believe. I hope we are a society that gives second chances. However, after reading Missouri law on the matter, it is a mandatory 1 year in prison, and felony offense. http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-marijuana-laws.html

I know mandatory sentencing was put in place to stop dangerous drugs, and other activities, but this seems harsh. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I could be wrong, but shockingly it seems (if what I read was true) Harris is going to prison over this small, and somewhat insignificant act.

Demetrius Harris was a good TE, and made something of himself. He was not the smartest person. However, that should not be used against him. He did not have the grades to play football in NCAA Division 1. Instead of playing football, Harris accepted a basketball scholarship to a small school. He was fortunate to get an opportunity to play in the NFL.

I hope I am wrong about the mandatory sentencing guidelines in Missouri. Either way, it is not time to jump on Harris for this mistake. If he does have to serve a sentence, I hope this does not ruin his life. I know Harris took down his Twitter. Apparently some people were tweeting messages to him. I don't understand why people bath in the misery of others. It is a twisted way of life.

He'll be fine. Reid and Hunt will have his support.

Just a silly mistake. 2 states away it's perfectly legal so a Donkey player wouldn't suffer the same unnecessary fate

All this weed stuff is a joke. You can drive around with a 30 pack and beer bong..

Sure you can, because it is LEGAL!!  Now, you can't drink it in the car, that is ILLEGAL, and you would get arrested for it.  Pot in 43 of 50 states is ILLEGAL, therefore it is a CRIME to have it, and you get arrested for it.  Picking up what I am laying down?

Sure you can, because it is LEGAL!! Now, you can't drink it in the car, that is ILLEGAL, and you would get arrested for it. Pot in 43 of 50 states is ILLEGAL, therefore it is a CRIME to have it, and you get arrested for it. Picking up what I am laying down?

Free 'Merica!

Sure you can, because it is LEGAL!! Now, you can't drink it in the car, that is ILLEGAL, and you would get arrested for it. Pot in 43 of 50 states is ILLEGAL, therefore it is a CRIME to have it, and you get arrested for it. Picking up what I am laying down?

Of course. Should have changed a long time ago.

Archived