I am not sure what took them so long to decline the option. Maybe they were trying to renegotiate? Anyway, There is talk about Philly, but why would Foles go somewhere to be a backup. He should be starting.

I'd say since today is the first day of FA

Hoyer is more consistent than Foles. Foles was good in his replacement of Smith against the Colts, but the following game was abysmal. The Chiefs will make a move. Maybe they feel Bray is ready to be a backup? Perhaps they will bring in a QB in the draft, but we do know they did not feel Foles was the answer at his current price.

Terez paylor was saying that the Chiefs had interest in bringing him back if the money was right.

There are a lot of QB starved teams with more cap space than brains.Someone will overpay for his services meaning the Chiefs will not have him for 2017.

He should be starting.

Not sure I agree. We'll see soon if the league's other 31 franchises agree with John Dorsey, Andy Reid, and I.

(I should write sentences that end that way more often.)

Again, what has Nick Foles done since his 2013 season with Chip Kelly? He's got more turnovers than touchdowns from 2014 onward.

I can't get that image of Foles in the JAX game out of my head. He looked terrible.

And that was with a dropped INT and a deep pass that Hill did a good job tracking an underthrown ball.

It was against Jacksonville so I think Reid dialed it back, though.

Foles wasn't the solution. Do you think if the Chiefs drop Alex, or Alex is to get hurt the players will ever have confidence in Foles? People in this forum stated they thought the Chiefs should get ride of Alex Smith for Foles? Why should the players get behind that? Alex Smith is flawed. We all know that. At least he has won games. The players can get behind that. Maybe not like Rodgers, Carr, Brady, Roethlisberger, etc.. but a whole lot more than if they had Gabbert.

Not sure I agree. We'll see soon if the league's other 31 franchises agree with John Dorsey, Andy Reid, and I.

(I should write sentences that end that way more often.)

Again, what has Nick Foles done since his 2013 season with Chip Kelly? He's got more turnovers than touchdowns from 2014 onward.

True. I guess more of a comment on how bad some of the starters are than how great Foles is. I think that Foles and Daniels are both better than some of the starters out there.

Chase Daniel wants to go where he can be the starter. Foles signed a two year deal for $11 M, and $7 M of it is guaranteed. That used to be starter pay, but not anymore. It is clearly a move to let him be their back up.

The Eagles signed Chase Daniel for twenty one million with twelve of that guaranteed. By releasing him, the Eagles are still on the hook for a lot of money. Daniel can probably be signed for a lot less, since the Eagles are responsible for most of his income. I don't think he will come to KC. You have to wonder why the Eagles lost interest in Daniel.

Archived